NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 7 Match Thread

    Share

    Krump

    Posts : 2271
    Reputation : 335
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:36 am

    Trying to get OSM to admit a qlder isn't perfect is like Bang.
    I think I know where the state based bias is, find me a NSWelshman who says Gallen or Bird are good blokes.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 am

    @Krump wrote:Trying to get OSM to admit a qlder isn't perfect is like Bang.
    I think I know where the state based bias is, find me a NSWelshman who says Gallen or Bird are good blokes.

    There's a fair difference between those examples though mate.

    The fact is we don't have any Gallen/Bird types in our team, I'll admit that Hodgo was certainly a bit grubby and moronic at times but have you got anything else other than this mythical theory that Smith has an almighty power over the ref's??


    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3847
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:08 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    There's a fair difference between those examples though mate.

    The fact is we don't have any Gallen/Bird types in our team, I'll admit that Hodgo was certainly a bit grubby and moronic at times but have you got anything else other than this mythical theory that Smith has an almighty power over the ref's??


    Slater? One of the grubbiest guys around.

    Krump

    Posts : 2271
    Reputation : 335
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 am

    Back to the penalty try. If it is actually an objective rule from the ref's perspective than why not have their opinion on it when we have the farcical situation with them having to have an opinion on everything else?

    Pieman

    Posts : 1379
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:25 am

    @Krump wrote:Back to the penalty try. If it is actually an objective rule from the ref's perspective than why not have their opinion on it when we have the farcical situation with them having to have an opinion on everything else?

    Because the refs wouldnt want the added pressure. They would get destroyed over "their opinion".

    Personally, I feel that if a player illegally denies the attacker the chance to score a try, at the try line or in the in-goal, it should enough for it to be a penalty try.


    Pieman

    Posts : 1379
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:26 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    There's a fair difference between those examples though mate.

    The fact is we don't have any Gallen/Bird types in our team, I'll admit that Hodgo was certainly a bit grubby and moronic at times but have you got anything else other than this mythical theory that Smith has an almighty power over the ref's??


    Greg Inglis.

    Not to mention the fact that Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith - were all integral parts of the biggest salary cap scandal ever.

    Idiot.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:39 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Greg Inglis.

    Not to mention the fact that Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith - were all integral parts of the biggest salary cap scandal ever.

    Idiot.

    What about GI??
    What grubby acts has he ever committed on the field?

    The Slater call makes me laugh every time.....probably one of the cleanest players to have played the game and instead of lauding the desperation and competitiveness that has made him one of the great players of the modern era.....tall poppy syndrome drives people to claim Gallen/Bird-esque grubbery.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:48 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Because the refs wouldnt want the added pressure. They would get destroyed over "their opinion".

    Personally, I feel that if a player illegally denies the attacker the chance to score a try, at the try line or in the in-goal, it should enough for it to be a penalty try.


    You are way off the mark here Pieman.

    That is a professional foul any day of the week, similar to when a player holds down another player excessively after they have made a length of the field break and have just been tackled short of the line.
    In those scenarios, there is every likelihood (and in some cases it is more likely than the try you are sooking about) that if allowed to play the ball their team scores.
    Is this a penalty try? No, of course not. It's called a professional foul.

    Did you have money on CLaw scoring a try or something?

    Pieman

    Posts : 1379
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:18 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    You are way off the mark here Pieman.

    That is a professional foul any day of the week, similar to when a player holds down another player excessively after they have made a length of the field break and have just been tackled short of the line.
    In those scenarios, there is every likelihood (and in some cases it is more likely than the try you are sooking about) that if allowed to play the ball their team scores.
    Is this a penalty try? No, of course not. It's called a professional foul.

    Did you have money on CLaw scoring a try or something?

    As usual, you have totally missed the point. This is a common theme with your posts.

    The difference between eg fullback holding down a guy who made a break in the general field of play - then getting binned, and this situation, is that Lawrence was in the in-goal or close enough - and that very play, the next half a second was going to be the try scoring play. He illegally denied lawrence the chance to score the try, at the try line/in goal. That should be more than enough to make it a penalty try, and in the past it has been a penalty try and should have been on the weekend.

    All he had to do was fall on it, and you would expect him to do it, therefore a penalty try is applicable.

    If a bloke makes a break, the FB tackles him and holds him down, giving away a penalty intentionally (shouldnt any intentional penalty be considered a professional foul?) then getting binned - you cant give that a penalty try because the ball would have to go through how ever many sets of hands or what ever for them to score. With lawrence, that very play was going to be a try (or was close enough to reasonably expect lawrence to score it), he was illegally denied the chance therefore it should have been a penalty try.

    I dont know how many times ive said it, sorry for the spam, I wont talk about it any more. Just simpletons like OSM need it spelled out a million different ways to get though their neanderthal frontal bones.


    Pieman

    Posts : 1379
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    What about GI??
    What grubby acts has he ever committed on the field?

    The Slater call makes me laugh every time.....probably one of the cleanest players to have played the game and instead of lauding the desperation and competitiveness that has made him one of the great players of the modern era.....tall poppy syndrome drives people to claim Gallen/Bird-esque grubbery.

    His Competitiveness leads him to his grubbyness.
    Smith - the amount of neck and arm and leg twisting he does, he should just go in submission matches in the WWE. Captain Grub.

    Paul Gallen - hasnt done anything for years, has had one or 2 incidents where he lost the plot. Personally, I dont like him as a player, I dont know him as a person so cant comment there. I think hes a grub and cant wait for him to retire from rep footy.
    Bird - yep, total cunt of a player. "His competitiveness" makes him a great player, but he loses the plot all the time with his tackling technique and looseness on the piss. Total scum bag.

    Inglis was accused of belting his mrs. She turns up with a big black eye and they break up for a while. I dont care where it happened, its fucked. Protecting herself my left dick.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3847
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:27 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    What about GI??
    What grubby acts has he ever committed on the field?

    The Slater call makes me laugh every time.....probably one of the cleanest players to have played the game and instead of lauding the desperation and competitiveness that has made him one of the great players of the modern era.....tall poppy syndrome drives people to claim Gallen/Bird-esque grubbery.

    Kicking a player on the ground by lashing out with his boot.
    Karate kicking a player in the head.
    Sliding in with his knees and feet into players as they score tries.
    Punching Nightingale in the head while his arms were held by other players.

    Off the top of my head.

    Gallen has been horrible for years but Slater isn't a clean skin. Just gets special treatment.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6712
    Reputation : 695
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by SI on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:38 am

    @Dip wrote:Ref: Differential penalty
    Peter Wallace: what's that?
    Haha


    I rewound it twice and pretty sure he had a fuck in there as well Lol

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3043
    Reputation : 713
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:42 am


    Everyone knows that Slater is a clean player, because every time he kicks someone in the head, we get told "it's not his go"

    Pieman

    Posts : 1379
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Everyone knows that Slater is a clean player, because every time he kicks someone in the head, we get told "it's not his go"

    Thats right.
    Not his go.

    Smith: Not his go.
    Slater: Not his go.

    "He was just lashing out with his boot to protect himself, plus its for balance".

    Its almost literally the same thing as running around swinging your arms around like a helicopter and yelling, "Im not hitting you, its your fault if you run into it".

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:09 am

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Everyone knows that Slater is a clean player, because every time he kicks someone in the head, we get told "it's not his go"

    You shouldn't have to be told, it's a fairly clear vibe that often get's overlooked, mainly due to tall poppy syndrome I suspect.

    Fairly obvious when 'incidents' that were never intended to intentionally hurt another player, such as those raised by Honeysett e.g. your legs flying out when you catch a high ball.......are overlooked left, right and centre for other players and then highlighted as grubbery when Slater does it.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:15 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    As usual, you have totally missed the point. This is a common theme with your posts.

    The difference between eg fullback holding down a guy who made a break in the general field of play - then getting binned, and this situation, is that Lawrence was in the in-goal or close enough - and that very play, the next half a second was going to be the try scoring play. He illegally denied lawrence the chance to score the try, at the try line/in goal. That should be more than enough to make it a penalty try, and in the past it has been a penalty try and should have been on the weekend.

    All he had to do was fall on it, and you would expect him to do it, therefore a penalty try is applicable.

    If a bloke makes a break, the FB tackles him and holds him down, giving away a penalty intentionally (shouldnt any intentional penalty be considered a professional foul?) then getting binned - you cant give that a penalty try because the ball would have to go through how ever many sets of hands or what ever for them to score. With lawrence, that very play was going to be a try (or was close enough to reasonably expect lawrence to score it), he was illegally denied the chance therefore it should have been a penalty try.

    I dont know how many times ive said it, sorry for the spam, I wont talk about it any more. Just simpletons like OSM need it spelled out a million different ways to get though their neanderthal frontal bones.


    You are again proving to be the moronic tard that I have always suspected you to be.

    The two examples are almost identical and both are professional fouls and not penalty tries because there is some possibility in the ref's mind that the player would not regather possession (either from the dummy half pass that is rarely dropped or from the bouncing grubber that is often fumbled).

    Seriously, I know it will be out of character but just try and make an effort to stop being a dumb khunt.


    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3847
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:17 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    You shouldn't have to be told, it's a fairly clear vibe that often get's overlooked, mainly due to tall poppy syndrome I suspect.

    Fairly obvious when 'incidents' that were never intended to intentionally hurt another player, such as those raised by Honeysett e.g. your legs flying out when you catch a high ball.......are overlooked left, right and centre for other players and then highlighted as grubbery when Slater does it.

    Slater punching Nightingale in the head when he couldn't throw a punch back. Grub.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:33 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Slater punching Nightingale in the head when he couldn't throw a punch back. Grub.

    Standard all in brawl with everybody holding everybody after Nightingale got frustrated and started it.

    Can't see the issue here.

    It's not like Slater was free and could run around throwing coward punches like a Merrin or Jennings.

    Krump

    Posts : 2271
    Reputation : 335
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:50 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    You shouldn't have to be told, it's a fairly clear vibe that often get's overlooked, mainly due to tall poppy syndrome I suspect.

    Fairly obvious when 'incidents' that were never intended to intentionally hurt another player, such as those raised by Honeysett e.g. your legs flying out when you catch a high ball.......are overlooked left, right and centre for other players and then highlighted as grubbery when Slater does it.
    Jeez your a hypocrite. Say that other people have a state based bias....
    Even Slater himself laughs at the "not his go" comments when there isn't a camera around.

    Krump

    Posts : 2271
    Reputation : 335
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 7 Match Thread

    Post by Krump on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:51 am

    Who did Tate belt while he was pinned on the ground?

      Current date/time is Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:53 pm