NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Newcastle Knights

Pieman

Re: Newcastle Knights

Post by Pieman on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:55 am

@Honeysett wrote:I think I've underestimated how good the Ramien signing is. NRL 360 are talking him up as the next best thing which is amazing. Looking forward to seeing where he can go for us next year

the kid is awesome, hes that strong. Stuper hard to stop close to the line, good defender, good skills. Really happy with the singing.
    Knights back line might be red hot next year

Watson
    Moga
    Matutia
    Ramien
    SKD
    Ponga
    Pearce

looks pretty good on paper!
    Mason lino as a backup half is a great signing too
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Signing Lino has freed up enough cash at the Warriors for them to keep Luke

lol!
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 am

Good.. luke was absolute garbage at the warriors until last season.
    I would much rather segyaro
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 am

Veteran Parramatta centre Michael Jennings and St George Illawarra utility Kurt Mann have been linked to the Newcastle Knights.

According to The Newcastle Herald, Knights coach Nathan Brown has met with the players representatives in the past week.
    Both players are believed to be willing to move to the Knights, however both remain contracted at their current clubs.

Jennings will earn approximately $800,000 at the Eels next season, but could be allowed to move as the Eels seek to create salary cap space.
    However any deal would likely need the Eels to pay half of Jenning’s salary.

Mann was a junior at the Knights, before departing for Melbourne and then the Dragons.
    The tough utility has played every position in the backline, but would be turned into a hooker if he moved to Newcastle.
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Jennings... meh. He was great last year, dreadful this year. If he wants to get fit and if Parra are paying half his wage, 400k is still too much for him.

Mann I wouldnt mind, hes a pretty decent utility. A hooker.. its a bit slight to play that on a consistent basis and his defence isnt good enough to play in the the middle for long stints. I like him as a backup half and outside back but as a hooker.... I dont rate it.

We have Lino as a backup half and potentially hooker as well.

I think we need a good prop still in order to be an actual contender - and would prefer Ponga to stay at 1 and we move Watson on. Mann can play 6.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Jennings for 400k a year? I'll take it. And Mann at hooker? Good little hard nut. Take him too.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm