NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The TV Thread

    Share

    Krump

    Posts : 2189
    Reputation : 307
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Krump on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:33 am

    @SI wrote:Just finishing up The Americans season 2.  Fucking love this show.  Brilliant slow burner.
    Plus shes smoking hot.

    ryno_

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 am

    @Bren wrote:

    Tits and Ass?

    Bingo.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    @SI wrote:Just finishing up The Americans season 2.  Fucking love this show.  Brilliant slow burner.
    Plus shes smoking hot.

    She is indeed Beating Heart

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3137
    Reputation : 264
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Random on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 pm

    Anyone had a chance to check out Zoo yet? Plan to watch it on Netflix once I finish with Thats 70s Show.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6931
    Reputation : 923
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Bren on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:15 am

    RandomSil wrote:Anyone had a chance to check out Zoo yet? Plan to watch it on Netflix once I finish with Thats 70s Show.

    Talking about hot chicks. Mila.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:15 am

    Apparently Mr Robot is very very good. Anyone watched it yet?

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:48 pm

    Anyone who hasn't seen Narcos needs to watch it, so fucking good!

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3137
    Reputation : 264
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Random on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 pm

    How long do the subtitles last D: I didn't make it too far in because I watch it off Netflix and do stuff in the background so subtitles don't help with that.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 pm

    RandomSil wrote:How long do the subtitles last D: I didn't make it too far in because I watch it off Netflix and do stuff in the background so subtitles don't help with that.

    yeaaah you won't like it then haha. It's 80% in Spanish. That's how the show was made. If you can move past that though it's such a good show.

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3137
    Reputation : 264
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Random on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:How long do the subtitles last D: I didn't make it too far in because I watch it off Netflix and do stuff in the background so subtitles don't help with that.

    yeaaah you won't like it then haha. It's 80% in Spanish. That's how the show was made. If you can move past that though it's such a good show.

    Oh I can move past it, actually trying to learn Spanish (Unsuccessfully.) But yeah just means I can't watch it in the background.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3638
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:15 pm

    RandomSil wrote:

    Oh I can move past it, actually trying to learn Spanish (Unsuccessfully.) But yeah just means I can't watch it in the background.

    I'm attempting to learn as well, my friend has a girlfriend over from Argentina so I'm spending as much time with her as I can to learn Spanish haha.

    I bought a Michel Thomas piece that I listen to on my phone which has helped me develop some phrasing.

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 2641
    Reputation : 618
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:24 pm


    I'm a bit behind in Walking Dead stuff

    Have watched up to episode 4 in Fear The Walking Dead. but one thing is bothering me

    In TWD there are zombies everywhere. They can spend a week on a farm in bumfuckville and have to deal with hundreds of zombies.
    In FTWD they are in a city of several million people just days after the outbreak started and it is currently seemingly deserted. Where are all the fucking zombies? Have they all quickly and quietly deserted the city to wander as herds in Rick Grimes's general direction.

    I think what annoys me most about this show, other than the general stupidity of most of the characters, is that zombie population density is determined entirely by plot needs and has zero internal consistency.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5942
    Reputation : 594
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by SI on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:01 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    I'm a bit behind in Walking Dead stuff  

    Have watched up to episode 4 in Fear The Walking Dead.  but one thing is bothering me

    In TWD there are zombies everywhere. They can spend a week on a farm in bumfuckville and have to deal with hundreds of zombies.
    In FTWD they are in a city of several million people just days after the outbreak started and it is currently seemingly deserted. Where are all the fucking zombies? Have they all quickly and quietly deserted the city to wander as herds in Rick Grimes's general direction.

    I think what annoys me most about this show, other than the general stupidity of most of the characters, is that zombie population density is determined entirely by plot needs and has zero internal consistency.

    There are pockets of safe zones that the army have managed to hold via fences, so they are kind of in a massive safe house.  

    I seem to be one of the few people in the history of forever who absolutely loves how they have done FTWD.

    ryno_

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:03 pm

    I love it aswell, although the old duck whose from House of Cards annoys me. Looking forward to R&R so i can binge on the 5 eps that aired while im at work.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6931
    Reputation : 923
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Bren on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 pm

    Learning a new language to score with latina's? Count me in. Love them thick and juicy.

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 2641
    Reputation : 618
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:57 pm

    @SI wrote:

    There are pockets of safe zones that the army have managed to hold via fences, so they are kind of in a massive safe house.  

    I seem to be one of the few people in the history of forever who absolutely loves how they have done FTWD.

    But these safe zones seem completely unmolested by zombies.

    When rick and company stayed at the jail (not that close to any population centre) they had a daily mob of zombies come to the fence.

    The pissweak looking fences in FTWD seem to have empty streets for miles around. That is my issue

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I'm attempting to learn as well, my friend has a girlfriend over from Argentina so I'm spending as much time with her as I can to learn Spanish haha.

    I bought a Michel Thomas piece that I listen to on my phone which has helped me develop some phrasing.

    Must be tough to watch.

    Mighty Fishes

    Posts : 1829
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:21 pm

    I love QI its just a shame that they only have 5 seasons here out of the lot. (im someone who doesn't download stuff)


    filthridden

    Posts : 1972
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:22 pm

    I watched the first two episodes of Heroes Reborn after being right into the original series.

    I feel like I'm watching a high school web series. It's shocking how bad it is.
    Some of the effects are well done and that's about the only plus.

    The dialogue is terrible.
    Most of the actors would struggle to get a gig on Home and Away.
    The plots they're trying to get across are so trite it's ridiculous.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2247
    Reputation : 446
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The TV Thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 pm

    800 Words is the poor man's Sea Change !

    Am I right or am I right No

      Current date/time is Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:03 pm