NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL 2017 - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by ryno_ Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Welshy wrote:
    @ryno_  you joining up this year fella?

If the sportal league doesnt go ahead - I'm in. As it is, 3 leagues is more then enough to keep me busy.

The top 3 RBs seems set in stone, its going to get interesting in the second tier of RBs were they go... McCoy, Gordon, Freeman, Howard, Murray, Ajayi could all feasibly go at RB4.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:51 pm

ryno_ wrote:

If the sportal league doesnt go ahead - I'm in. As it is, 3 leagues is more then enough to keep me busy.

The top 3 RBs seems set in stone, its going to get interesting in the second tier of RBs were they go... McCoy, Gordon, Freeman, Howard, Murray, Ajayi could all feasibly go at RB4.

sportal league should go ahead, the commish has returned and we're only missing 4, so he should be able to keep the ship running from there.

got a decision to make in that one, DJ, Julio, A-Rod & Reed seems like a easy set and forget Rounds 1-4 for me, but i keep seeing Martavis Bryant available to me in the last round and wondering if i should shake it up a bit.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:30 am

surmo13 wrote:

sportal league should go ahead, the commish has returned and we're only missing 4, so he should be able to keep the ship running from there.

got a decision to make in that one, DJ, Julio, A-Rod & Reed seems like a easy set and forget Rounds 1-4 for me, but i keep seeing Martavis Bryant available to me in the last round and wondering if i should shake it up a bit.

Only 1 person has declined their position in the league so far? I'm sure someone on here would love a crack at it...... @Mearcats or @tysonfrizellsbottombitch potentially?

I'd take Martavis over Reed mate and pick up a TE, Reed just can't be trusted to stay fit
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Whats the word on Zeke? 4 games?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 am

Welshy wrote:Whats the word on Zeke? 4 games?

2-3 seems more likely.

Its massive for him though - if he serves a suspension, 100% of his contract goes from guaranteed to provisional. So if he busts an ACL in his first game back and gets cut on medical grounds, he'll lose all remaining 3 years of salary instead of being paid out.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:32 am

ryno_ wrote:

2-3 seems more likely.

Its massive for him though - if he serves a suspension, 100% of his contract goes from guaranteed to provisional. So if he busts an ACL in his first game back and gets cut on medical grounds, he'll lose all remaining 3 years of salary instead of being paid out.
    wowsers! I mean it's deserved if found guilty but shiiit! My keeper team taken a hit already, what round drafted now? 4 games suspension end of 2nd? 2/3 suspension end of first?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:42 am

Welshy wrote:
    wowsers! I mean it's deserved if found guilty but shiiit! My keeper team taken a hit already, what round drafted now? 4 games suspension end of 2nd? 2/3 suspension end of first?

He'll still go in the first. 4 game suspension still leaves him with 12 games to play. It will affect Alfred Morris a lot more, he could drop 4 or 5 rounds.

Put it this way - more then happy to trade you Jordan Howard (ADP 14, middle of the second) for him straight up if he gets a month break.

The usual sports journos seem to think 2 games is most likely.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:08 am

I always wonder if one of the Ravens ran afoul of a witch doctor during the superbowl celebrations in NOLA, we have been beaten down with injuries ever since, Dixon now added to Pitta and Young as important players lost for the season before training camp is even done.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:50 am

surmo13 wrote:I always wonder if one of the Ravens ran afoul of a witch doctor during the superbowl celebrations in NOLA, we have been beaten down with injuries ever since, Dixon now added to Pitta and Young as important players lost for the season before training camp is even done.

B/R reporting Joe Flacco will miss 6 weeks with back injury.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:25 am

ryno_ wrote:

B/R reporting Joe Flacco will miss 6 weeks with back injury.

saw that this morning, should be good for season's start, just gotta hope its not one of those problems that lingers through the season, but knowing our luck at the moment, it will be.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am

surmo13 wrote:

saw that this morning, should be good for season's start, just gotta hope its not one of those problems that lingers through the season, but knowing our luck at the moment, it will be.

Is Mallett still your backup? That could get ugly....

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 am

ryno_ wrote:

Is Mallett still your backup? That could get ugly....

I believe so, to be fair, he wasn't terrible when Flacco did his ACL a couple years back, but there's no Lewis or Reed around to turn him into Trent Dilfer 2.0 if it comes to that.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 am

surmo13 wrote:

I believe so, to be fair, he wasn't terrible when Flacco did his ACL a couple years back, but there's no Lewis or Reed around to turn him into Trent Dilfer 2.0 if it comes to that.

Just looked at your schedule for the first 3 - Bengals, Browns, Jaguars.

I reckon theres at least 2 winnable games there even if Harbaugh was to take snaps himself.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:44 pm

aaaaand our starting center has handed in his retirement papers, not overly surprised, dudes a mathematical genius and that CTE study would've be very concerning for him... but damn, when it rains it pours...
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:24 am

surmo13 wrote:aaaaand our starting center has handed in his retirement papers, not overly surprised, dudes a mathematical genius and that CTE study would've be very concerning for him... but damn, when it rains it pours...

You'd have to be pretty ticked off that he didnt retire before the draft and give the team a chance to bring in a replacement. It wasn't a very strong OLine draft class, but still.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 am

ryno_ wrote:

You'd have to be pretty ticked off that he didnt retire before the draft and give the team a chance to bring in a replacement. It wasn't a very strong OLine draft class, but still.

it's entirely possible Urschel wasn't entertaining retirement at that point though, as i said above, the timing of his retirement not long after the findings of the CTE study is not lost on me, as statistically biased as the study was, i have no doubt it spooked him, he's a extremely smart man and has a lot riding on maintaining a healthy brain for life after football, he's even written before about his conflicted feelings over playing football despite the very real risks of repeated head trauma.

as for the Flacco situation, supposedly Kaepernick is on the radar, which makes sense given his connection with Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 am

surmo13 wrote:

it's entirely possible Urschel wasn't entertaining retirement at that point though, as i said above, the timing of his retirement not long after the findings of the CTE study is not lost on me, as statistically biased as the study was, i have no doubt it spooked him, he's a extremely smart man and has a lot riding on maintaining a healthy brain for life after football, he's even written before about his conflicted feelings over playing football despite the very real risks of repeated head trauma.

as for the Flacco situation, supposedly Kaepernick is on the radar, which makes sense given his connection with Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman

Kaep is a terrible backup though. He's a media distraction and locker room divider which is the exact opposite you want from a backup and his play style is so conflicting with the current paradigm of pocket passers.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Shit luck for you and your Ravens Surmo lad!

Mike Williamso starting camp on PUP but looks like he will be back for seasons start which is good news! Just seen malik McDowell may miss the entire season for the Seahawks, ATV accident! These kids never learn!
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:28 am

ATV rollover? Lucky to be alive, those things kill a surprising number of people each year.

Shane Ray is out for 8 weeks. Very disappointing, this was going to be his breakout year. Still could be.

Xavier Rhodes got paid - $70m is a lot for a player whose only been to 1 pro bowl - hope he buys Harrison Smith a massive steak dinner, he's the reason Rhodes can play aggressive.

Apparently Bortles had a shocker aswell. He's holding the rest of that team back.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 am

ryno_ wrote:ATV rollover? Lucky to be alive, those things kill a surprising number of people each year.

Shane Ray is out for 8 weeks. Very disappointing, this was going to be his breakout year. Still could be.

Xavier Rhodes got paid - $70m is a lot for a player whose only been to 1 pro bowl - hope he buys Harrison Smith a massive steak dinner, he's the reason Rhodes can play aggressive.

Apparently Bortles had a shocker aswell. He's holding the rest of that team back.

Not surprising given the size and power of some of them and with almost zero safety features, still dumb in the offseason right before camp for a rook who had a few question marks over his head game.

Hadn't seen the Ray news could affect without Ware to start the season! Seen both QBs stunk it up also but can expect that with such a ferocious defence, looks like that D is too good and stifling Sielmen and Lynch instead of bettering them.

Rhodes is quality but has a top quality front 7 who out a lot of pressure on the QB which also helps on top on HS.

I can't wait to see a full off-season and season of Bosa/Ingram and a healthy Verrett with Hayward. If we stay injury free we are taking back the West

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm