NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Share

    lukeaye

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2016-02-02

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by lukeaye on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:29 pm

    Far out thats not good news about garvey.

    Im not overly keen on Walker either. He may not do as well when the Rabbits are under pressure.

    Arey changes the entire dynamic of that team, him being out will most likely hurt everyone on that team DT scores wise then necessarily help them.


    Last edited by lukeaye on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2312
    Reputation : 261
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Spectre on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:29 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Nobody talking about Rochow?
    Made 42 base stats in an 80 minute performance
    3 tacklebreaks he made do not look to be a fluke
    Looked very involved, even saw him running in to catch a highball attacking kick at one point.


    Still affordable at 319k (only went up 14k after his 52 point performance, BE of 23- about to leave the station. Handy way to climb to a low 400k player and then upgrade to a proper gun if his output drops once Tariq is back.

    I've spoken plenty about him over the last few days. Most serious players already have him I think but I traded him out pretty much at the last second.
    Was contemplating getting him this week but I have to also deal with Lichaa plus I'd rather Carter as I feel there is more cash to be made there
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 142
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by SoylentGreen on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:34 pm

    Ok - going to hold Lichaa for the time being until the picture becomes clearer.

    Snowden to JTrbo
    Henry to Carter

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2312
    Reputation : 261
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Spectre on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:36 pm

    @SoylentGreen wrote:Ok - going to hold Lichaa for the time being until the picture becomes clearer.

    Snowden to JTrbo
    Henry to Carter

    Thoughts?

    No arguments from me.
    Does it leave enough in the kitty to upgrade Lichaa?
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 848
    Reputation : 239
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Pookus McFly on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

    jstands wrote:

    I've spoken plenty about him over the last few days. Most serious players already have him I think but I traded him out pretty much at the last second.
    Was contemplating getting him this week but I have to also deal with Lichaa plus I'd rather Carter as I feel there is more cash to be made there

    Yeah I only had room for the one middy in my 2nd row and I was tossing up between him and Whitehead, who I chose.
    I also have had to downgrade Lichaa, but I think I am leaning toward picking up Rochow rather than Carter. Price rises will not be as steep, but should definitely score more points
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 958
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Warriors on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

    jstands wrote:

    I've spoken plenty about him over the last few days. Most serious players already have him I think but I traded him out pretty much at the last second.
    Was contemplating getting him this week but I have to also deal with Lichaa plus I'd rather Carter as I feel there is more cash to be made there

    Personally would prefer Whitehead to Rochow if he continues to get 80, but Rochow did do well round 1. Situation regarding Lichaa will be more clear by tomorrow night and determine whether I get Garvey. Can't see Bulldogs making a play at King and hopefully goes to Penrith.

    lukeaye

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2016-02-02

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by lukeaye on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    Yeah I only had room for the one middy in my 2nd row and I was tossing up between him and Whitehead, who I chose.
    I also have had to downgrade Lichaa, but I think I am leaning toward picking up Rochow rather than Carter. Price rises will not be as steep, but should definitely score more points

    Rochow is a far better option than carter
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1110
    Reputation : 161
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by mulvy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 pm

    Can I wait one week on Carter to sort other problems, or do you miss the boat. Seems to me if you buy him this week he makes about 100k, if you leave it a week maybe 80k? Still worth it?
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 142
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by SoylentGreen on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 pm

    jstands wrote:

    No arguments from me.
    Does it leave enough in the kitty to upgrade Lichaa?

    Peats/Macca/Friend are the only upgrade options - 2 of them are trending up in price, macca trending down. If Macca has another couple quiet games, I could do a Lichaa>Macca trade without needing any more cash, but if he's only scoring low 40s I probably wouldn't want him anyway. Thinking it's more likely that if I need to ditch Lichaa i'll have to find another downgrade elsewhere - and given the injury toll last week I'm not counting on keeping my current line-up by any means.

    lukeaye

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2016-02-02

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by lukeaye on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 pm

    After Doing more research on last years stats for Carter Milchow raises a very good point, he is a massively inefficient defensive player, he get at least -15 points every week. Take away some of those attacking stacks which he may not get every week and he becomes at best a 30 point player. Think i will look elsewhere.
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 958
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Warriors on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:45 pm

    @lukeaye wrote:Far out thats not good news about garvey.

    Im not overly keen on Walker either. He may not do as well when the Rabbits are under pressure.

    Arey changes the entire dynamic of that team, him being out will most likely hurt everyone on that team DT scores was then necessarily help them.

    Walker will do well. Rabbitohs love to attack left side, everything will go through him, increased kick metres without Reynolds etc great running game whats not to love.
    Way safer that Garvey by the sounds of it.
    avatar
    Loomer

    Posts : 1071
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Loomer on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm

    @Warriors wrote:

    Walker will do well. Rabbitohs love to attack left side, everything will go through him, increased kick metres without Reynolds etc great running game whats not to love.
    Way safer that Garvey by the sounds of it.

    Definitely the way I'm leaning for Lichaa trade
    avatar
    Warriors

    Posts : 958
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-12-07

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Warriors on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 pm

    @lukeaye wrote:After Doing more research on last years stats for Carter Milchow raises a very good point, he is a massively inefficient defensive player, he get at least -15 points every week. Take away some of those attacking stacks which he may not get every week and he becomes at best a 30 point player. Think i will look elsewhere.

    I think he averages somewhere between 35-40 personally. He scored 56 points right, take away 10 points for his attacking stats - Try and LBA. He had three penalties (-6) and 5 missed tackles (-10) points so you are right about the -15 points every week. However, I bet as a player the fact he knows he will pretty much play 65-80 minutes I bet he doesn't rip in and try and make that massive impact of being a bench player. He made 37 tackles last week and 146 metres, those are some pretty good base stats. Now I would expect more likely say 35 tackles + 100 run metres so approximately 45 base points less the 15 negative points a week. So at a minimum I expect 30 points and this doesn't even take into account the fact that he can break the odd tackle and also get away the odd offload. 35 points a week for the next 6 weeks is a good score for someone who you have picked up for under $200k
    avatar
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 1801
    Reputation : 433
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:02 pm

    What was Cameron Kings scores like previously when he played 60mins + ?
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2051
    Reputation : 249
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:09 pm

    @Warriors wrote:

    Personally would prefer Whitehead to Rochow if he continues to get 80, but Rochow did do well round 1. Situation regarding Lichaa will be more clear by tomorrow night and determine whether I get Garvey. Can't see Bulldogs making a play at King and hopefully goes to Penrith.

    It'd be pretty pointless for the Dogs to go after King. Hire another player they have to pay and go through all the contract negotiations for a play who will play one month, maybe two or three in the top grade. They might as well have not bought Garvey at all if they did that. Just another fluff rumour methinks.
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1256
    Reputation : 354
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by bluetige on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 pm

    @Boozecluez wrote:What was Cameron Kings scores like previously when he played 60mins + ?

    With his injury record he probably has not stayed on the field for that long
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7982
    Reputation : 1181
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by SI on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:38 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Can I wait one week on Carter to sort other problems, or do you miss the boat. Seems to me if you buy him this week he makes about 100k, if you leave it a week maybe 80k? Still worth it?
    Yep, you can wait.  Will give you a chance to look at the Rabbits and Carter's output sans AReyn as well.  I would suggest bringing in at least 1 of the potential cows this week though.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7982
    Reputation : 1181
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by SI on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 pm

    @Boozecluez wrote:What was Cameron Kings scores like previously when he played 60mins + ?
    Like bluetige said, the bloke has a bad injury history.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4170
    Reputation : 1148
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:55 pm

    @Boozecluez wrote:What was Cameron Kings scores like previously when he played 60mins + ?

    He's never played 60 minutes before (at least, not in the same game)

    His average playing 40-60 minutes is an uninspiring low 20s
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1110
    Reputation : 161
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

    Post by mulvy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:56 pm

    @SI wrote:
    Yep, you can wait.  Will give you a chance to look at the Rabbits and Carter's output sans AReyn as well.  I would suggest bringing in at least 1 of the potential cows this week though.

    Thanks for that. I'm thinking of Bringing in Garvey for Lichaa and Inglis for Benry via Guth. So hard to know what to do with Lichaa's future uncertain. Am I close with the math on Carter?

    Other option is Lichaa -> Garvey and Leuluai -> Carter and keep the cash until I know more about Lichaa. Score will suffer in the meantime though.

      Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 pm