NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The TV Thread

Mr Fernando

Re: The TV Thread

Post by Mr Fernando on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:44 pm

@Beast From The Big East wrote:daredevil was great. looking forward to season 2. definitely had that dark and dangerous feel which you don't really get from the likes of flash and supergirl

Yeah it's that dark/gritty edge that does it. I cannot watch the semi-comedic superhero series that are out at the moment
    Random

Post by Random on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:56 pm

So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

Also started watching Narcos, it is crazy good. Glad it was suggested here as that was a big part of getting me to watch it. Also nice seeing Pedro Pascal after his GoT stint.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:40 pm

@Random wrote:So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

Also started watching Narcos, it is crazy good. Glad it was suggested here as that was a big part of getting me to watch it. Also nice seeing Pedro Pascal after his GoT stint.

I'll have to persist with Jessica Jones then I stopped watching after three episodes.

I seriously rate Narcos as one of the best TV shows I've ever watched but that could be because when I was going through high school I loved learning up the drug trades and stuff in Columbia.
    SI

Post by SI on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:43 pm

@Honeysett wrote:
    @Random wrote:So finished Jessica Jones, honestly the first 3 episodes or so weren't great but I saw it through and it became insanely good. David Tennant was amazing and I also enjoyed seeing Wil Traval as well. Definitely worth watching if you can make it through the first few episodes.

I'll have to persist with Jessica Jones then I stopped watching after three episodes.

I seriously rate Narcos as one of the best TV shows I've ever watched but that could be because when I was going through high school I loved learning up the drug trades and stuff in Columbia.
    *waiting for Bren to tie in Joey here somewhere*
    Mighty Fishes

Post by Mighty Fishes on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Just got Family Guy season 15. 3 episodes in.. Pretty offensive but still funny!
    SI

Post by SI on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Will watch the last couple of eps of The Affair S2 tonight.  Enjoyed the 1st series, but the ending was too abrupt to me.  This 2nd season is awesome, different to what I expected and loving the way they have developed Cole; he is pretty much the MVP this series I reckon.

For those who watched The Wire, Dominic West drops a subtle reference in a hospital scene that becomes hilarious when you realise how obvious they made it.
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:48 pm

F is for Family was awesome. Shame the season was so short
    SI

Post by SI on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Just googled it.  Where did you see it Fernando?
    Random

Post by Random on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:01 am

Netflix, and I found it obnoxious at the start but I actually enjoyed F is for Family.

Also recently watched The Last Kingdom, wasn't too bad, felt like a somewhat watered down Vikings but still overall was decent. I have to see the new TV-Movie Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes. I absolutely loved the Marco Polo Tv Show.

Oh and SI as I probably wont watch The Affair what was reference?
    SI

Post by SI on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:26 am

@Random wrote:Netflix, and I found it obnoxious at the start but I actually enjoyed F is for Family.

Also recently watched The Last Kingdom, wasn't too bad, felt like a somewhat watered down Vikings but still overall was decent. I have to see the new TV-Movie Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes. I absolutely loved the Marco Polo Tv Show.

Oh and SI as I probably wont watch The Affair what was reference?
    Him and his son are mad baseball fans and they are going to a game when his son's illness comes to a head.  Conversation after the surgery is finished:

His son "Who won the game?"
    Dominic West "Baltimore."

O for Obvious!
    filthridden

Post by filthridden on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Finally started watching Mr Robot.
    Halfway through the first series now. Easy to get into and keeps on amping it up every episode so far.

I thought it was going to be all a bunch of nerds sitting around a computer but then it goes all AWOL breaking bad styles.
    SI

Post by SI on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Once I finish The Affair it's either that or TWD S6.  I've got both ready to go on the IQ.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 pm

@SI wrote:Once I finish The Affair it's either that or TWD S6.  I've got both ready to go on the IQ.

TWD for sure. Man you don't know what you're in for

Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Pretty Little Liars is a good show.
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

Id recomend a doco called cocaine cowboys really good watch if you havent seen it.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:09 pm

@manlybeaver wrote:

Id recomend a doco called cocaine cowboys really good watch if you havent seen it.

Yeah mate watched it years ago, absolute quality
    SI

Post by SI on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:16 pm

@Honeysett wrote:
    @manlybeaver wrote:

Yeah mate watched it years ago, absolute quality

Was that the one heavily focussed around Florida? Single episode and went for 1 or 2 hours.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:23 pm

@SI wrote:

Was that the one heavily focussed around Florida?  Single episode and went for 1 or 2 hours.

Miami, yep. Pretty sure there's a sequel as well
    SI

Post by SI on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:26 pm

One of the very few docos that sticks in the memory bank so it must have been a pretty good watch.
    Random

Post by Random on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Has anyone watched "Making a murderer." yet, looking to see whether it is worth getting into.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm