NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NFL 2017

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:55 am

    Cutler is a bottom 3 QB in the league, all the physical tools but is as dull as dishwater and has an appealing attitude I fucking hate him, nothing used to make me happier than Merriman lighting his ass up twice a year!

    In other news, Quincy E has gone down for the Jets...if they didn't already....do they now have the worst WR core in NFL history????
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 am

    @Welshy wrote:Cutler is a bottom 3 QB in the league, all the physical tools but is as dull as dishwater and has an appealing attitude I fucking hate him, nothing used to make me happier than Merriman lighting his ass up twice a year!

    In other news, Quincy E has gone down for the Jets...if they didn't already....do they now have the worst WR core in NFL history????

    I love Cutler. He was great in Denver, unappreciated. Look back at his performance now and consider we replaced him with the Kyle Orton experience, he was a massive loss. Would still have top 5 arm strength, he's mobile enough, tough as nails and has the confidence/lack of fucks to make great throws. When Chicago lost Marshall they left him nobody to throw to. He's got some serious speed to play with now. I don't think he'll turn them into a legit contender but they wont get worse because of him. Nice little $10M payday for him though.

    The Jets were already historically bad, across the park, let alone at WR. Letting Mangold go is a stunningly bad move - he's in the HoF conversation and the perfect OLine piece to blood a new QB behind. The have no blocking game to run behind and no WRs to keep patrolling MLBs honest. They are a deadset lock for #1 pick. All they have going for them is good bookends on the DLine... But nothing in the middle and their best DBs are Claiborne and a rookie (although Adams is a great pick). Bears might race them for a bit but its not even close as to who the worst team is.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 pm

    @ryno_ @Random

    you around to jump into a mock lads?
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 am

    @Welshy wrote:@ryno_ @Random

    you around to jump into a mock lads?

    11:54 pm

    Well past my bedtime on a school night mate.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    11:54 pm

    Well past my bedtime on a school night mate.

    will catch you sometime tomorrow for a crack fella!
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:18 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    will catch you sometime tomorrow for a crack fella!

    My work should ease off towards the end of the week... Im already in an all time low of workload as it is - Friday should be basically free time at this point Laughing
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:59 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    My work should ease off towards the end of the week... Im already in an all time low of workload as it is - Friday should be basically free time at this point Laughing

    give me a shout if available today for some mocks mate

    In the keeper league......ARob R4 or Tyrell Williams R15/Rudolph R15? Probably easier to decide when keepers are set and player pool has been made available
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

    Anytime after lunch? What platform do you use?
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

    Good outing for the Denver 1's. Left the field after 7min up 10-0. 2s and 3s getting pasted now.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1034
    Reputation : 115
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by surmo13 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:34 pm

    hard to get too excited about pre-season, but the Ravens D spent their time threatening to be as good as advertised come the season proper, absolutely suffocated the Redskins
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:21 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:hard to get too excited about pre-season, but the Ravens D spent their time threatening to be as good as advertised come the season proper, absolutely suffocated the Redskins

    Tucker's leg is still money. 57yd without a drama.

    Apparently him and McManus both hit 70's in warmup.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1034
    Reputation : 115
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by surmo13 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Tucker's leg is still money. 57yd without a drama.

    Apparently him and McManus both hit 70's in warmup.

    been doing some 12 team ai mocks lately, ended up with Tucker at K in one which i ran through the footballguys 'rate my team' thing, and as i read down to the end i see 'We don't think Justin Tucker is starter quality in this league'..... i'msorrywhatnow?! had to double check to make sure wasn't another kicker called Justin Tucker hanging around the NFL, how on earth do you call yourself a fantasy expert and not identify Tucker as an every week starter in a 5-team league, let alone a 12-team one.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 am

    6 games for Zeke. Ouch
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1034
    Reputation : 115
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by surmo13 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:32 am

    time to update the "days since last Ravens season ending injury" board, Alex Lewis gone with a shoulder injury, and Tim White with a thumb(?!) injury.

    in the only bit of injury good news we've had this pre-season though, Flacco is cleared to return to practice, will skip the pre-season but take his place in the season opener.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    been doing some 12 team ai mocks lately, ended up with Tucker at K in one which i ran through the footballguys 'rate my team' thing, and as i read down to the end i see 'We don't think Justin Tucker is starter quality in this league'..... i'msorrywhatnow?! had to double check to make sure wasn't another kicker called Justin Tucker hanging around the NFL, how on earth do you call yourself a fantasy expert and not identify Tucker as an every week starter in a 5-team league, let alone a 12-team one.

    Yeah, ive fallen off that site. I had the same drama with TEs, they said Eifert wasnt a starter quality TE in a 10 team league. Struggling to name 10 TEs ahead of him.

    @surmo13 wrote:in the only bit of injury good news we've had this pre-season though, Flacco is cleared to return to practice, will skip the pre-season but take his place in the season opener.

    That was probably their plan for him anyways. If we're all being honest, theres no reason for him to play a single snap before week 1, injury or not.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 am

    @Welshy wrote:6 games for Zeke. Ouch

    Open to trade offers?

    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 am

    2 big trades for the Bills on the weekend, like them both. Ditching a CB and WR, getting back starter-level players in the same positions to play along their high draft CB and WR and stockpiling picks.

    Theyll have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds next year, in what looks to be a deep class. If they time their rebuild with Brady's eventual retirement, they could be a playoff team, finally.


    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:45 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Open to trade offers?


    Whilst it hurts this season, Zeke is probably the no.1 player to build a dynasty team around so no dice sorry mate
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1169
    Reputation : 209
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:21 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Whilst it hurts this season, Zeke is probably the no.1 player to build a dynasty team around so no dice sorry mate

    Worth a question.

    Hypothetically, if it wasnt a keeper league would you a) still draft in and in what round? b) trade if youd already drafted him? Fabiano reckons he's a 6th rounder now... surely hed be 4th at worst. He'll still play 10 games.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8730
    Reputation : 1337
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Worth a question.

    Hypothetically, if it wasnt a keeper league would you a) still draft in and in what round? b) trade if youd already drafted him? Fabiano reckons he's a 6th rounder now... surely hed be 4th at worst. He'll still play 10 games.

    You do have Howard and he would interest me, but I worry about C-Town and the constant battering he will receive and more than likely playing from behind most games doesn't help him

    end of third for me mate, his production over those last 10 games will be massive. I would try get MCFadden or Martin and ride them until then

      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 am