NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 12 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:30 pm

leaguegod wrote:

Bulldogs total tries halves to date:
    0: 11
    1: 8
    2: 8
    3: 4
    4: 1
    5+: 0

Middleton came up with a similar stat = points scored 1st half

Not accurate but you get the drift, with the 10 being against the Knights
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:44 am

With 8 games left and finals unlikely, the Bulldogs need to score 122 more points to match Hazam El Masri's 2004 season total of 342 points.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:22 pm

122 in 8 is only 15.25 points a game, should be easy before realizing that actually 1.5 per game more then we have scored so far!

heading to the belmore game, surely a game against one of the few (only?) teams we have more talent then at belmore when they are making the day about fare welling jrey results in a day us fans can actually enjoy ? lol probs not.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:42 am

we found new ways not to score that first half, knights actually let us cut them open multiple times, we probably should have had 4-5 tries before half time but just kept fucking it up with taking the wrong decision or dropping the ball over the line or throwing it to the touchie. just retarded stuff that left the knights in the game and then when they got on top for that 20min period they actually did capitalize.

it was another awful performance really, but it was an enjoyable day on the hill, great weather, one of those days where stealing the win regardless of how shit we are just made the moment that much better.

i get the feeling the last 2 months will be full of losses, i'll be a bit surprised if we win more then 1 so despite how bad we were, had to just forget that and enjoy breaking the poor knights fans hearts

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 pm

So why did they resign Des when all the talk back then was to get rid of him??
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:30 pm

To trick Woods and Foran into thinking the club had a stable future?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Pieman wrote:To trick Woods and Foran into thinking the club had a stable future?
    So they tricked two new players into a boring game plan. They both offer plenty there.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:19 pm

leaguegod wrote:we found new ways not to score that first half, knights actually let us cut them open multiple times, we probably should have had 4-5 tries before half time but just kept fucking it up with taking the wrong decision or dropping the ball over the line or throwing it to the touchie. just retarded stuff that left the knights in the game and then when they got on top for that 20min period they actually did capitalize.

it was another awful performance really, but it was an enjoyable day on the hill, great weather, one of those days where stealing the win regardless of how shit we are just made the moment that much better.

i get the feeling the last 2 months will be full of losses, i'll be a bit surprised if we win more then 1 so despite how bad we were, had to just forget that and enjoy breaking the poor knights fans hearts

The cheers when the first train went past and honked sounded tremendous on the broadcast. One of my bucket lists is to be able to say I've seen a game at every ground.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

code delta wrote:
    So they tricked two new players into a boring game plan. They both offer plenty there.

"So before I sign I would like to know who the coach will be next year"

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Cya Dez

I reckon they pulled a swifty with this. Told woods and foran that dez would be the coach, put out a false announcement saying they signed him for 2 more years to lock the new stars in.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Pieman wrote:Cya Dez

Where am "I" going? tongue
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm

dasherhalo wrote:
    Where am "I" going? tongue

To grief counselling along with Surmo?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:59 am

glad he is gone, not because i feel any resentment to him but because we need a change, he gave us a few quality years of service that had us contending for titles but we jsut fell short. his gameplan was stale at the end and he was to stubborn change for over 24 months. change was needed.

the players still played for des, his gameplan for us just didn't work anymore, i feel he needs a change too and i am sure he finds success elsewhere

been a while since posting here, but losing graham is a sad moment for our club, i know he is ageing and has played over 350 first grade games but you just don't replace what he brings to a team. the club has made some huge salary cap errors and losing him will get the board voted out imo, regardless of whether they hire a bulldog guy (eg pay) as coach

looking back at the foran and woods deals, i have actually flipped and somewhat rather the woods signing now, his back half of the year was quality, i think he and klem will be a solid combination for years to come. i just don't get why we re-signed tolman before signing woods, it doesn't make sense

foran looks broken, i'm not sure he bounces back. i think we're in for a tough 2018 but hopefully we can atleast apply some changes that see some gradual improvement heading into 2019 when our cap situation is also a little cleaner
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am

Geez Foran looked stiff this year. His back and hammies look like they are frozen. You would hope he can recover but yeah if he doesnt it will be struggle.

I think you guys will have a pretty good 2018, I dont see why would wouldnt. As soon as they changed the game plan a bit and allowed the hooker to run and gave the outside backs some early ball they looked like a totally different team and won a few games.

Jackson, Klemmer, Woods (and Tolman) all in the same side.. thats a fucking good pack regardless of who else starts. You would think that the halves will be Mbye and Foran, with foran the organiser and Mbye to play more instinctive running footy.

If Leichaa is gone, do they play Woolford? He is a goal kicker too isnt he?
    Frawley is a good backup half IMO. Might become even better with another pre season under his belt.

I would tip the dogs to make the 8 next year.

Dip

Post by Dip Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 am

Hard to not see the Dogs making the top 8 with the team they have on paper to be honest. In addition to the players Pieman indicates, through the Morris Boys and Hoppa in the outside backs, and they've got a lot of rep players in that team.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 am

woolford isn't ready for first grade, lichaa is likely gone

our pack will still be good, all our good young players are generally forwards too and a few of them are ready for bigger minutes

its the 1-7 & 9 that are issues

outside of montoya, we havn't had a young player play good footy there in ages, he looks like a good winger to have but otherwise there are still issues

hoppa is solid, he would be an ok option if we have creativity elsewhere in the team, but we don't

Morris boys, if they stay are kinda like hoppa, still do solid jobs but arn't likely to create opportunities for themselves these days

Foran looked cooked, i'm not going in with high hopes of him suddenly turning back into the manly version

Mbye is a good player but still has a fair few limitations, whether he plays 1,6 or 9. he will do an ok job but if we ask him to run the team at 7, we are probably doomed

Brenko lee is dumber then the dumbest version of ben roberts

some of us not scoring is des's stale game plan but alot of it is not having creative players in key positions. you need to be full of them but you need to have some, our 1-7 & 9 is built on solid ball runners and defense, its not enough.

the points we scored in the last 3 weeks also had alot to do with how bad manly, saints and titans were playing imo, the fact 2 of those were competing for top 8 spot highlighted how bad the comp was this year imo
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Dogs are a lock for Top 8 next year, especially if Pay gets the gig and Foran improves hi health and can stay on the park. They'll nudge Top 4.

They might not have what appears to be a Top 4 side on paper but the traditionally are a Top 4 contending club and though I hate them as much as any side, I can see them bouncing back now Des is gone and really competing.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 am

For mine I don't see Foran improving. I'm going to rake old muck, but where there's smoke .... You know when a player or team has had a couple of weeks of uncharacteristic performances then a story blows in the media. You look back and think to yourself, few sleepless nights there, they knew what was coming just not when. Everyone else has left the game, he did his stint but the story is still out there and he knows it.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 am

tbh i'm not to worried about that type of stuff with foz heading forward

i'm more concerned that his body is breaking down, shoulder, back, hammy, its always something. its best train imo is playing direct at the line and not being afraid to take the hit when doing so, his body won't handle that going forward
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm

leaguegod wrote:tbh i'm not to worried about that type of stuff with foz heading forward

i'm more concerned that his body is breaking down, shoulder, back, hammy, its always something. its best train imo is playing direct at the line and not being afraid to take the hit when doing so, his body won't handle that going forward

I feel deadset dirty admitting this but I'm with No Worries on this one.

I don't buy Foran's issues being physical and from my armchair feel that they are predominantly mental.

If I was a Bulldogs fan, I'd be optimistic but at the same time I'd also be concerned that;

a) he may not have sorted his shit out
    b) my club may not have sorted it's shit out, which would therefore obviously not be a good environment for getting Foran back on track

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 am