NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

Welshy
    Welshy

The Gaming Thread - Page 49 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Krump wrote:
    Shocked No wonder I don't have kids.
    Blame his nan and his mother! He can work those pair like a drum!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Welshy wrote:
    No Worries wrote:I only play Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego branded PS4 games. I'm not the person to ask
    My boy has about £1300 worth of skylander figures and £1000 worth of infinities. He did have an original spyro and a few of the gold versions

Man I want to buy Skylanders but I can never justify the money spent on it.. Want to adopt me Welshy?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Random wrote:

Man I want to buy Skylanders but I can never justify the money spent on it.. Want to adopt me Welshy?
    You'd be too busy getting drunk and sleeping at his mum's because the wife had kicked you out for coming home drunk to play it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Random wrote:

its brilliant to be fair and I enjoy playing it with him and have on my own, but it honestly costs a fortune, you can complete it with 3 minimum or maybe it's just the one needed but it's gets boring! Some of the characters are pretty cool! Can remember shouting at him when it first came out because he wanted a certain figure and I was trying to tell him it was rubbish after reading reviews and to get a different one, but he wanted the one with the flame hands not the flame sword Mad
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Krump wrote:
    You'd be too busy getting drunk and sleeping at his mum's because the wife had kicked you out for coming home drunk to play it.
    Sometimes I stay out past my curfew to get into trouble because I enjoy the peace and quiet. #selfsabotage

Last edited by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 pm

ryno_ wrote:What are some oldish PS4 games I can grab from the bargain bin to play while I wait for the new Red Dead Redemption? Something in the watchdogs/infamous/farcry genre preferably... I picked up The Witcher 3 and its fun enough but im just not loving it.

As Welshy said Borderlands is a great game. Not exactly the same vein as those but has open world concept somewhat. You can usually pick it up cheap with Borderlands 2 and Pre-sequel bundle on the PSN store. Other games that may fit your desire.

Fallout Franchise (Fallout 4 is easy to get into even if you haven't played the others.)
    Assassin Creed Franchise (Black Flag should be cheap, and is just diverse enough from the others to make it interesting.)
    Dying Light (If you like zombies)
    Just Cause 3 (If you aren't invested heavily in the story and love blowing shit up.)
    Dead Island (Zombies again)
    Mad Max
    Yakuza Series
    Last of Us (If you missed it, isn't open world but amazing story. Again Zombies)
    Prototype (Might only be available on PSN)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Random wrote:

its brilliant to be fair and I enjoy playing it with him and have on my own, but it honestly costs a fortune, you can complete it with 3 minimum or maybe it's just the one needed but it's gets boring! Some of the characters are pretty cool! Can remember shouting at him when it first came out because he wanted a certain figure and I was trying to tell him it was rubbish after reading reviews and to get a different one, but he wanted the one with the flame hands not the flame sword Mad

Yeah I would definitely want them all for variety. Plus the guys that can swap in between and make your own version.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Random wrote:

Yeah I would definitely want them all for variety. Plus the guys that can swap in between and make your own version.
    Swap force was good, magnet allow you to swap the upper and lower bodies and gain the powers from both, he hasn't really got into imaginators yet despite the small fortune paid at xmas for the dark version. he spends a lot of his time playing Jonah Lomu rugby challenge. He has Lego dimensions unopened from last xmas off my brother, bad parenting.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Random wrote:

Swap force was good, magnet allow you to swap the upper and lower bodies and gain the powers from both, he hasn't really got into imaginators yet despite the small fortune paid at xmas for the dark version. he spends a lot of his time playing Jonah Lomu rugby challenge. He has Lego dimensions unopened from last xmas off my brother, bad parenting.

Oh then you can transition him to Rugby League Live 4 when it gets released in Sept.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Random wrote:

Oh then you can transition him to Rugby League Live 4 when it gets released in Sept.
    He wanted league live 3 but I won't pay £45 for it! He is happy enough playing lomu challenge and World Cup 2011 Laugh 3 best 50p I have ever spent
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Random wrote:

As Welshy said Borderlands is a great game. Not exactly the same vein as those but has open world concept somewhat. You can usually pick it up cheap with Borderlands 2 and Pre-sequel bundle on the PSN store. Other games that may fit your desire.

Fallout Franchise (Fallout 4 is easy to get into even if you haven't played the others.)
    Assassin Creed Franchise (Black Flag should be cheap, and is just diverse enough from the others to make it interesting.)
    Just Cause 3 (If you aren't invested heavily in the story and love blowing shit up.)
    Mad Max
    Yakuza Series
    Last of Us (If you missed it, isn't open world but amazing story. Again Zombies)

Last of Us, Prototype I played and loved. And uncharted for that matter, basically the same as Last of Us without the zombies. Wasnt a fan of Assassins Creed. Borderlands, Fallout & Just Cause Ill keep an eye out for in the bins out front. Cheers.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:09 am

Sleeping at his mum's ??
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:18 am

leaguegod wrote:i wasn't playing as much as you guys when it came out but have been playing it for a while now

Pokedex up to 178

still walking a charmeleon to get a charizard ffs!

Probably more efficient to switch Charmeleon out. You will probably hatch a Charmander sooner or later, or at least find one in the wild. How many more candies do you need?

I've got Larvitar as my buddy. Lucky enough to hatch one from an egg and its the only one I've seen so far.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:19 am

I've been playing Overwatch since Xmas, pretty addicting. I find myself shouting at the screen though when it feels like everyone else on my team is shit haha.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 am

Finch wrote:

Probably more efficient to switch Charmeleon out. You will probably hatch a Charmander sooner or later, or at least find one in the wild. How many more candies do you need?

I've got Larvitar as my buddy. Lucky enough to hatch one from an egg and its the only one I've seen so far.

4 more, charmanders are so rare for me, I'm seeing this one out

Haven't seen a larvitar myself

Got a few new ones today, up to 181
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:23 am

If anyone picks up Ghost Recon I would love to know how it is going for them and whether it is worth picking up.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:45 am

I played the beta and it was pretty awesome. My mate is playing now and we're talking while he's playing it and he's pretty impressed so far. I'll be picking it up
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 am

ryno_ wrote:What are some oldish PS4 games I can grab from the bargain bin to play while I wait for the new Red Dead Redemption? Something in the watchdogs/infamous/farcry genre preferably... I picked up The Witcher 3 and its fun enough but im just not loving it.

Metal gear solid 5: phantom pain
    Tomb raider: rise of the tomb raider
    The entire uncharted series is amazing

Last edited by Spectre on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:48 am

Random wrote:

Mad Max
    Yakuza Series
    Fallout 4 is by far the most overrated crap game I've ever played
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 am

Picked up horizon: zero dawn today and I'm enjoying it so far. I've put about 3 hours in to it and I've only just entered the 'open world' so judging by that I'm hoping the game has a good amount of hours until completion

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 am