NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    State of Origin Game 1

    Share
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5453
    Reputation : 1860
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Honeysett on Thu May 26, 2016 4:42 pm

    What does give us a bit more of an edge this year with our team over last year is we have Greg Bird for the series. He missed the whole of last year due to suspension.
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 2316
    Reputation : 595
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Pain on Thu May 26, 2016 10:35 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:What does give us a bit more of an edge this year with our team over last year is we have Greg Bird for the series. He missed the whole of last year due to suspension.
    If....  he doesn't get suspended during the series....
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2697
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Pieman on Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 pm

    @Pain wrote:
    If....  he doesn't get suspended during the series....

    I wouldnt mind putting a bet on that.
    Bird to be suspended and miss an origin game this season.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5292
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri May 27, 2016 6:50 pm

    Cooper Cronk has left training with an ankle injury
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3235
    Reputation : 846
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Krump on Fri May 27, 2016 7:06 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Cooper Cronk has left training with an ankle injury



    This is better than the p51 parties I keep missing
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1767
    Reputation : 331
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by surmo13 on Fri May 27, 2016 7:51 pm

    oh god, if he can't play, please Morgan to half-back and absolutely ANYONE in the super-sub position that isn't Queensland's answer to "what if we had a version of Mitchell Pearce that gets paid $1mil per season?"
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3235
    Reputation : 846
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Krump on Fri May 27, 2016 8:31 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:oh god, if he can't play, please Morgan to half-back and absolutely ANYONE in the super-sub position that isn't Queensland's answer to "what if we had a version of Mitchell Pearce that gets paid $1mil per season?"
    Did I read that he's gone into camp for the weekend?
    avatar
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 399
    Reputation : 75
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Mr Fernando on Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm

    We are screwed lol
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2697
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Cooper Cronk has left training with an ankle injury

    yeah right

    every year its an "injury" to a key player, or a "virus" etc... I find it hard to believe is all
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5453
    Reputation : 1860
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Honeysett on Fri May 27, 2016 8:48 pm

    100% agree Pieman. Sells papers, good click bait and is a QLD strategy to be underdogs. If JT didn't play then they would be underdogs and never before.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4707
    Reputation : 1820
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by No Worries on Fri May 27, 2016 9:34 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    yeah right

    every year its an "injury" to a key player, or a "virus" etc... I find it hard to believe is all

    One year a guy fell off a futon Rolling Laugh
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1708
    Reputation : 670
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by code delta on Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 pm

    Your Name wrote:

    One year a guy fell off a futon Rolling Laugh
    He's playing for the Titans now so what's that got to do with SOO.
    Ah, that's right. NZ, that's in QLD. Smile
    WWTF isn't Semi playing for NSW. He played for Oz. Fiji, that's not in QLD. Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 5739
    Reputation : 829
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 26

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Random on Sat May 28, 2016 12:13 am

    Cronk confirmed to be fine. Thank god.
    avatar
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 399
    Reputation : 75
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Mr Fernando on Sun May 29, 2016 1:19 pm

    Cronk is still in huge doubt from all reports.

    In more bad news for QLD, Dugan has been ruled out and Morris is expected to come into the side. He will strengthen the NSW defence significantly and they lose nothing in attack or experience. NSW were already heavy favourites and you'd expect their odds to shorten from here.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5453
    Reputation : 1860
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 29, 2016 2:50 pm

    @Random wrote:Cronk confirmed to be fine. Thank god.

    I'm not sure what Joey had to do with it.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Guest on Sun May 29, 2016 3:16 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I'm not sure what Joey had to do with it.
    You mean Thurston. Latest poll results show Thurston is rated higher then Johns.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2697
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 29, 2016 3:38 pm

    Bren wrote:
    You mean Thurston. Latest poll results show Thurston is rated higher then Johns.

    As a Newcastle fan - and massive John's fan (his footy ability alone, I think he is or at least was a piece of shit as a human) I think thurston is a better player.

    I cant think of a single thing that John's did better than him except for defend. In saying that, I cant think of anything that Thurston does better than when johns did it, so its pretty even. It will mostly come down to state allegiance anyway.

    Johns defended like a back rower - thurston is essentially a speed bump.



    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4707
    Reputation : 1820
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by No Worries on Sun May 29, 2016 4:03 pm

    @code delta wrote:
    He's playing for the Titans now so what's that got to do with SOO.
    Ah, that's right. NZ, that's in QLD. Smile
    WWTF isn't Semi playing for NSW. He played for Oz. Fiji, that's not in QLD. Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4707
    Reputation : 1820
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by No Worries on Sun May 29, 2016 10:42 pm

    @Mr Fernando wrote:Dugan has been ruled out and Morris is expected to come into the side.  

    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5453
    Reputation : 1860
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 29, 2016 11:38 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    As a Newcastle fan - and massive John's fan (his footy ability alone, I think he is or at least was a piece of shit as a human) I think thurston is a better player.

    I cant think of a single thing that John's did better than him except for defend. In saying that, I cant think of anything that Thurston does better than when johns did it, so its pretty even. It will mostly come down to state allegiance anyway.

    Johns defended like a back rower - thurston is essentially a speed bump.




    Each to their own mate. JT is a hell of a player. I just think Joey pushed boundaries of what a halfback can do. I'd love to see them both in their prime against each other, especially in the Origin arena.

      Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 pm