NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The Music Thread

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7563
    Reputation : 878
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by SI on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:27 am

    Opeth-Ghost Reveries Very Happy
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4237
    Reputation : 964
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:51 am

    flasSId* wrote:Opeth-Ghost Reveries Very Happy

    Love Opeth, they're one of those bands I put on with headphones and just get shit done. There was one time I was taking the dog for a walk and was miles away and it went from a nice melody to the loudest scream you could imagine. I nearly shit myself.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 700
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:54 pm

    How are all our Hottest100 votes shaping up? Started with a shortlist of 61 this year.

    Montaigne - Because I Love You
    Kanye West - Famous
    Kendrick Lamar - Untitled 08
    Chance the Rapper - All Night
    Blink 182 - Bored to Death
    Amy Shark - Adore
    Childish Gambino - Redbone
    Last Shadow Puppets - Aviation
    Elk Road - Crave You (Like a Version)
    Violent Soho - How to Taste

    Luca Brasi - Anything Near Conviction got the last bullet from 11 to 10.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 am

    Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 509
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 am

    @ryno_ wrote:How are all our Hottest100 votes shaping up? Started with a shortlist of 61 this year.

    Montaigne - Because I Love You
    Kanye West - Famous
    Kendrick Lamar - Untitled 08
    Chance the Rapper - All Night
    Blink 182 - Bored to Death
    Amy Shark - Adore
    Childish Gambino - Redbone
    Last Shadow Puppets - Aviation
    Elk Road - Crave You (Like a Version)
    Violent Soho - How to Taste

    Luca Brasi - Anything Near Conviction got the last bullet from 11 to 10.

    Not my Triple J votes but my top 10 for the year goes something like

    Francis and the Lights - Friends
    Francis and the Lights - See Her Out
    Shapeshifter - Stars
    Shapeshifter - Her
    Illy - Papercuts
    Slumberjack - Open Fire
    Flume - Say it
    RUFUS - Like an Animal
    Castlecomer - Escapism
    TDCC - Bad Decisions

    Honorable mentions to Jack Garratt, LDRU, Kings of Leon, Grouplove, Naked and Famous, Miike Snow and Cash Cash.
    avatar
    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 8722
    Reputation : 1443
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by Bren on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 am

    @No Worries wrote:Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas

    I've been playing Michael Buble Christmas album Very Happy
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 509
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 am

    @Bren wrote:

    I've been playing Michael Buble Christmas album Very Happy

    In all honestly, listened (on youtube) to a 1hr loop of instrumental Christmas carols. Really enjoyed it, very relaxing!
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 700
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:05 pm

    @Bren wrote:

    I've been playing Michael Buble Christmas album :D

    Theres a remix of All I Want for Christmas with Welcome to the Black Parade lyrics. Snuck that into the mixtape of xmas songs mum asked for. Worth the text message she sent me haha

    @filthridden wrote:

    Not my Triple J votes but my top 10 for the year goes something like

    Francis and the Lights - Friends
    Francis and the Lights - See Her Out
    Shapeshifter - Stars
    Shapeshifter - Her
    Illy - Papercuts
    Slumberjack - Open Fire
    Flume - Say it
    RUFUS - Like an Animal
    Castlecomer - Escapism
    TDCC - Bad Decisions

    Honorable mentions to Jack Garratt, LDRU, Kings of Leon, Grouplove, Naked and Famous, Miike Snow and Cash Cash.

    Apart from Illy (I cant stand that entire album), a nice list.
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 2550
    Reputation : 509
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:00 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Theres a remix of All I Want for Christmas with Welcome to the Black Parade lyrics. Snuck that into the mixtape of xmas songs mum asked for. Worth the text message she sent me haha



    Apart from Illy (I cant stand that entire album), a nice list.

    Mate played it all the time when I was visiting him in Townsville.
    Heard it enough that it etched in my brain. I believe it's called Stockholm Syndrome Laughing

    Usually can't stand Aussie hip-hop as I find the bogan accent pretty cutting.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 700
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    Mate played it all the time when I was visiting him in Townsville.
    Heard it enough that it etched in my brain. I believe it's called Stockholm Syndrome :lol:

    Usually can't stand Aussie hip-hop as I find the bogan accent pretty cutting.

    I get what you mean about the accent - Seth Sentry and Hilltop are shockers for it. I still dig their music though.

    Have you heard Remi's album? Or Tkay?
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:07 pm

    2 tickets GNR Sat Sydney platinum standing $100 Pm me if interested. Less than cost
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7563
    Reputation : 878
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by SI on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 pm

    @No Worries wrote:2 tickets GNR Sat Sydney platinum standing $100 Pm me if interested. Less than cost

    Bargain! Not going or someone pull out?
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 pm

    @SI wrote:

    Bargain!  Not going or someone pull out?

    A mate won them on a radio contest and he can't go. So now I'm going Fri & Sat
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7563
    Reputation : 878
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by SI on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm

    That's rough mate!
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:34 am

    Just found out its not platinum, but diamond. $365 a ticket, front row stuff

    PS - They're gone now
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4237
    Reputation : 964
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:25 pm

    Might go see Opeth live this week. They played at the Sydney Opera house recently so should be a great show
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:40 pm



    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2580
    Reputation : 590
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:46 am



    Discuss
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes

    Posts : 2617
    Reputation : 349
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 pm

    Heard him play at Nightquarter a couple of weeks ago.. Meh.. Rose Tattoo opened and was better
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7563
    Reputation : 878
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Music Thread

    Post by SI on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 am

    @Honeysett wrote:Might go see Opeth live this week. They played at the Sydney Opera house recently so should be a great show

    Did you end up going mate?

      Current date/time is Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm