NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The Gaming Thread

Honeysett

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Honeysett on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Just went against my morals and put some preorders down.

Fifa 17
    BF1
    Batman: Return to Arkham and
    Titanfall 2

Does anyone know, if I preorder COD IW and it comes with the downloadable MW1 as an add-on can I just use the download code and returnIW game to EB games? Essentially getting a game for free?
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:24 am

I caught a drowzee wtf that is just before.
    Looks like spawn spots/frequencies/etc have changed?

Caught a Dragonite in the wild down by the Yarra on Monday too.
    First time I've experienced the 30 people running to one spot to catch a pokemon.

I was sitting in my car and everyone ran towards me, didn't know wtf was going on.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Opted for the $12 copy of Watchdogs to venture where i haven't before. Anyone here rate this two year old game ?
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Revraiser wrote:Opted for the $12 copy of Watchdogs to venture where i haven't before. Anyone here rate this two year old game ?

Yeah I loved it, thought it was great fun. Being yo to put up bollards when cars are chasing you is so much fun. Also the multi-player was really different and essentially playing hide and seek took me back to being a kid. I used to drive a normal car and drive normally to avoid being seen by other players. I'd even park the same way a NPC would. Was quite funny.

There was one time I was on a semi trailer and I kept getting out of one side of the truck while the player walking around it, then I would jump in the other side and he'd have no idea. This happened for ages.
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Yeah I loved it, thought it was great fun. Being yo to put up bollards when cars are chasing you is so much fun. Also the multi-player was really different and essentially playing hide and seek took me back to being a kid. I used to drive a normal car and drive normally to avoid being seen by other players. I'd even park the same way a NPC would. Was quite funny.

There was one time I was on a semi trailer and I kept getting out of one side of the truck while the player walking around it, then I would jump in the other side and he'd have no idea. This happened for ages.

Yeah its a great game. Quite pretty, cool idea. Story jumps around a bit and the cars handle like a bar of soap but the multiplayer was lots of fun. #2 is out soon, itll be the first game I buy close to release on PS4.

I did the same cat & mouse thing with a guy in a parking structure, running up and down stairwells to different levels while he was driving up and down the ramps trying to find me. And when it descends into a full on car chase is pretty cool. Its hard trying to show restraint in a crowd of people, to act normal or drive and remembering to stop at lights. Good trick if you're struggling to find someone is to drop a grenade or something... Its hard enough to make your character blend in when everyone is acting normal, when everyone is panicking, its impossible to not stick out.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:11 am

Ok thanks guys, will give a go and possibly in time for oart2.
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:05 am

Just looked at my pokedex and apparently I have seen a Lapras, Arcanine, Gyarardos and one of the other big ones.

Must've been while I had my phone on going for a walk or run with it in my pocket. Sad
    surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 pm

filthridden wrote:Just looked at my pokedex and apparently I have seen a Lapras, Arcanine, Gyarardos and one of the other big ones.

Must've been while I had my phone on going for a walk or run with it in my pocket. Sad

They released an update some time ago where Pokemon you look at in a gym are marked as seen, that might have been what happened.
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:20 pm

surmo13 wrote:

They released an update some time ago where Pokemon you look at in a gym are marked as seen, that might have been what happened.

That makes a lot more sense.

EDIT: I reckon it's ones that I've actually battled in a gym. Seen loads more in gyms that don't pop up.
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Anyone play Star Wars Galaxy of Hero's on iphone/ipad?

Pretty addictive, i got it to show my star wars mad kid the characters and now he doesnt even get a look in haha
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Not a mobile gamer, can't stand them to be honest - micro transaction rubbish.

I've been playing FFXV and it's absolutely amazing. When I'm not playing it I'm thinking about playing it, very addictive.
    Finch

Post by Finch on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:40 pm

So who is still playing Pokemon GO...?

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 am

i wasn't playing as much as you guys when it came out but have been playing it for a while now

Pokedex up to 178

still walking a charmeleon to get a charizard ffs!
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:50 am

Only play it on behalf of my son, so have started back up with the new release.
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:52 am

What are some oldish PS4 games I can grab from the bargain bin to play while I wait for the new Red Dead Redemption? Something in the watchdogs/infamous/farcry genre preferably... I picked up The Witcher 3 and its fun enough but im just not loving it.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 am

I only play Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego branded PS4 games. I'm not the person to ask
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:13 am

No Worries wrote:I only play Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego branded PS4 games. I'm not the person to ask

I did look at Lego Batman tbh... but it was squarely in the shelving, not the bargain bin.
    Welshy

Post by Welshy on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 am

No Worries wrote:I only play Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Lego branded PS4 games. I'm not the person to ask
    My boy has about £1300 worth of skylander figures and £1000 worth of infinities. He did have an original spyro and a few of the gold versions
    Welshy

Post by Welshy on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:18 am

ryno_ wrote:What are some oldish PS4 games I can grab from the bargain bin to play while I wait for the new Red Dead Redemption? Something in the watchdogs/infamous/farcry genre preferably... I picked up The Witcher 3 and its fun enough but im just not loving it.
    Borderlands. Incredible game, done the first 2 about 5 times each
    Krump

Post by Krump on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 am

Welshy wrote:
    My boy has about £1300 worth of skylander figures and £1000 worth of infinities. He did have an original spyro and a few of the gold versions
    Shocked No wonder I don't have kids.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 am