NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The TV Thread

Honeysett

Re: The TV Thread

Post by Honeysett on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    The deer was probably the most realistic thing in the episode.

Also - an army base within a days drive of several major communities, and not one of them have raided it for supplies yet?

Wasn't it a fair? The army were there presumably to keep people safe and it ended up being overrun. The food was for the fair.

There was some sort of military installation nearby - some of the walkers were carrying guns and in military outfits.
    Some of the walkers also had their hands tied.

Must have been some sort of imagines back story for the place, wonder if we'll ever hear/see it.

But its a couple years after the plague now isn't it. Always astounds me that none of these groups have made a concerted effort to clean up the walkers. Its just strange that they have so many lone walkers just wandering the countryside so close to what should be fairly secure communities.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm

I think you edited my comment instead of quoting it, mate.

--------------

There was some sort of military installation nearby - some of the walkers were carrying guns and in military outfits.
    Some of the walkers also had their hands tied.

Must have been some sort of imagines back story for the place, wonder if we'll ever hear/see it.

But its a couple years after the plague now isn't it. Always astounds me that none of these groups have made a concerted effort to clean up the walkers. Its just strange that they have so many lone walkers just wandering the countryside so close to what should be fairly secure communities.

------

My take on the military is that they could have rounded people up as it was turning and they felt that it was a safe place but it got overrun and that's why some are tied up (they were bit and therefore a risk) what I would love to see happen is Negan has known about these patrols and has eyes around watching them. Seeing who he can trust and who he can't. I would love for him to know that Rick has taken all these guns and giving him none of them.

All Out War is what they're building to and it's going to be a shit fest. People have to die to make it worthy of the build up, but I feel there's so many more twists and turns to come before the ultimate moment.
    Milchcow

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Honeysett wrote:I think you edited my comment instead of quoting it, mate.

Well that's what you get for making me a mod.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:46 pm

It was a fair area/ground. Ultimately overrun and hence army walkers with equipment to boot.
     It was hidden by plastic sheeting on the fences Milchcow !  Top level secrecy like that cannot be unearthed by just anyone, surely u know that mate
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Jokes above Milchcow.

All episode showed how much rick was enjoying just cruising around with his nookie fest. A short term escape.
    R u losing patience a little @Milchcow, with the show ?

I let alot go so i can enjoy it, like no mass culling.. u just have to think of the millions of people in the world/states and how many there would be.
    I cant see Negan getting a heads up on Ricks activities as that would take away from the upcoming fest.

Someone spoiler alert mine if its to saucy ! Please.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:55 pm

All up it seemed a really poorly conceived and executed episode. Made me wonder if they have jumped the shark.
    SI

Post by SI on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:54 pm

No Worries wrote:All up it seemed a really poorly conceived and executed episode. Made me wonder if they have jumped the shark.

Yeah, pretty disappointing after Eugene's episode last week, that tweaked my interest again.
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 pm

I think they are just dead keen on having a big confrontation as the season finale, and are just putting in some crap filler to bide time until they get there.

Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:34 am

At this point they can't have the big confrontation at the season finale as it would be rushed now. There's no many more pieces that need to fall into place. I think the season finale ends with all of the leaders gathering at either the Kingdom or Alexandria with a long pan out to show an army ready to fight.
    Archer

Post by Archer on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 am

The last kingdom season 2 starts this week, looking forward to it.
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am

SI wrote:

Yeah, pretty disappointing after Eugene's episode last week, that tweaked my interest again.

Walking Dead do this more then most shows, nowhere near aswell, but it seems like it was one of the episodes where theyve just made a budget decision to skimp out on everything (location, sets, effects) for a few episodes a season to go all out and max the credit cards on the finale.

Remember the fly in the lab episode of Breaking Bad? Or the half 2nd season of Thrones before the naval battle at Kings Landing? They managed to keep the story moving at least, TWD just seems to have sections of nothing happening with no purpose other then getting closer to the finale. But hey, its cheaper to have 50 extras and a CGI goat get flogged between make out sessions then it is to have a tank drive through a wall in _every_ episode.

Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

[quote="ryno_"]

Extras !?? I thought the Zombies in TWD were Qld locals ?

bounce
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Watching Logan solo and the cinema is empty ! Have i just admitted to much .. ??

Hehe, waiting for the wife.. on the way home from work.
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:Watching Logan solo and the cinema is empty  ! Have i just admitted to much .. ??

Hehe, waiting for the wife.. on the way home from work.

These days the only chances I get to watch movies are if I happen to have a day off work when the kids are at school/daycare, so I am used to watching movies by myself in empty theatres.

Nothing wrong with it.

Want to see Logan, but not sure I'll get the chance.

I might be off to see 9 new Peppa Pig episodes at the movies tomorrow though, which will be almost as good as Logan
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

These days the only chances I get to watch movies are if I happen to have a day off work when the kids are at school/daycare, so I am used to watching movies by myself in empty theatres.

Nothing wrong with it.

I might be off to see 9 new Peppa Pig episodes at the movies tomorrow though, which will be almost as good as Logan

by yourself in an empty theatre? :pp:
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Nothing wrong with it.

Power Rangers is released next Thursday. Stay tuned for my synopsis.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Logan was absolutely amazing. Got me right in the feels
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 pm

@milchcow
    @Honeysett
    @filthridden
    @No Worries

Brilliant movie, Logans movies pee all over the other X-men films with ease. Great action. Bit of heart. 2 hours + flew by.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

No kids yet for me, just a coastal home and a sydney job and different end times sometimes for the Mr and Cook of this couple.
    SI

Post by SI on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Finally got around to starting Fargo. Up to S1 E9, enjoying it but can't ever see it being in my Top 20.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 pm