NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The TV Thread

filthridden

Re: The TV Thread

Post by filthridden on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:23 am

flasSId* wrote:By the way, I loved it.  It's going to be probably the 1st season of a show that I have gone back and watched in quick succession to understand it.  

Westworld:
    So much detail that we all probably missed too.
    Would be keen to watch the whole thing again knowing what I know now and be able to look at it completely differently.

Picked two of the things that happened in the final ep but not how the whole thing ended up.

Agreed, best first series of a TV programme I've seen since GoT, possibly even better than.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:10 pm

westworld:
    So what r u to make of Bernard ? That he is was created to look like Arnold, and that delores killed the 'real' arnold ?
    Not happy about the story of delores and her human lover being told 30 years apart all along and we didnt know that. It has been shown as a running current story of thise two young guys on an adventure.

Despite the abive i am deadset loving it.
    Milchcow

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchcow on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:58 pm

hey guys try and keep info on current shows behind spoiler tags.

haven't watched the westworld finale yet so just edited your posts (trying not to read them at the same time, which was interesting)

Apologies if there wasn't anything actually spoilerish in the posts - as soon as I saw what it was about I just tried to edit it without reading further.

Personally Westworld has been quite enjoyable, a few things don't make sense to me so I'm going to watch the final to see if they are explained before commenting.
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:01 pm

@Revraiser wrote:
    westworld:
    So what r u to make of Bernard ? That he is was created to look like Arnold, and that delores killed the 'real' arnold ?
    Not happy about the story of delores and her human lover being told 30 years apart all along and we didnt know that. It has been shown as a running current story of thise two young guys on an adventure.

Despite the abive i am deadset loving it.

click:
    The William/MiB connection was picked up pretty early in the series by a lot of people - there are a lot of pointers to it if you follow closely and keep an eye out. I thought it was a good twist and would've been cool had I not known but was cool once you realised it and kept an eye out for further clues.

I predicted what would happen to Sir Ant as well but that was based on the Sean Bean/Ned Stark thing - biggest name actor only signed on for one series - I figured the same would be true of Sir Ant.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Westworld is funded and a Scientology production which is being used to indoctrenate new members. It will become more obvious in future series.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Ooh yeah sorry guy's... wasnt even thinking about spoilers. Given my inept 'has he gone mad' interpretation of the series i think my post would only throw people right off the plot anyway....
    Plus with filthy filths most recent post it has been more engrained as to why a spoiler tag is good ! (U cuntox)

jocolor lol!
    SI

Post by SI on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:04 am

TWD spoilers:
    So thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of eps.  I don't read the comics and so have had no idea how the Series would develop (I also only started 2 years ago).  

So, I am curious as to whether they have accelerated the Negan storyline or not?  I thought I read on here that maybe it would last a couple of full seasons (which it kind of has I guess.)
    SI

Post by SI on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:47 am

Have watched Banshee from start to finish over the last 6 months.

First season really got me in. Second and Third were good without being great to me. Fourth season was a great way to bow out. Really enjoyed it.
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:52 am

flasSId* wrote:Have watched Banshee from start to finish over the last 6 months.  

First season really got me in.  Second and Third were good without being great to me.  Fourth season was a great way to bow out.  Really enjoyed it.

Last season was great but hated how the last episode seemed to just quickly tie up all the loose ends in a hurry, seemed very rushed.

Awesome series though, first season was amazing.

Would you guess that the main actor is a kiwi? From my neck of the woods and used to work with my mate. Funny guy actually... well he was when he was like 19 haha.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 pm

flasSId* wrote:
    TWD spoilers:
    So thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of eps.  I don't read the comics and so have had no idea how the Series would develop (I also only started 2 years ago).  

So, I am curious as to whether they have accelerated the Negan storyline or not?  I thought I read on here that maybe it would last a couple of full seasons (which it kind of has I guess.)

Spoiler:

Negan will be around for another season or two for sure, you can see they are aligning a whole army against him in the background and it's going to be ... an all out war

The last episode also teased another fucked up group that are so far away in the comics, it's rather suprising.
    SI

Post by SI on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 pm

@filthridden wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:Have watched Banshee from start to finish over the last 6 months.  

First season really got me in.  Second and Third were good without being great to me.  Fourth season was a great way to bow out.  Really enjoyed it.

Last season was great but hated how the last episode seemed to just quickly tie up all the loose ends in a hurry, seemed very rushed.

Awesome series though, first season was amazing.

Would you guess that the main actor is a kiwi? From my neck of the woods and used to work with my mate. Funny guy actually... well he was when he was like 19 haha.

Didn't know he was a Kiwi! Agree the last ep was a little too neat. As you were waiting for the final scene, there were at least 6 or 7 times they could have stopped and it would have been a decent ending/wrap up. But then a new scene started, and a new one, and a new one.

First season was like a runaway train, 2nd and 3rd solid, 4th was pretty damned unpredictable.

SI

Post by SI on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm

@Honeysett wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:
    TWD spoilers:

Spoiler:

Negan will be around for another season or two for sure, you can see they are aligning a whole army against him in the background and it's going to be ... an all out war

The last episode also teased another fucked up group that are so far away in the comics, it's rather suprising.

Spoiler:
    Yep, starting to enjoy it after I remember saying last season to you Negan wasn't doing it for me so the longer they go the better now I reckon.
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm

More TWD comic spoilers

Spoiler:

Also worth mentioning that Negan survives the war with Rick and co, and becomes an ongoing character.
    I'm still not up to date with TWD though, still 3 episodes to go. Was hoping to finish over Xmas, but had too much other stuff on

filthridden

Post by filthridden on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Don't know if it was one of your or someone else that recommended it but I am loving Taboo.

Tom Hardy is a freakin' acting genius.
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:53 pm

Who watched Walking Dead this week?

Spoiler:

Thought it was alright, but the damn zombie herd pssed me off.

Main characters thought it was a good idea to get real close to a shitload of zombies. But of course its OK because even though Rick and Michonne were basically surrounded none of the zombies even tried to bite them. They barely even tried to create any tension. Was going alright until that point  but that sort of threw off me a little.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:02 am

Spoiler:
    yeah it was one of those moments I was aware I was watching a TV show. Like I know I'm watching a show about walkers but you can suspense belief, however that was too much. Even the way they took them all down as well. I wasn't buying it, plus they'd all still be able to move.

I thought the episode had quite a few funny moments in it that I had a legit laugh. "oh yeah I forgot to mention"... That he had a tiger.
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:34 am

Ray Donovan...great show...mr fix is Ray Donovan ...maybe he should run the NRL

Better Call Saul...shonky lawyer but brilliant for his clients

Billions ......glad season 2 is out
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 am

Anyone watch Legion?

Taped the first episode but not watched it yet
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 am

@Milchcow wrote:
    Anyone watch Legion?

Taped the first episode but not watched it yet

Bugga wanted to see that. Is there an encore screening ?
    SI

Post by SI on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:06 am

@MrCashman wrote:Ray Donovan...great show...mr fix is Ray Donovan ...maybe he should run the NRL

Better Call Saul...shonky lawyer but brilliant for his clients

Billions ......glad season 2 is out

Yeah, Ray Donovan is one of those shows I keep threatening to get into but haven't.

Anyone else finished Quarry yet? Keen to know if anyone else thinks it is as brilliant.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm