NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The Gaming Thread

Honeysett

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Honeysett on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:09 pm

@SI wrote:

Yeah, data is like gold for me living in the sticks just outside Perth.  50 gig is pretty much it unless I want to pay a couple of hundred a month.  I am literally updating Halo Wars 2 (16 gig) over a 2 month billing cycle Laugh 3 Crying or Very sad

You're welcome to drive on down to Scarborough and hook up your xbox and update all the stuff you need to mate. I've got unlimited.
    surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

It shows their positivity towards whether you will like the game - if you like it and buy it you've already got it installed so you can instantly play it. If they made you download 43GB after a free trial most people wouldn't want to do that.

i think finding a way to even just half the download size for a trial would've been the way to go, then download the other half for the full purchase, as it stands i don't see a great deal of people downloading 43 gig for a game they might only drop a few hours into before deciding it's not for them, but i do appreciate that i have no idea how they might've done that and it prolly would've been a hell of a lot easier said than done.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:06 pm

@surmo13 wrote:

i think finding a way to even just half the download size for a trial would've been the way to go, then download the other half for the full purchase, as it stands i don't see a great deal of people downloading 43 gig for a game they might only drop a few hours into before deciding it's not for them, but i do appreciate that i have no idea how they might've done that and it prolly would've been a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Yeah it's bloody tough to do - they're obviously short of projected sales so need to boost something to get it over the line. Spending more money to make a trial version of the game would be counter productive. I do get ya though - especially if it's a weekend free special and you find out on Sunday you're not going to do it are ya haha
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Currently addicted to the simplest of mobile puzzle games called - 1010 puzzle.
    Have purchased and not yet played the new Outlast either.

Has anyone here got into Elite Dangerous and recommend it ?
    Finch

Post by Finch on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Alright been playing the new Crash for a good 5 days or so now, only Crash 1 so far.

One of my new favourite hobbies is to watch Youtube videos of people raging.

"Game........Over" If I had $1 for everytime I've seen that...
    Finch

Post by Finch on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

And people said this game was dead....
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

I bought a 4tb hard drive for my xbox on the weekend to store all my games. Fuck me it's so much better than only have 10 games on my xbox. By the end of this week I'll have my whole library on there which will be 50 odd games, then I won't have redownload them when I get the new xbox one x
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 am

@Finch wrote:Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

For the uninitiated... POGO?
    Finch

Post by Finch on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 pm

@ryno_ wrote:

For the uninitiated... POGO?

Pokemon Go
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 am

@Finch wrote:

Pokemon Go

Ah. Didnt realise that was still a thing.
    surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:25 pm

@Finch wrote:Legendary raids in POGO right now. Tons of people turn up its crazy lol

It's kind of amazing, the catastrophic and absolute failure that was 'GO Fest' probably should've been the death knell for it, but in the aftermath, i haven't seen this many people out playing since the initial hysteria after its release
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:16 am

@surmo13 wrote:

It's kind of amazing, the catastrophic and absolute failure that was 'GO Fest' probably should've been the death knell for it, but in the aftermath, i haven't seen this many people out playing since the initial hysteria after its release

Have they bought out a big update or is it just a unexplained swell?
    surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 am

@ryno_ wrote:

Have they bought out a big update or is it just a unexplained swell?

they've finally introduced some legendary pokemon into the game, with more to be introduced over the coming weeks, plus they're running an event at the moment where pretty much everything you can do in-game has been increased, until saturday morning - Double xp, stardust & candy. More frequent pokemon spawns. Egg & buddy distance decrease by 2/3rds
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:39 am

@surmo13 wrote:

they've finally introduced some legendary pokemon into the game, with more to be introduced over the coming weeks, plus they're running an event at the moment where pretty much everything you can do in-game has been increased, until saturday morning - Double xp, stardust & candy. More frequent pokemon spawns. Egg & buddy distance decrease by 2/3rds

have they bought in trading/fighting mates?
    surmo13

Post by surmo13 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 am

@ryno_ wrote:

have they bought in trading/fighting mates?

nope, supposedly in the works, but they're trying to severely restrict spoofing and botting before they even think about rolling it out
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 am

@surmo13 wrote:

Didn't know this so have turned it on sitting at my desk at work, and shit is popping up everywhere.
    Finch

Post by Finch on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:13 pm

I finally beat the High Road in Crash 1. Legit took me probably 3 hours of game time.

Finally!!!
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Rainbow six siege is where it's at boys

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm