NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 7 Match Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Round 7 Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 7 Match Thread

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:

Pretty well placed to win multiple over the next five years or so though Very Happy

But any time your side wins 50-0 it is worth getting up for though, even against a side like the Knights.

You've been well placed since you've been brought into the comp, now that the salary cap is looked after tightly you haven't won a comp. Some would call it balance, others luck. Most would call it karma.

In reality it's just sour grapes. I wish Newcastle was a team that had endless TPAs to keep their epicly good juniors. We don't, so we're a team that struggles year on year. Still if the Broncos don't win in this period they've fucked it up. And mark my words they won't be in the grand final this year
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:

You've been well placed since you've been brought into the comp, now that the salary cap is looked after tightly you haven't won a comp. Some would call it balance, others luck. Most would call it karma.

In reality it's just sour grapes. I wish Newcastle was a team that had endless TPAs to keep their epicly good juniors. We don't, so we're a team that struggles year on year. Still if the Broncos don't win in this period they've fucked it up. And mark my words they won't be in the grand final this year

Agreed, Brisbane have been well placed to win premierships since they came in, and....they have Very Happy

The future is looking pretty rosy really, I'm confident it will be a good run with some premierships thrown in over the next few years. Hopefully plenty of scorelines like tonight!
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:59 pm

lol Honeyset umad?

Sure we are no certainties to play in the big dance after round 7.

But at this present time, its the top 2 6 centuries of daylight then the rest.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:25 am

Make no mistake about it, I would love to support a team that year after year has the profile to win a premiership. I don't however, but I won't abandon my team because of it.

Broncos are going too strong too early. They'll fade at the end of the year, they've got absolutely zero depth in the halves. If they have injuries like most clubs have had this year they'll go to shit.

You always see the supporters come out of the woodwork when you're winning but where are you all when you lose? I'm still here. Year after year when Newcastle are shit. You beat up a horrible team at their lowest ebb. Congrats.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:29 am

I havent missed a home game in 8 seasons. Been some pretty lean spells through that time.

No depth in the halves ? Tell me a club who has.

JUst because we are leading now doesnt mean we will fall into oblivion, this isnt a horse race.

You are just another hater who is butt hurt.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:35 am

Most Bronco fans have been a bit disappointed and critical with the way the team has been travelling this year tbh. So I don't think it's gonna be a Souths 2015 situation where they are deadset fried by round 20 due to being "up" for so long. Even tonight there was probably 20-30 minutes that were a bit meh
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:38 am

B/L wrote:I havent missed a home game in 8 seasons. Been some pretty lean spells through that time.

No depth in the halves ? Tell me a club who has.

JUst because we are leading now doesnt mean we will fall into oblivion, this isnt a horse race.

You are just another hater who is butt hurt.

Don't get me wrong mate I have a lot of respect for the guys that go to the games and members etc. It's more directed to the crowd that don't attend games and only talk up when their team is winning.

I'm absolutely a hater, cannot fucking stand the Broncos or their fans. After living in Brisbane it only got worse, they're the worst fans I have seen. Plus they've had so much success and it's easy to hate them. You've got access to the best juniors going around and they're the only club that's got a whole rugby league city to build on. I hate them. Everything about them I hate. At no stage did Newcastle have a chance to win this game, I even said the 71-6 record was at risk.

Since 97 you've won 4 grand finals to our 2. That's pretty piss poor considering. Although admittedly I'm choosing the year
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 am

All good mate, i hate fickle fans as much as anyone. Plenty of them in Brisbane. Im well aware we have an advantage but its hardly our fault.

Our current crop of under 20's are absolute tripe however which shows how much scouting and poaching goes on at grass roots levels these days. However being us we will aways have a chance of getting them back eg Milford.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:46 am

4 grand finals in that time is pretty good though really. 2 from the Knights is terrific and shows what having arguably the best player in the world can do for your side. Hopefully if they can produce another Joey they will be able to hang onto him
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:46 am

Nikorima would play in the halves if injury required. Wouldn't be surprised if Kahu would go okay at 5/8 as well allowing Eden or Maranta to come onto the wing.

Injuries weren't Newy's problem today - dropping the ball and not wanting to tackle were. Hopefully they'll improve next week.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:54 am

B/L wrote:All good mate, i hate fickle fans as much as anyone. Plenty of them in Brisbane. Im well aware we have an advantage but its hardly our fault.

Our current crop of under 20's are absolute tripe however which shows how much scouting and poaching goes on at grass roots levels these days. However being us we will aways have a chance of getting them back eg Milford.

Oh I don't fault you for it, I hate you for it. I've said many a time, I love to hate the Broncos. It's a sporting rivalry that I think everyone has. They're the team I love to see lose and because they're so good it's even better. I would be the very definition of a hater. However, I'm also very passionate about the teams I support. You'll never see me stop posting or stop following my team when they're losing, which couldn't be said for a few of the Broncos fans I know.

I think now that a few other teams can compete financially or offer up playing with the best players you're suffering, which is why your junior system is struggling. Previously it was bide your time and you'll play in a premiership winning team now they don't have that power.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:57 am

I think the key to beating us is to make us play through the middle. It sounds absurd but we score all our points out wide because our attack is so well structured.

You are almost better off sticking a winger in each corner and starting to defend from there. We have a good forward pack but its hardly an intimidating one. SHut down our offloads and minimise space out wide and make us rely on our forwards busting through to score points.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:21 am

It's pretty bad that I can see and tell you where the Broncos will take their attacking raid first and coaches don't stop it. How Oates always gets so much room so earlier is embarrassing.

That said I'm happy it's happening while he's $8

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 am

Anyone know what the Broncos for and against is after that game? Nothing like giving a team an absolute bath. It may have only been against the spooners but putting 50 unanswered points on any side is a good feeling.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:38 am

Honeysett wrote:Broncos supporters getting cocky after beating Newcastle.

How can you not get some confidence after giving a team an absolute belting? Like origin game 3 last year it was fantastic to watch . I guarantee the players will feel good going into next week because of it.

Coffee
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:28 pm

The sharks of this year respond every time the opposition comes back into it,exciting. Past years not as killer instinct like.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:29 pm

The Sharks have so many strike weapons at the back, they'd be dangerous if they made top 4
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Look to me like we will be top four. Bird and Holmes plus Barba firing and injury free are key to this.

The sharks are always written off and never trusted because of the old trophyless tag. Its amazing we werent strong faves in games like against the tigers etc. But it is a given.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:Look to me like we will be top four. Bird and Holmes plus Barba firing and injury free are key to this.

The sharks are always written off and never trusted because of the old trophyless tag. Its amazing we werent strong faves in games like against the tigers etc. But it is a given.
    In previous years they were written off because you had Robson and others weighing you down.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:28 pm

That was a penalty try for sure, Lawrence would have dove and got downwards pressure on it.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:24 am