NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NFL 2016

    Share
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 6915
    Reputation : 838
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Welshy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    i'm not denying that he a talented player, but i wonder whether being playing under Belichick vs. being on another team is the difference between him being a sure-fire hall of famer with 4 rings or a player on the level of , say, a Romo or Rivers.
    affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

    don't bring my guy into this mate!!! 

    Rivers has never had the talent around him since LT went and when AJ absolutely dismantled the team! How can anyone fire a coach after a 14-2 season is fucking lunacy! 

    would of beat the pats and gone on to win superbowl in 08 if it wasn't from an absolute brain fart from Mcree! still haunts me to this day that idiotic play! Rivers would of been talked about with the truely elite QBs then

    kid played on a torn ACL in that game aswell!

    Rant

    can see what you are saying about Brady though, think he would of been a superstar regardless, he has that aura
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 242
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:56 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    No, considering there hasn't been one single Patriots QB in the Belichick era to be successful outside the system, Cassel & Mallett being somewhat recent examples of players who were the next big thing until they left and were found out to be nothing more than serviceable back-ups.

    Oh dont get me wrong, im not referring to mallet or cassel (oh dear). I just meant given the lats are 3-0, and Grapejuice did look ok, whereas Briskett has hardly had to throw it much to see him anyway.

    I rate Brady though, think he's clearly earned his rep.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:

    i'm not denying that he a talented player, but i wonder whether being playing under Belichick vs. being on another team is the difference between him being a sure-fire hall of famer with 4 rings or a player on the level of , say, a Romo or Rivers.

    Agree, but more because of the cast Belicheck is able to get around his star players. He's constantly innovating and changing the game. Pretty much solely responsible for the resurgence of the tight end and is a master at getting the right role players in on both sides of the ball. Without him, Brady would still be a generational talent but he wouldnt have 4 rings.

    Lets not forget they are both disgraceful cheaters though. Their 4th ring will be forever *'d.

    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 pm

    How 'bout that Denver aerial attack?

    leaguegod

    Posts : 633
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by leaguegod on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:00 pm

    just somthing about us @ seattle that always brings out the worst, we are terrible all over the field today. on the plus side, i knew this was gonna happen so benched hyde and have jimmy graham in the flex

    Vikings D just carried an AP/teddy less vikings to a win in carolina, their D might be the NFL's most under rated unit ?

    Jags 0-3, i knew they would live up to their hype, most teams that have big FA hauls struggle
    Palmer with a terrible game, jsut proving the NFC is so wide open



    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 6915
    Reputation : 838
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Welshy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

    Great performance from Siemien against a very decent Bengals D, Chargers being the Chargers...again! So fucking frustrating! Another year of could/should of be 3-0 but starting poorly with no end in sight to these injuries either! Hard to be a fan
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:01 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Great performance from Siemien against a very decent Bengals D, Chargers being the Chargers...again! So fucking frustrating! Another year of could/should of be 3-0 but starting poorly with no end in sight to these injuries either! Hard to be a fan

    Surely (potentially) losing Flowers is worse then Teo? If he goes into concussion protocol, it could be a fortnight before he returns.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 6915
    Reputation : 838
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Welshy on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:26 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Surely (potentially) losing Flowers is worse then Teo? If he goes into concussion protocol, it could be a fortnight before he returns.
    Te'o is pretty medicore, getting better than though after all the injuries but can be covered by Brown who is doing very well and decent in coverage already! Flowers hurts, Mager will have some work to do now and Verret is always banged up, without a pass rush, they are all going to struggle regardless, need Bosa to produce right off the bat
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 242
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:42 am

    Anyone have any bold early season tilts at who they think will be hard to beat come January ?

    Will Atlanta fold and be 8-8 again ?
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:25 am

    @Revraiser wrote:Anyone have any bold early season tilts at who they think will be hard to beat come January  ?

    Will Atlanta fold and be 8-8 again ?  

    Apart from Denver you mean?

    Atlanta are specials for the division. I think Giants are good smokeys. If they catch fire, they can beat any team. Theyd be 3-0 if they didnt throw the 'skins game away with dumb play.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 6915
    Reputation : 838
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Welshy on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:23 am

    Watt gone for season?? Apparent back injury!! Time for Clowney to step up
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:39 am

    Huge loss for Houston. Completely stuffs their season.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 242
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:47 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Apart from Denver you mean?

    Atlanta are specials for the division. I think Giants are good smokeys. If they catch fire, they can beat any team. Theyd be 3-0 if they didnt throw the 'skins game away with dumb play.

    Are you comfortable with the Trev keeping the QB possie right through the year  ?
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 242
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:54 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:just somthing about us @ seattle that always brings out the worst, we are terrible all over the field today. on the plus side, i knew this was gonna happen so benched hyde and have jimmy graham in the flex

    Vikings D just carried an AP/teddy less vikings to a win in carolina, their D might be the NFL's most under rated unit ?

    Jags 0-3, i knew they would live up to their hype, most teams that have big FA hauls struggle
    Palmer with a terrible game, jsut proving the NFC is so wide open


    Yeah the Vikings started to make people take notice last year, but continuing it on this year. I personally was really looking forward to Bridgewater but that's on the back burner now.
    And i fell for the Jags. Last year made it look like they would go well this year.
    Even the Raiders, it is to early to write them off but they looked like a team that would make a leap this year. Still can.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Are you comfortable with the Trev keeping the QB possie right through the year  ?

    If he keeps playing like he has so far, sure. Even weeks 1 & 2 he was alright, obviously week 3 he balled out. His release time and pocket presence is pretty good for a first year starter.

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Yeah the Vikings started to make people take notice last year, but continuing it on this year. I personally was really looking forward to Bridgewater but that's on the back burner now.
    And i fell for the Jags. Last year made it look like they would go well this year.
    Even the Raiders, it is to early to write them off but they looked like a team that would make a leap this year. Still can.

    Not too late for the Jags either. Put a line through Houston without JJ, they are only 1 game back from the Colts.


    leaguegod

    Posts : 633
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by leaguegod on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:31 pm

    Far out, you see a guy like Newton cop helmet to helmet several times with no flags and we get called for tart doing that?? What a horse shit call, should be up 14-0 with the ball but soft call leads to a score
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:22 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:Far out, you see a guy like Newton cop helmet to helmet several times with no flags and we get called for tart doing that?? What a horse shit call, should be up 14-0 with the ball but soft call leads to a score

    Worse calls in the Redskins/Browns game....

    Browns had a fumble that they recovered called against them, despite Browns having clear possession of the ball and Norman got flagged for "shooting a bow and arrow". Please.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:24 pm

    @Welshy

    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-chargers-are-unprecedented-late-game-failures/

    leaguegod

    Posts : 633
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:37 pm

    agreed, terrible call


    still annoyed at ours, absolutely changed the game


    not that it matters, losing bowman for the year means we could very well be lucky to win another game


    Gabbert under throwing smith for what should have been 6 (instead it was an intercept) was also infuriating



    how nuts did julio go ?? unbelievable
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 701
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NFL 2016

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:58 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:agreed, terrible call


    still annoyed at ours, absolutely changed the game


    not that it matters, losing bowman for the year means we could very well be lucky to win another game


    Gabbert under throwing smith for what should have been 6 (instead it was an intercept) was also infuriating



    how nuts did julio go ?? unbelievable

    You're telling me - im up against him this week in sportal fantasy. 99.20 (+Walsh) v 99.12 (+Rudolph).

    I saw the news Bowman did his knee - how did he do it? I was floating in and out of the game but didn't see a big sickening hit or anything. Not like that Raider player who crunched his ankle in pieces. Ouch.

    Gabbert looked like he was throwing really well that game - apart from that underthrown ball obviously. But a few of his throws had really nice touch on them.

      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 am