NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Music Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

The Music Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post by Honeysett Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Nice work Rabs!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Fuck me, hairs on the back of my neck stood up during Fell On Black Days. But now there's a fucking tear with Head Down.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm

"Like A Stone"

On a cob web afternoon,
    In a room full of emptiness
    By a freeway I confess
    I was lost in the pages of a book full of death;
    Reading how we'll die alone.
    And if we're good we'll lay to rest,
    Anywhere we want to go

Sad
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Bones Of Birds

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 6:54 pm

First year anniversary of my dad's death on the 29th May. If you blokes don't mind I'd like to post an acoustic version of 'tears in heaven' for him. I intentionally didn't have it played at his funeral. I wanted to save it for later. He would like it better now. He always encouraged and loved me playing, writing shit songs, singing.....or anything really, sport, education, family anything... he nearly died when I was 9 in a car accident, was semi paralysed down his left side and lost an eye, stopped his footy, no more sport or manual work for him, but he never gave up and kicked on. He had to learn to talk, walk and do everything again, but he never gave up. He always drove me to get better at everything I could. Work, practice, teach, help. So I want to do this song for him here if you agree. if I get pushback and you don't want it, I'll abort, but I hope you might like it and dedicate it to your lost ones too. Yay or nay?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat May 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Rabbit wrote:First year anniversary of my dad's death on the 29th May. If you blokes don't mind I'd like to post an acoustic version of 'tears in heaven' for him. I intentionally didn't have it played at his funeral. I wanted to save it for later. He would like it better now. He always encouraged and loved me playing, writing shit songs, singing.....or anything really, sport, education, family anything... he nearly died when I was 9 in a car accident, was semi paralysed down his left side and lost an eye, stopped his footy, no more sport or manual work for him, but he never gave up and kicked on. He had to learn to talk, walk and do everything again, but he never gave up. He always drove me to get better at everything I could. Work, practice, teach, help. So I want to do this song for him here if you agree. if I get pushback and you don't want it, I'll abort, but I hope you might like it and dedicate it to your lost ones too. Yay or nay?

Yay

It would be an honour
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat May 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Rabbit wrote:First year anniversary of my dad's death on the 29th May. If you blokes don't mind I'd like to post an acoustic version of 'tears in heaven' for him. I intentionally didn't have it played at his funeral. I wanted to save it for later. He would like it better now. He always encouraged and loved me playing, writing shit songs, singing.....or anything really, sport, education, family anything... he nearly died when I was 9 in a car accident, was semi paralysed down his left side and lost an eye, stopped his footy, no more sport or manual work for him, but he never gave up and kicked on. He had to learn to talk, walk and do everything again, but he never gave up. He always drove me to get better at everything I could. Work, practice, teach, help. So I want to do this song for him here if you agree. if I get pushback and you don't want it, I'll abort, but I hope you might like it and dedicate it to your lost ones too. Yay or nay?
    Get it on here Rabs this isn't just a league community, cracking idea and will be well received, I look forward to hearing it
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Mate my dad passed nearly 7 years ago now. It gets easier. Put it up mate, sharing makes it easier..
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Anyone else have this thing with albums:

If I like an album on the first or second play I tend to not rate it after that. But when I hate, or at the least am disappointed with, an album on the first half dozen plays I tend to absolutely love it when it finally clicks with me?

A pertinent example is King Animal. Thought it was just okay when it came out, wasn't disappointed as such but maybe didn't listen to it enough times for it to click. Now every time I listen to it I love it more and hear new things in it. That has nothing to do with what happened to Cornell, I could have picked it up again a year ago and got to this point.

I've done this with so many albums over the years: TOOL-10000 Days, Machinehead-Imperium, GodSmack-IV...and the list could go on. Have come back to them a month or a year or even more down the track and they have just clicked Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat May 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Absolutely mate. Hope it helps ease the pain as well - all the best, Rabs.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat May 27, 2017 12:14 pm

SI wrote:Anyone else have this thing with albums:

If I like an album on the first or second play I tend to not rate it after that.  But when I hate, or at the least am disappointed with, an album on the first half dozen plays I tend to absolutely love it when it finally clicks with me?

A pertinent example is King Animal.  Thought it was just okay when it came out, wasn't disappointed as such but maybe didn't listen to it enough times for it to click.  Now every time I listen to it I love it more and hear new things in it.  That has nothing to do with what happened to Cornell, I could have picked it up again a year ago and got to this point.  

I've done this with so many albums over the years: TOOL-10000 Days, Machinehead-Imperium, GodSmack-IV...and the list could go on.  Have come back to them a month or a year or even more down the track and they have just clicked  Very Happy

"the brightest flame burns quickest"
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat May 27, 2017 6:30 pm

The wife got me a new record player today so needless to say I had to go out and do some shopping! Fortunately for me living in Victoria, there is an abundance of vintage/antique stores, music shops and general hipster bullshit places to delve into! Found myself a whole bunch of vinyls at 3 for $10! Like a kid in a candy store! 

All set up and a bit of Buddy Holly playing as we speak... Whiskey stones are cold, got a fresh bottle of single malt.. Gonna be a good night!

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

RIP dad, who died about this time, this day last year, 29th May,. This one's for you and anyone else who's lost someone. Cheers

https://youtu.be/Ahexxd5y0rI
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Rabbit wrote:RIP dad, who died about this time, this day last year, 29th May,. This one's for you and anyone else who's lost someone.  Cheers

https://youtu.be/Ahexxd5y0rI
    TOUCHDOWN!!!

The Music Thread - Page 13 Touchdown

Absolutely fantastic Rabbit. Well done Sir.

Bonus points for the dog in the background  Lol

Post by Guest Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 am

Lol. Just noticed Charlie photobombed me.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:34 am

Deftones-Adrenaline 

Haven't listened to this in at least 5 years I reckon  Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 am

R.I.P Glenn Campbell

"He's a well hung plough boy
    sneaking up on a horse
    .........."
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Been back listening to five finger death punch alot recently which also took me back to Trivium!

Fuck me I used to love their old stuff, but I'm REALLY enjoying their newer stuff as well! Such little recognition for Trivium, Heafy is a legend
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Welshy wrote:Been back listening to five finger death punch alot recently which also took me back to Trivium!

Fuck me I used to love their old stuff, but I'm REALLY enjoying their newer stuff as well! Such little recognition for Trivium, Heafy is a legend

Trivum - It's been a while, I'll be doing that tomorrow
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 pm

No Worries wrote:

Trivum - It's been a while, I'll be doing that tomorrow

I'm really enjoying their evolution, I'm normally a stick to what your good at type of music man, but Heafy is ultra versatile so his sound is good wherever!

From Pull Harder to The heart from your hate, loving it all

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 pm