NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Channel 9, piss poor coverage

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Channel 9, piss poor coverage - Page 2 Empty Re: Channel 9, piss poor coverage

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:24 am

Just goes to show we are all so different. I cannot fathom how anyone would like Vossy's commentary. It's mind numbing. His immature jokes are predictable and just 'landfill.
    I find i like bits and pieces from all over. Not as a caller, but i appreciate Fattys comments on how the game is unfolding. I like Rav's voice,but yes he may be on the way out. Lockyer just doesn't have it,no timing and to slow.
    Another season of Gould jibing Rav's will drive all away.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:40 am

Revraiser wrote:Just goes to show we are all so different. I cannot fathom how anyone would like Vossy's commentary. It's mind numbing. His immature jokes are predictable and just 'landfill.
    I find i like bits and pieces from all over. Not as a caller, but i appreciate Fattys comments on how the game is unfolding. I like Rav's voice,but yes he may be on the way out. Lockyer just doesn't have it,no timing and to slow.

Vossy irrates me a bit but as a pure caller I think he's the best of the current/ex Channel 9 crew. Needs to know when he's actually adding to the game and when he's just white noise though.

This whole "Fox gets all the games aswell" thing - does it continue through the finals and to the GF? I may never have to listen to Rabs confuse Jack Reed & Alex Glenn again.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:47 am

ryno_ wrote:

Vossy irrates me a bit but as a pure caller I think he's the best of the current/ex Channel 9 crew. Needs to know when he's actually adding to the game and when he's just white noise though.

This whole "Fox gets all the games aswell" thing - does it continue through the finals and to the GF? I may never have to listen to Rabs confuse Jack Reed & Alex Glenn again.

i think so, i think its only origin (and maybe the test ? ) that's not included
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:52 am

leaguegod wrote:

i think so, i think its only origin (and maybe the test ? ) that's not included

Thats good enough - I wont be able to hear commentary for Origin and probably wont watch the test anyways.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 am

Revraiser wrote:Just goes to show we are all so different. I cannot fathom how anyone would like Vossy's commentary. It's mind numbing. His immature jokes are predictable and just 'landfill.

Yep different strokes for different folks.

I personally like most of the Channel 9 commentators but just can't stand Rab's calls anymore - he is damaging his legacy.

Vossy is the best caller and has been ever since he was at Ch 9.

The 'experts' are much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned and I like Locky, Joey and particularly the Fat, as much as I like Gaz, Noddy and co.

Sadly, the only bloke I really can't stand at Ch 9 is the King.
    Disappointing given he is the best player I have seen but he really should give up the commentary and footy show appearances.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:05 am

leaguegod wrote:i think ennis will stick with fox post playing and do a pretty good job

hate NQ games on fox, belcher and walters with tate on the sideline. i don't mind belcher but he is better off not being the play by play guy. he and brandy are the only fox experts i generally like to listen.

Walters, gaz, anasta, tate etc are all worse then freddy, joey, locky and finch for mine

fox also throws in a game a week called by matt russell, argh.

i don't mind triple M's call when Ginane is calling with guys like girds or gordie, i do often mute the TV and turn them on

I do the same look forward to the Monday night radio coverage. Ginane, Sterlo and Girds is great to listen too!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:10 am

It still pisses me off last year when Rabs and Joey talked about how Brett and Josh Morris looked alike... For fucking 15 minutes.. Yes they're twins how radical is that now lets move along
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 am

I think we can all agree

Everyone > Noddy.

He's fucking hopeless.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:36 am

Honeysett wrote:I think we can all agree

Everyone > Noddy.

He's fucking hopeless.

He's horocious.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 am

Is that a combination of horrendous and atrocious ?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:24 am

Your Name wrote:Is that a combination of horrendous and atrocious ?

Kimmorleyisms
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Your Name wrote:Is that a combination of horrendous and atrocious ?

As Honeysett said, last year on the Easter weekend games Kimmorley made some absolute pearler stuff ups. One of them was when he said horocious instead of horrendous or atrocious.

The other one that weekend was "Stampled". He was talking about a centre getting run over by a second rower (can't remember who) and was trying to say stomped on and trampled over at the same time.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 pm

SI wrote:

As Honeysett said, last year on the Easter weekend games Kimmorley made some absolute pearler stuff ups.  One of them was when he said horocious instead of horrendous or atrocious.

The other one that weekend was "Stampled".  He was talking about a centre getting run over by a second rower (can't remember who) and was trying to say stomped on and trampled over at the same time.
    Here I was giving him credit for intentionally inventing those words.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:28 pm

I remember stampled - that was gold
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:

As Honeysett said, last year on the Easter weekend games Kimmorley made some absolute pearler stuff ups.  One of them was when he said horocious instead of horrendous or atrocious.

The other one that weekend was "Stampled".  He was talking about a centre getting run over by a second rower (can't remember who) and was trying to say stomped on and trampled over at the same time.
    Here I was giving him credit for intentionally inventing those words.

He is a very smart bloke...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Yep different strokes for different folks.

I personally like most of the Channel 9 commentators but just can't stand Rab's calls anymore - he is damaging his legacy.

Vossy is the best caller and has been ever since he was at Ch 9.

The 'experts' are much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned and I like Locky, Joey and particularly the Fat, as much as I like Gaz, Noddy and co.

Sadly, the only bloke I really can't stand at Ch 9 is the King.
    Disappointing given he is the best player I have seen but he really should give up the commentary and footy show appearances.

Agree about Lewis, terrible. Maybe no one has it in them to tell him haha...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:50 pm

SI wrote:

He is a very smart bloke...
    Maybe Milchcow can confirm or deny that you are actually Brett Kimmorley. I have had my suspicions for a while now Laughing
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Agree about Lewis,  terrible. Maybe no one has it in them to tell him haha...

Maybe they did once and he had a stroke...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Bren wrote:
    Maybe Milchcow can confirm or deny that you are actually Brett Kimmorley. I have had my suspicions for a while now Laughing

I have never seen both SI and Kimmorely in the same room at the same time

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:05 pm

I hear this weather girl makes mistakes all the time, nobody seems to mind though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3349406/World-s-hottest-weathergirl-Yanet-Garcia-compared-Kim-Kardashian-risks-upsetting-TV-bosses-raciest-outfit-yet.html

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 pm