NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear that Dip, hope you're alright mate.

Same goes here though - you can always vent here and have a chat if you need to.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Honeysett wrote: Same goes here though - you can always vent here and have a chat if you need to.

This ^

I wouldn't be where I am today without the advice you have all given me. Thanks heaps!!
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks guys. Don’t feel the need to vent, but appreciate the thought.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am

Small (But big?) update...

Saw her last night, more cuddling etc which is cool. Basically asked her how does she see us and what is she looking for? After talking for a bit we agreed that we are going to keep going as we are for now, which I am fine with. I told her I'm not just looking for sex and that's it, just in case she assumed that's all I was interested in lol. Told her I'm looking for friendship/companionship, someone to be with and go on adventures with. Whatever happened in her past, she is still suffering from.

She said she is so heartbroken, but enjoys spending time with me, like I do with her. She wants to carry on how we are going while she sorts herself out, she mentioned she wants to be emotionally stable. She mentioned it's hard for her to completely move on because it was so hard for her and she feels inside a bubble with no direction right now in her life. During the conversation she mentioned that she doesn't want us to become closer on other levels, I'm assuming that's because she is scared of letting me into her life and crushing her heart again.

I told her I'm here if she ever wants to talk, hang out or anything and that I'd wait for her however long it takes, she said ok, smiled and seemed happy with that. After all that we just hugged and I held her.

So yeah, I guess the best thing I can do now is just be there to support her, keep reassuring her and keep doing what I'm doing? Or am I reading this wrong?

We are heading out in about 10 minutes Smile
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

You've hit the nail on the head Finch if you are happy with that outcome as well. Not to say you might both be looking for something different in 6-12 months (maybe you will and maybe you won't), but I say enjoy it and have a good time. You're both enjoying each other's company.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 am

And dress up next time you go dancing. There's a saying in golf that if you can't play golf, at least you can dress like a golfer. I think the same goes here.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Dip wrote:And dress up next time you go dancing. There's a saying in golf that if you can't play golf, at least you can dress like a golfer. I think the same goes here.

Thanks for the tip! At the very least I'll wear a shirt rather than a hoodie, obviously I had no idea last time.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Reading the last few pages after a couple of weeks away all I could think was don't walk away Finchy! Glad to see you stuck it out mate. I'd love to see Moose's crystal ball be accurate but even if it isn't it seems like you've already taken a lot from the relationship.
    A story like this just goes to show the community that has built here and what a bunch of legends inhabit the place.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 pm

My new favourite thread.

You'll never know who else this might help.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Pain wrote:My new favourite thread.

Is that code for "Hmmm, might ask wifey for a thumb up my arsehole next time".

More power to you if that's the case.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Finch wrote:Small (But big?) update...

Saw her last night, more cuddling etc which is cool. Basically asked her how does she see us and what is she looking for? After talking for a bit we agreed that we are going to keep going as we are for now, which I am fine with. I told her I'm not just looking for sex and that's it, just in case she assumed that's all I was interested in lol. Told her I'm looking for friendship/companionship, someone to be with and go on adventures with. Whatever happened in her past, she is still suffering from.

She said she is so heartbroken, but enjoys spending time with me, like I do with her. She wants to carry on how we are going while she sorts herself out, she mentioned she wants to be emotionally stable. She mentioned it's hard for her to completely move on because it was so hard for her and she feels inside a bubble with no direction right now in her life. During the conversation she mentioned that she doesn't want us to become closer on other levels, I'm assuming that's because she is scared of letting me into her life and crushing her heart again.

I told her I'm here if she ever wants to talk, hang out or anything and that I'd wait for her however long it takes, she said ok, smiled and seemed happy with that. After all that we just hugged and I held her.

So yeah, I guess the best thing I can do now is just be there to support her, keep reassuring her and keep doing what I'm doing? Or am I reading this wrong?

We are heading out in about 10 minutes Smile

I'm starting to feel a bit jelly, I'll take you back Finchy but there will be conditions this time.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Dip wrote:

Is that code for "Hmmm, might ask wifey for a thumb up my arsehole next time".

More power to you if that's the case.

A thumb?! Jesus. Start with a finger haha
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Pain wrote:My new favourite thread.

Yep, we have all been brought together by one common hobby, NRL Fantasy. Without the game, this forum wouldn't exist.

Whats cool is that we are from different parts of the world, different ages, with varying life experience, but at the end of the day we are all here to offer advice for serious and not so serious situations.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:32 pm

SI wrote:

I'm starting to feel a bit jelly, I'll take you back Finchy but there will be conditions this time.

Sorry SI, I'm sort of taken right now.

I do remember we both joined Sportal at nearly the same time so you do hold a small place in my heart and I will never forget that Razz
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Finch wrote:

Sorry SI, I'm sort of taken right now.

I do remember we both joined Sportal at nearly the same time so you do hold a small place in my heart and I will never forget that Razz
    You’re better off without him. The bloke would stand you up the second he thought he had a chance to meet Maubbs
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Krump wrote:Reading the last few pages after a couple of weeks away all I could think was don't walk away Finchy! Glad to see you stuck it out mate. I'd love to see Moose's crystal ball be accurate but even if it isn't it seems like you've already taken a lot from the relationship.
    A story like this just goes to show the community that has built here and what a bunch of legends inhabit the place.

Thanks Krump!

Thanks, I hope it all works out but right now I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and go above and beyond if needed, there isn't much else I can do. Just make her happy, and I think I'm doing that.

I think the majority of posters are missing out on posting here, either that or everyone else has a perfect life.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Krump wrote:
    You’re better off without him. The bloke would stand you up the second he thought he had a chance to meet Maubbs

It's ok. I'd leave him for Paul Vaughan anyway.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Krump wrote:I'd love to see Moose's crystal ball be accurate

What did I do? affraid
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Finch wrote:

Thanks Krump!

Thanks, I hope it all works out but right now I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and go above and beyond if needed, there isn't much else I can do. Just make her happy, and I think I'm doing that.

I think the majority of posters are missing out on posting here, either that or everyone else has a perfect life.
    Nobody has a perfect life. Honeysett May look like it but I bet he misses snorting lines of blow off the DD’s of hookers and random tinder matches.

Edit: there was a ripper post from you a few pages back moose
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Missis off on her hen to Budapest tomorrow

When she returns I'll be on countdown for round 2 in Benidorm for the stag!!

i hope to have some stories to give you much like the last

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am