NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Share
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Simon Templar on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:41 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Don't drink trade though.

    You think you've got Jayden Nikorima in your team,. But wake up in the cold light of day and you find out its actually Christian Welch. Seemed like a good idea at the time

    Haha.

    Drinking is always more fun while you are doing it compared to the aftermath/repercussions the next morning, so why would drink trading be any different Milchy? Wink

    lukeaye

    Posts : 381
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2016-02-02

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by lukeaye on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 pm

    Anyone doing afl this year? Need to find a community
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4705
    Reputation : 690
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by White Lightning on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:58 pm

    Well this makes senses re Macca being given less minutes. K-Nik is off contract this year.
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2412
    Reputation : 392
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Krump on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:03 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Don't drink trade though.

    You think you've got Jayden Nikorima in your team,. But wake up in the cold light of day and you find out its actually Christian Welch. Seemed like a good idea at the time
    Say what? This didn't actually happen did it?
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9078
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:06 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Say what? This didn't actually happen did it?

    not traded in but Welch did end up in my team for some apparent reason....
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4110
    Reputation : 871
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Archer on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:14 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    not traded in but Welch did end up in my team for some apparent reason....
    Read the c as an s perhaps? Otherwise I'd just put it down as following the national form, imagine losing to England... Rubbish. pirat Wink

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:15 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:Are people not the slightest bit concerned that Koroisau/Brown/Buhrer come in and potentially take his minutes? Not all games are going to be back and forth like the Monday night game.

    Potentially regretfully I've gone for getting RTS and Norman into my side. I reserved it and looked what I could do to add in Parcell but I much prefer seeing Teddy and RTS in my backline together.

    I started with Parcell and I'm nervous about him going forward, especially now that everyone's jumping on board and he's in the spotlight.

    Koroisau's no chump and I can't see him playing reserve grade for long. Manly's forward pack is stacked, so Brown and Buhrer will be free to take minutes from Parcell, especially after this weekend with Taupau/BLaw back.

    As soon as Manly hits another bad run (losing to the Roosters this weekend would qualify), then I expect another shake-up and Parcell could easily go back to 40 mins/29 points a game.

    If I didn't already have Parcy, I'd be more concerned with how I'm going to get Tolman, Fensom and RTS in the coming weeks. Not trading a cow or worse, a keeper, for another cow. That's probably why TMM and previously, Cody Walker (hear the silence?) are nowhere near my radar. Last week's scores were last week..
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9078
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:19 pm

    @Archer wrote:
    Read the c as an s perhaps? Otherwise I'd just put it down as following the national form, imagine losing to England... Rubbish. pirat Wink

    haha Flip Off

    If I wanted a bit of Welsh in my team I would of just started with the beast Tyson Frizell
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5297
    Reputation : 1548
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Milchcow on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 pm

    @lukeaye wrote:Anyone doing afl this year? Need to find a community

    I don't play myself, but m0nty who runs fanleague also does fanfooty which has an active forum
    avatar
    m0nty (FanLeague)

    Posts : 575
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by m0nty (FanLeague) on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:39 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    I don't play myself, but m0nty who runs fanleague also does fanfooty which has an active forum

    Yep, 10,000 members and more friendly than BigFooty.

    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:56 pm

    What is Sam Mataoras job security like? Anyone to return?

    Or just bite the bullet and bring in JDB, Mau, Lolo
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:03 pm

    Arghhh okay bear with me? Is it best to forego Parcell this week and perhaps the future and for some reason hope he reverts back to 30s and keep Niko for the time being. And bring in Mau and Gordon for LAM and Mann instead?


    Could go Parcell and Mau this week but then i would havnt the cash to go Ferguson or Mann to Gordon without a downgrade and i wants him bad Razz
    avatar
    Pacey's Best

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016
    Posts : 1514
    Reputation : 878
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Pacey's Best on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:What is Sam Mataoras job security like? Anyone to return?

    Or just bite the bullet and bring in JDB, Mau, Lolo

    I was also thinking about bringing in Mataora but what happens when Kade Snowden returns. He was dropped after round 1 yet the NRL.com casualty ward lists him as "various round 5".

    Knights: Tariq Sims (suspension, Round 6), James McManus (concussion, season), Chanel Mata'utia (knee, Round Cool, David Bhana (ankle, Round 10), Akuila Uata (chest, Round 5), Jake Mamo (ankle, Round 5), Daniel Saifiti (knee, indefinite), Jack Stockwell (shoulder, Round 5), Kade Snowden (various, Round 5)

    What the hell does that mean ???????????

    If and when Snowden returns, probably Snowden and Korbin Sims will be starting props after one game back and Mataora will go back to reduced minutes on the bench. I'm only guessing mind you, but it's giving me reason to pause.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9522
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by SI on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm

    So considering bringing in Mau or JTurbo this week. Leaning towards Mau with byes, but would be more comfortable if I could see him perform for a 3rd game. What has changed for his good scores this year? Same minutes, same position, same team. Is it purely because the Eels are playing some decent footy?
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3420
    Reputation : 957
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by No Worries on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:46 pm

    @Pacey's Best wrote:

    I was also thinking about bringing in Mataora but what happens when Kade Snowden returns. He was dropped after round 1 yet the NRL.com casualty ward lists him as "various round 5".

    Knights: Tariq Sims (suspension, Round 6), James McManus (concussion, season), Chanel Mata'utia (knee, Round Cool, David Bhana (ankle, Round 10), Akuila Uata (chest, Round 5), Jake Mamo (ankle, Round 5), Daniel Saifiti (knee, indefinite), Jack Stockwell (shoulder, Round 5), Kade Snowden (various, Round 5)

    What the hell does that mean ???????????

    If and when Snowden returns, probably Snowden and Korbin Sims will be starting props after one game back and Mataora will go back to reduced minutes on the bench. I'm only guessing mind you, but it's giving me reason to pause.

    As a Tigers fan I can explain this. The difference between the haves and the have nots is money that goes to back of house. You get what you pay for, rehab could take 5-8 weeks
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9078
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

    Mau will have to be a gut pick that he can sustain his brilliant starting form

    his 2014 season avg was 40.6
    his 2015 season avg was 41.2

    a perhaps unfair comparison as Mau is a far better fantasy prospect than Hoffman but Hoffman started last year with a 61, 50 & 55 he ended up averaging 34 for the season

    Mau scored a 30, 68 and 51 in his first 3 games last year, don't get me wrong he looks the absolute goods in his 2 games this year but for me his 2 years prior averages so similar is more likely an indication of where he is, people expecting Mau to average 50 are expecting a 10 point increase which is tough to do when the average is already pretty high and he has played 80mins a game nearly all his career

    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 3086
    Reputation : 497
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Arghhh okay bear with me? Is it best to forego Parcell this week and perhaps the future and for some reason hope he reverts back to 30s and keep Niko for the time being. And bring in Mau and Gordon for LAM and Mann instead?


    Could go Parcell and Mau this week but then i would havnt the cash to go Ferguson or Mann to Gordon without a downgrade and i wants him bad Razz

    Dont take the fun out of it LB, you can't know the future. Pull the pin and do it ! Haha

    Why so keen on gordon ?


    Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9522
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by SI on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:04 pm

    @Welshy wrote:Mau will have to be a gut pick that he can sustain his brilliant starting form

    his 2014 season avg was 40.6
    his 2015 season avg was 41.2

    a perhaps unfair comparison as Mau is a far better fantasy prospect than Hoffman but Hoffman started last year with a 61, 50 & 55 he ended up averaging 34 for the season

    Mau scored a 30, 68 and 51 in his first 3 games last year, don't get me wrong he looks the absolute goods in his 2 games this year but for me his 2 years prior averages so similar is more likely an indication of where he is, people expecting Mau to average 50 are expecting a 10 point increase which is tough to do when the average is already pretty high and he has played 80mins a game nearly all his career


    My concerns exactly and the Hoffman comparison is on point. Only saving grace for Mau is he does seem to be a 50 plus point a game player and so it's possible he is living up to his Fantasy potential now. However, didn't realise the start he had last year was that good as well and then faded. I do have JTurbo in at the moment but really wanted to start looking at bye players. Thanks Welshy, good post.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 3086
    Reputation : 497
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 pm

    And no significant change to his minutes across the three years ? Mau
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9078
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 18

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:11 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:And no significant change to his minutes across the three years ?  Mau

    70 in 2014
    75 in 2015

      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:37 pm