NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

leaguegod

Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by leaguegod on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:24 pm

i've purposely tried not commenting here or on social media about it because my bias probably makes me a bit blinded but i do think we got stitched up hard by the tele, we were dumb to give them a chance but they waited there for a shot and 60 seconds of adam elliot being nude = 5 days on being on the front page (FFS surely there is more important things to be consuming our front pages)

2 days before that they're running articles about nudies runs or promoting trent merrin's nudity or sending out tweets asking the public for mad monday pics but suddenly we're outraged, fuck me

250k is a fine that should be handed out for cheating not for a player getting his cock out among other players singing a song

i know its not a good look but greenburg bending over the news and being the ultimate reactor is just as bad a look imo

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:09 pm

@No Worries wrote:It's actually more of a reflection on the club and the senior leadership team.

The family men were home with their family, they weren't there, but they should be advising these guys on how to prep a mad monday. The club should be making sure they are out of sight not in a public place. Every leagues club has an auditorium with a bar or a suburban home ground they can lock out. Then as night falls, bus them to a boat and get them out on the water away from prying eyes with strippers and hookers and plenty of blow. Home for a shower may be a couple of hours rest, then back into it. It's now Tuesday and the story has passed.

Or at leat that's what I think would be a good idea.

Good idea in theory but next thing you know a loose cannon is trying to light a kid in a dolphin suit on fire before swimming to shore......or something like that

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/994528/league-star-criticised/

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 pm

@leaguegod wrote:i've purposely tried not commenting here or on social media about it because my bias probably makes me a bit blinded but i do think we got stitched up hard by the tele, we were dumb to give them a chance but they waited there for a shot and 60 seconds of adam elliot being nude = 5 days on being on the front page (FFS surely there is more important things to be consuming our front pages)

2 days before that they're running articles about nudies runs or promoting trent merrin's nudity or sending out tweets asking the public for mad monday pics but suddenly we're outraged, fuck me

250k is a fine that should be handed out for cheating not for a player getting his cock out among other players singing a song

i know its not a good look but greenburg bending over the news and being the ultimate reactor is just as bad a look imo

I've said it before and I'll say it again, who has brought the game into disrepute here?

The players and club who thought they were out of the spotlight or the media that has turned something which would have been unlucky to offend a couple of passer's by with good eyesight, into a deadset circus.

if Greenberg had any testicular fortitude he would have stepped up and addressed the real offenders here.

Once again my solution is to hand out media licences.
    If they want to publish this rubbish, the NRL can't stop them but subsequently with my licence system, they wouldn't be getting access to the areas and information that journalists who haven't brought the game into disrepute would then get.
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

Doing it at a pub in daylight, I mean - what deadset idiot thinks they are out of the spotlight or the media eye?? Why do it at a pub??

Im all for mad monday shennanigans but far out - rent a house down the coast and do it. Its dumb as fuck. They didnt bring the game into disrepute IMO, they just make themselves look like absolute morons and they reinforce the bonehead league player stereotype. There is potential to lose sponsors when shit like this happens, so yes it does have a bad reflection on the club. So say the media are the real offenders - is saying that the public are the real offenders, as we are the ones reading the stories and apparently we are the ones that cant get enough of league scandals. If we dont buy it, they dont sell it.

250k fine is way over the top - considering the winners of the minor premiership only win 100k. Greenberg is the king of over reacting and bending to the media. The absolute undisputed king of it.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:01 am