NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The TV Thread

    Share

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2247
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by No Worries on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:55 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    I have quite enjoyed the series (particularly the French foreign legion one last week) and used to be a massive fan of Todd (still am when he is on Gruen) - but for me his starting to come off as a bit of an 'out there' knob.

    Maybe it's tall poppy syndrome (the more popular he gets) or maybe there's heaps of blokes like that who tend to shit me on the Goldy and in Northern NSW.

    Nah mate, I think it's just cause your a knob.

    Probably something you can't fix, it's just cause you're a Queenslander.

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 2641
    Reputation : 618
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:58 pm


    One of the things the Foreign Legion showed is just how generally fit Todd is.

    He's been doing a lot of mind/body improvement stuff for a while now, and I'm sure his physical condition going into the training camp was a shitload better than most of the general population.
    (I know there's no way I could climb a rope using just my hands)

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2247
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by No Worries on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:21 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    One of the things the Foreign Legion showed is just how generally fit Todd is.

    He's been doing a lot of mind/body improvement stuff for a while now, and I'm sure his physical condition going into the training camp was a shitload better than most of the general population.
    (I know there's no way I could climb a rope using just my hands)

    He has some ridiculously awesome standing heart rate. He is fit as fuck to start with. Hence why in last nights Sherpa episode his crew are dropping like flies and he's carrying twice the weight they are.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 655
    Reputation : 107
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    Nah mate, I think it's just cause your a knob.

    Probably something you can't fix, it's just cause you're a Queenslander.

    Phew, mystery solved.

    I was starting to get worried for a bit there!

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 pm

    So WestWorld nailed the player piano tune again this week with The Cure-A Forest Very Happy .

    Love

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4945
    Reputation : 414
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Welshy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:35 pm

    flasSId* wrote:So WestWorld nailed the player piano tune again this week with The Cure-A Forest Very Happy  .  

    Love
    Westworld has been awesome!

    Haven't read the book so very, very interested on which way its going to go

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:So WestWorld nailed the player piano tune again this week with The Cure-A Forest Very Happy  .  

    Love
    Westworld has been awesome!

    Haven't read the book so very, very interested on which way its going to go

    Yeah, I literally have no idea, no movie/book etc and haven't read any spoilers of them.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:37 pm

    3rd ep into Quarry and it is ridiculously good Love

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:51 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    @SI wrote:
    Have got it recording.  Loved that lad as Gyp in Boardwalk Empire, but hated him at the same time.  I was a bit worried about this Series when I saw the premise, but it is HBO, and everything they touch turns to gold.
    Mate it was brilliant, I know for a fact I would of been very happy living in those days! Odd seeing Ray Romano in his role mind haha and hard to see Joel Edgerton through his wild costume

    So finally got around to watching this. The first 2 eps didn't actually hook me, but by the 3rd I was watching the rest back to back. Great show. Is there actually a character that doesn't have at least 1 massively deep flaw? Good stuff.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 pm

    Quarry=ridiculously good.

    Everyone remember that scene from True Detective 1st season where they went 3 or 4 minutes in the one action shoot with the one camera? Everyone including me thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. They then emulated it in True Detective season 2 to good effect as well.

    Well the last ep of Quarry borrows from that-and does it for twice as long, with twice the action, through twice the people.

    I can't believe this show is only getting average to good ratings; it is one of the best 1st seasons of anything I have ever watched.

    Revraiser

    Posts : 1276
    Reputation : 130
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:43 am

    flasSId* wrote:Quarry=ridiculously good.  

    Everyone remember that scene from True Detective 1st season where they went 3 or 4 minutes in the one action shoot with the one camera?  Everyone including me thought it was pretty much the best thing ever.  They then emulated it in True Detective season 2 to good effect as well.

    Well the last ep of Quarry borrows from that-and does it for twice as long, with twice the action, through twice the people.  

    I can't believe this show is only getting average to good ratings; it is one of the best 1st seasons of anything I have ever watched.  

    I'll be dipping in now with that endorsement

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 am

    @Revraiser wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:Quarry=ridiculously good.  

    Everyone remember that scene from True Detective 1st season where they went 3 or 4 minutes in the one action shoot with the one camera?  Everyone including me thought it was pretty much the best thing ever.  They then emulated it in True Detective season 2 to good effect as well.

    Well the last ep of Quarry borrows from that-and does it for twice as long, with twice the action, through twice the people.  

    I can't believe this show is only getting average to good ratings; it is one of the best 1st seasons of anything I have ever watched.  

    I'll be dipping in now with that endorsement

    Excellent! I hate talking things up cos when other people do it, it is sometimes disappointing when I get around to watching it.

    Quarry is sitting at 8.3 on IMDB. I think a lot of people might have dipped out early because the last ep scored 9.5, and not many eps of any series ever do that. True Detective had 1 ep at 9.7 and 1 at 9.6 by way of comparison.

    The 1st ep didn't hook me, but by the 2nd it had. One of the supporting roles-Buddy-is one of the most unique but believable characters ever. Played by an Aussie bloke who has been in just about everything over the last 30 years but you still don't actually know his real name. This doesn't spoil the plot at all as it is all revealed very early, but he is a gay hitman who starts to question his chosen vocation. Absolutely wonderful character.

    The series is 8 eps at a just over a solid hour, so similar to TD in that regard, so the plot moves pretty quick and if the 1st or 2nd ep don't get you in, you are a 3rd of the way through so hang in there. Can't say enough good stuff about it.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:59 pm

    TWD episodes that don't feature Negan have been absolute rubbish.

    The last two literally could have been wrapped up in the one episode, they've been so slow and boring.

    I get they're building to All Out War but fuck me it's slow.

    Revraiser

    Posts : 1276
    Reputation : 130
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:18 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:TWD episodes that don't feature Negan have been absolute rubbish.

    The last two literally could have been wrapped up in the one episode, they've been so slow and boring.

    I get they're building to All Out War but fuck me it's slow.

    Agree, very disappointed with it outside of the Negan episodes, maybe two of them. Reminds me of season two, on the farm the whole season mulling around.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

    The last ep was just bland from start to finish. The attempted humour was cringeworthy, and Tara's decisions weren't believable in the slightest.

    Revraiser

    Posts : 1276
    Reputation : 130
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:03 pm

    flasSId* wrote:

    Excellent!  I hate talking things up cos when other people do it, it is sometimes disappointing when I get around to watching it.

    Quarry is sitting at 8.3 on IMDB.  I think a lot of people might have dipped out early because the last ep scored 9.5, and not many eps of any series ever do that.  True Detective had 1 ep at 9.7 and 1 at 9.6 by way of comparison.

    The 1st ep didn't hook me, but by the 2nd it had.  One of the supporting roles-Buddy-is one of the most unique but believable characters ever.  Played by an Aussie bloke who has been in just about everything over the last 30 years but you still don't actually know his real name.  This doesn't spoil the plot at all as it is all revealed very early, but he is a gay hitman who starts to question his chosen vocation.  Absolutely wonderful character.

    The series is 8 eps at a just over a solid hour, so similar to TD in that regard, so the plot moves pretty quick and if the 1st or 2nd ep don't get you in, you are a 3rd of the way through so hang in there.  Can't say enough good stuff about it.

    Im in ! Me and the cook watched 3 episodes late Sunday.

    Brilliant, loving it already. Was intruiged enough by the 1st episode. Yeah the Hitman is a good character hey. Isnt the main guy an aussie also ?

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 am

    So errr, I was lost with WestWorld from about ep 7 onwards. Kind of understand I think but would have to go read a thorough synopsis to really understand what the fuck the last month has been about it.

    filthridden

    Posts : 1972
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:11 pm

    Last Ep of Westworld was everything you wanted from it without leaving much of a cliffhanger or anything like that.

    Psyched for what comes next even though its a year away but I'm not screaming blue murder that I have to wait that long.

    They've done it very well.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:45 pm

    @filthridden wrote:Last Ep of Westworld was everything you wanted from it without leaving much of a cliffhanger or anything like that.

    Psyched for what comes next even though its a year away but I'm not screaming blue murder that I have to wait that long.

    They've done it very well.

    I feel like there was a period between the start of ep7 through to halfway through ep10 that I didn't understand, and I haven't even been drinking much lately.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 pm

    By the way, I loved it. It's going to be probably the 1st season of a show that I have gone back and watched in quick succession to understand it.

      Current date/time is Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:03 pm