NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 am

jesus, that was heart in mouth stuff... surely Wigan can at least invest in some gym mats if they're gutta put concrete 5m back from the tryline?

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:51 am

surmo13 wrote:jesus, that was heart in mouth stuff... surely Wigan can at least invest in some gym mats if they're gutta put concrete 5m back from the tryline?
    Well if they didnt do it after the World Cup they never will. Absolutely ridiculous and a massive injury risk.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 am

The advertising signs need to be made of foam too.... They are in the nfl
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:06 am

Here's some stats on the Broncos players from NRL.com Nothing on James Roberts, he was that quiet.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 6 PLTsyWd
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:16 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Didn't Milford start to score really good towards the end of last year? I'm actually considering running with him but I'd have to do a fair bit of shuffling to do it for a player that doesn't have a ton of upside (Watch him kill it now I've wrote that) but I do see Milf improving on his average
    Yes he did but he took his damn time. i think he lost close to 100k but the points he cost me early was what really killed me. The only difference is Milf changed position as well as a new team where Roberts only has the one thing to deal with.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 am

Bullbender wrote:
    Yes he did but he took his damn time. i think he lost close to 100k but the points he cost me early was what really killed me. The only difference is Milf changed position as well as a new team where Roberts only has the one thing to deal with.

I would still avoid Roberts, for the most part CTR's score less on average than other positions (Besides Wingers) and Roberts wont be relied on as heavily to make those big breaks up the field or provide spark as much as he did at the Titans. Also more likely to push the ball on out to his winger.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:32 am

It will be players like Gillett and Milford that will benefit from having Roberts out there. Gillett looked awesome this morning
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:02 am

SI wrote:

From a non-Fantasy Tigers perceptive mango:

Ted was sharp as, he was everywhere making up numbers in the line and setting blokes up.  Lawrence was solid.  Sironen looked like he's even bigger now to me but my stream was very average...and so was his work rate coincidently...Ava was awesome with his ball running, particularly off a couple of drop out returns.  Cherrington apparently was very sharp and I rate him but didn't really notice, but was watching the Eels/Panthers at the same time.  Nofo scored a brace but also made a couple of crucial errors that put us under pressure.  Naiqama looked pretty good at centre; I don't rate him there and would rather CheeKam got a crack but he went well.

Heres my take on the trial like i did last year on Sportal. This year was the first year i havent gone due to being crook, so i watched the live stream with my ageing eyes on a screen i was unable to enlarge. Make of it what you will. I hope it helps some like it did last year.

Pretty much spot on SI except Ted was not just sharp he was absolutely brilliant. He had a hand in 5 trys and his defensive reads were awesome. He actually looks like hes gone up another notch. The only question mark is the team he is in? In saying this his long term connection with Brooks and Moses is what assists with his brilliance.
    The front row has no dramas, Woods appeared to be doing it easy and is a must to start the season IMO. Grant really looked the goods. Had some really strong hitups and was solid in defence. Ava has picked up where he left of the back of last season and was very strong. Our back row is shit. Sironen has got bigger and made a line break but he is fantasy irrelevant. Lawrence scored a try (set up by teddy) he will be steady in the backrow without doing anything special. He will get you the standard 35-40 each week when hes not injured and a bit of cream when he scores. Sue started at lock and was the pick of the backrowers even with his shit hairdo. He ran strong and looked damaging and went off with a injury(unknown to me) but was back on shortly after so doesnt appear anything serious. The trial gave no indication of minutes in the backrow, however i suspect Lawrence and the golden child sironen to get the most minutes if not 80 and Sue wont get 80 IMHO while these other 2 are there for those who were hoping(purely my opinion while JT is still in charge for the first 8 weeks).
    Farah looked sharp and the highlight of the game was his break with Teddy right there in support to create a really nice try. I rate Cherrington but he did nothing when he came on.
    Brooks and Moses were solid especially the connection they have with Teddy, however Littlejohns kicking game in attack was best on ground IMHO. He forced several repeat sets and he will keep pressure on the other 2. I think he will be a handy pickup for us which i doubted when we signed him.
    Nofo was rocks and diamonds, he has missed a lot of football and it probably showed. I didnt really notice Simona to be honest? He either had a quiet game or me squinting constantly at the screen missed him. One thing i didnt miss, Justin Hunt, he is rubbish. I think Rankin will get that wing spot. AddoCarr and MCK got bugger all minutes near the death so with JT this could mean anything but to me that means they wont be in the initial 17.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:06 am

Random wrote:

I would still avoid Roberts, for the most part CTR's score less on average than other positions (Besides Wingers) and Roberts wont be relied on as heavily to make those big breaks up the field or provide spark as much as he did at the Titans. Also more likely to push the ball on out to his winger.
    Cheers Random, i was going to take a risk with a bit of a POD buy starting with an expensive centre and hoping he went nuts from the start. Going to spend that cash traditionally now and upgrade a forward. Think i will still keep him in Supercoach due to their ludicrous scoring
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks BB & I watched the game as well & you're spot on with your comments. Farah, Grant, Sironen, Sue & Tedesco looked really good. Lawrence was steady & Littlejohn's kicking game was great. Sironen is much bigger & powerful this year & every hit up was at speed & intensity & at 284k could be a really good pick up. Grant ran hard, tackled hard & smashed hard & looks like he'll get 50-55 minutes game time. I had Stockwell & now I have Grant. And what can I say about Tedesco. He looks like he's gone up another notch this year but what I was particularly impressed by was his defense & he must of pulled off 3-4 try saving tackles but at 482k he's pretty expensive & when you look at the team he plays for he's probably best not going there for team balance. And I'll save the last word for Farah. He looks very much sharper this year & was into everything. Opps I forgot Sue who was awesome but the problem is his minutes.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:34 am

White Lightning wrote:Thanks BB & I watched the game as well & you're spot on with your comments. Farah, Grant, Sironen, Sue & Tedesco looked really good. Lawrence was steady & Littlejohn's kicking game was great. Sironen is much bigger & powerful this year & every hit up was at speed & intensity & at 284k could be a really good pick up. Grant ran hard, tackled hard & smashed hard & looks like he'll get 50-55 minutes game time. I had Stockwell & now I have Grant. And what can I say about Tedesco. He looks like he's gone up another notch this year but what I was particularly impressed by was his defense & he must of pulled off 3-4 try saving tackles but at 482k he's pretty expensive & when you look at the team he plays for he's probably best not going there for team balance. And I'll save the last word for Farah. He looks very much sharper this year & was into everything. Opps I forgot Sue who was awesome but the problem is his minutes.
    Cheers WL. Im still considering Teddy after that game. The price tag is big but the reward could be big. I was going to downgrade Roberts to upgrade a forward. Now im considering downgrading a forward to upgrade Roberts. Ive resisted changing my initial team until now, let the headaches begin
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 am

Bullbender wrote:
    Cheers WL. Im still considering Teddy after that game. The price tag is big but the reward could be big. I was going to downgrade Roberts to upgrade a forward. Now im considering downgrading a forward to upgrade Roberts. Ive resisted changing my initial team until now, let the headaches begin

Same here mate. He even looks quicker too. I would totally have to change my team around for him but when you consider he's up against the Warriors in round 1 he could score 100 the way the Warriors are playing. The thing I noticed about Wests as a whole last night was how fast they came out of the blocks & the speed & intensity they played at for the first 30 minutes. If they do the same against the Warriors they will blow them apart.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:57 am

Other Teddy positives.

1. Final 17 player so 1 less trade to make barring injuries.

2. Should be a SOO lock but isn't so hopefully fantastic bye cover with loophole potential
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:00 am

I've done some adjusting to put Tedesco in to see how it looks

Lichaa Hodgson
    Fifita Grant Evans Lawrence
    Surgess AhMau Cartwright Aubusson (Henry Leuluai)
    DCE Hastings (Jnik Taylor)
    Ferguson Auvaa (Gutherson MCK)
    Tedesco Gordon Barba (Feeney Mitchell)
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:04 am

Goondalf wrote:I've done some adjusting to put Tedesco in to see how it looks

Lichaa Hodgson

Vero nice. Quite similar to my team
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:09 am

Goondalf wrote:I've done some adjusting to put Tedesco in to see how it looks

Lichaa Hodgson

Nice bro but Barba doesn't look like he'll start at f/b in round 1 so I'd move Ferguson to f/b if that happens & bring in a cheap centre like Copley.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:13 am

Broncos player minutes are probably irrelevant but here they are anyway

1 @ 21 min. Thaiday on blair off
    2 @ 25 min. wallace on mcguire off
    3 @ 34 min. blair on parker off
    4 @ 50 min ofahengaue on blair off
    5 @ 50 min parker on glenn off
    6 @ 50 min mcguire on wallace off
    7 @ 56 min waddell on mccullough off
    8 @ 59 min glenn on gillett off
    9 @ 71 min blair on parker off
    10 @ 71 min wallace on thaiday off

Around the 50th minute mark got a bit confusing who subbed who but I don't really think it matters

McGuire 55 min
    Blair 46 min
    Thaiday 50 min
    Wallace 34 min
    McCullough 56 min
    Waddell 24 min
    Glenn 71 min
    Gillett 59 min
    Parker 55 min
    Ofahengaue 30 min

I wouldn't read too much into these times as some of the Broncos received early marks due to the score and the fact they got 10 interchanges.

I'm not going to bother taking minutes for the Cowboys game tomorrow as I don't think any of us need to know for fantasy selections
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 am

Alright since I bought Evans in for LAM into my team to free up cash I originally upgraded J Graham to CP13 and Slater to James Roberts. Upon review of Roberts chances of hitting those same scores he hit for the Titans as their main strike weapon though and comparing other WFB's like Mansour and Fergo as replacements I decided maybe I should go for Tedesco.
    I know you'd never not want CP13 in your side if you can have him but let's say I put someone like Woods or De Belin at FRF (J Graham is becoming too injury prone at this point for me to rely on him) and have Tedesco as my WFB. Would those 10 extra points in the forwards on average Parker makes be made up for by the fact Tedesco is pretty much miles ahead in reliability over most other WFB choices???
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:28 am

Loomer wrote:

Vero nice. Quite similar to my team

Comes down to these choices:
    A. WGraham + Aubusson(Ctr) + Mansour
    B. Aubusson (2rf) + Ferguson + Tedesco
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:39 am

Remember when J. Graham was injured last year Tolman ended up playing big minutes & getting 50+ scores every week. Tolman worth a look I think if Graham's injury is long term.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm