NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Newcastle Knights

    Share

    Dip

    Posts : 1290
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Dip on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:20 am

    I do find it weird that many people seem to think that there needs to be jail time for people to "do their time".

    For example, Russell Packer spends a year in jail, has a year in NSW Cup, and then get their contract registered. There certainly is some outcry, but general concensus is he's been punished so he should registered, but with basically a zero tolerance for future indiscretions. Pretty much the same thing happens with Manu Ma'u.

    Blokes like Kiresome Av'aa, Matt Lodge, Blake Ferguson and Tod Carney are punished in court, but the judge deems it not serious enough to require jail time (not saying I agree with that ruling, but the person who's job it actually is to decide whether something is serious enough to go to jail has determined it isn't). They spend time out of the game or at a lower level than NRL, and there seems to be more public outcry than the likes of Ma'u and Packer. It doesn't seem right. Perhaps that has more to do with the profile of those players at the time though I guess.

    Then, and this is going back a few years now, you have inconsistencies with cases like Brett Stewart and Anthony Laffranchi. Both are charged of very serious offences, and both are found not guilty. Yet one has some suspension, and the other doesn't.
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1091
    Reputation : 573
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Moose on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 am

    To be fair Russell Packer did piss on the field at Suncorp Stadium so a years jail sentence was quite lenient.

    Dip

    Posts : 1290
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Dip on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 am

    @Pieman wrote:I will lean towards taking some truth from rothfield...

    Sure he exaggerates a bit (like most journo's)

    What?

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1128
    Reputation : 266
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:11 am

    @Moose wrote:To be fair Russell Packer did piss on the field at Suncorp Stadium Lang Park so a years jail sentence was quite lenient.

    Look in general I'm not a supporter of capital punishment but maybe we do need an exception for the most heinous of crimes such as this one.

    I also fixed your spelling mistake above.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 am

    @Dip wrote:

    What?

    Every single journo in the world exaggerates to a certain extent, whether its just through their words or their defending their stance on a topic.

    And clearly, there is some truth to what he reported. Whether it is 100% truth or not, fuck knows.

    Sooo.... there ya go mate.

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Fake News.



    You don't think its stupid to act like something is gospel - or even likely - without multiple sources or being peer reviewed? Especially when the one source you do have is a known dickhead with both an agenda and lack of journalistic integrity? You're the kind of guy who reads infowars and just rolls with whatever they hear.
    Peer reviewed .. lol. Its a footy journo not a linear regression analysis.
    I said multiple times that I am not 100% in on him, Never once said it was gospel. But dont you think its stupid to act like something is 100% false when he said it without anyone even remotely coming close to disputing it?

    Again. Personally, I dont think its 100% true, but I do believe that there is truth to it somewhere. Its not like he would just make something up and say it.

    Again, can anyone please give me some examples of any clangers of his where he was proven to be lying or when he has been out and out wrong? Would genuinely like to know some of them - besides his guess work with the bronco salary cap situation etc.

    Ryno, the bloke who says the telegraph is shit while reading the courier mail (recycled joke)
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5078
    Reputation : 1537
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 am

    I've skimmed through the pages, why the fuck can't Todd Carney play in the NRL for getting on the piss and being an idiot but Matt Lodge can with a history of Domestic Violence and the NY incident.

    Seriously, did Carney finger bang Greenberg's cat?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 am

    I think carney is OK to come back now, but no one wants him.

    But agreed, its fucking odd that we have a handful of DV perps in the league, some violent criminals and so on yet Todd Carney, the serial pest, was exiled from the league because he brought the image of the game down through pissing in his own mouth
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1224
    Reputation : 156
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by surmo13 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 am

    I'll just leave this here, if you didn't know any better, you'd think all Carney did was pee in his own mouth, but the truth of it is that it was probably the straw that broke the camels back:

    December 2006
    Carney charged with drink driving and reckless driving in Goulburn and later suspended from driving for five years.

    May 2007
    Carney and team-mate Steve Irwin pursued by police through Canberra. Carney abandoned car and fled on foot, leaving Irwin in the passenger seat. Carney charged with multiple offences. He was placed on a 12-month good-behaviour bond, banned from driving until 2012 and sentenced to 200 hours of community service. The Raiders retained Carney.

    July 2008
    Carney alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub. He was suspended by the Raiders but the complaint was withdrawn. Canberra issued an ultimatum to Carney, which included five-points that would see him cease all football with the club for the remainder of the season, go on an alcohol ban until 2012, undergo counselling, complete a community service program and pay a $20,000 fine. Carney asked for a variation that would avoid points one and two.

    August 2008
    The Canberra Raiders sack Carney.

    February 2009
    Carney involved in vandalism in Goulburn. He receives a 12-month suspended sentence and undertakes alcohol counselling.

    March 2009
    Carney signs to play with the Atherton Roosters.

    December 2009
    Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made.

    February 2011
    Carney faces a low-range drink-driving charge and is stood down by the Roosters.

    April 2011
    He is found to be drinking with team-mate Anthony Watts and stood down indefinitely by the NRL. He returns in round 10.

    August 2011
    Carney and team-mates Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break a team agreement and are caught drinking. The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.

    October 2011
    Cronulla announce it has signed Carney to a two-year deal.

    June 2014
    Carney turns in a man-of-the-match performance to lead Cronulla to a win over Brisbane, but two nights later is sacked after a photo of him urinating into his own mouth is leaked on social media.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3522
    Reputation : 997
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by No Worries on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 am

    @surmo13 wrote:I'll just leave this here, if you didn't know any better, you'd think all Carney did was pee in his own mouth, but the truth of it is that it was probably the straw that broke the camels back:

    December 2006

    March 2009
    Carney signs to play with the Atherton Roosters.

    Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made.

    February 2011

    October 2011
    Cronulla announce it has signed Carney to a two-year deal.

    June 2014
    Carney turns in a man-of-the-match performance to lead Cronulla to a win over Brisbane, but two nights later is sacked after a photo of him urinating into his own mouth is leaked on social media.

    2006 - 2009 = Let's call him Matt Lodge (same age)
    2011 - low range DUI a non event for Joe Public and the rest a club trying to exit an over payed player without paying them out. I watched it happen to Craig Field (if you need details PM me)
    2014 - 5 years after his last serious indiscretion a fanboy pics him pretending to drink his own piss, the club dismisses him without fair grounds, pays him compensation

    If you didn't know any better, you'd think all Carney did was fuck Greenberg's wife Lisa

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1128
    Reputation : 266
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:11 am

    Not sure why the Carney references have been brought into the discussion, as IMO Carney's treatment is fairly incomparable to most.

    Purely based on his indiscretions, Carney has clearly been harshly dealt with.

    But it appears fairly obvious that despite his football talent the bloke was a menace and it was probably more likely that he was sacked (multiple times) for being a bit of a dickhead and an utter distraction to some/all of the other blokes in his team......not for his actual indiscretions.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 am

    I was actually at that pub the night he pissed on the guy, was a fair stink.

    Cronulla saw a chance to get rid of him without paying him out, because he is a trouble maker and a distraction.

    He sued them and he won. So go figure.

    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1224
    Reputation : 156
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by surmo13 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    2006 - 2009 = Let's call him Matt Lodge (same age)
    2011 - low range DUI a non event for Joe Public and the rest a club trying to exit an over payed player without paying them out. I watched it happen to Craig Field (if you need details PM me)
    2014 - 5 years after his last serious indiscretion a fanboy pics him pretending to drink his own piss, the club dismisses him without fair grounds, pays him compensation

    If you didn't know any better, you'd think all Carney did was fuck Greenberg's wife Lisa

    i'm not making a comment on whether or not the Sharks were justified in letting him go, simply showing that he wasn't sacked because he pissed in his own mouth, he was sacked because despite 8 years of poor life choices and multiple lifelines, he still couldn't help himself.

    Has the NRL actually blocked him from returning or are clubs just not interested?
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1511
    Reputation : 273
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by ryno_ on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    Every single journo in the world exaggerates to a certain extent, whether its just through their words or their defending their stance on a topic.

    And clearly, there is some truth to what he reported. Whether it is 100% truth or not, fuck knows.

    Sooo.... there ya go mate.


    Peer reviewed .. lol. Its a footy journo not a linear regression analysis.
    I said multiple times that I am not 100% in on him, Never once said it was gospel. But dont you think its stupid to act like something is 100% false when he said it without anyone even remotely coming close to disputing it?

    Again. Personally, I dont think its 100% true, but I do believe that there is truth to it somewhere. Its not like he would just make something up and say it.

    Again, can anyone please give me some examples of any clangers of his where he was proven to be lying or when he has been out and out wrong? Would genuinely like to know some of them - besides his guess work with the bronco salary cap situation etc.

    Ryno, the bloke who says the telegraph is shit while reading the courier mail (recycled joke)

    Jesus. First you defend Fergo & his conviction, now Rothfield & his journalistic integrity. I thought the bottom of the barrel was empty, but there you are. Im struggling to think of a worse human involved with league you can support next...

    Firstly, he looks like a burns victim. Get him off my tv. Or, you could start with the piece he does on the day after _every_ origin, detailing the ref calls that went against NSW (even the correct ones). He slags off soccer at every opportunity and then turns up to the WC qual game in official Socceroos merch. The way he claims every break-out player and anything that happens as something he predicted - when often it was the exact opposite (my favourite was the 2 columns he penned on the eels, one saying they should resign Sandow because they had no other options in the halves and another saying how he was always right about Norman's potential). His vendatta against John Grant and the constant hit pieces he did without any basis in fact. The way he takes money under the table to write favourable profiles on players - and admits it openly and sees no issue with it. He's a waste of newspaper inches and his presence is an insult to other journos who act ethically and produce quality work. Turning up to the DallyMs to present an award and being blind drunk is disgraceful behavior. The NRL pulled his accreditation for a reason.

    I could go on.

    For all this talk of Lodge v Todd, Buzz's writing is just pissing into his own mouth in print form. Fucking degenerate, alcoholic, gambling addict.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 882
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 am

    if a club wanted toddy a year or two later, i'm not convinced he wouldn't have been allowed back in


    tbh, i think in the end, its a sport, their crimes should be dealt with criminally, i don't really care if lodge or all the other cunts that are currently involved in the game (and there is alot of them, lodge is probably right at the top but he certainly has company when you look at some rapsheets). personally, i just can't stand the redemption stories, can't we just let them play the sport without trying to pretend they have redeemed themselves into model citizens because they played a good month of footy, i can't stand those articles.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Jesus. First you defend Fergo & his conviction, now Rothfield & his journalistic integrity. I thought the bottom of the barrel was empty, but there you are. Im struggling to think of a worse human involved with league you can support next...

    Firstly, he looks like a burns victim. Get him off my tv. Or, you could start with the piece he does on the day after _every_ origin, detailing the ref calls that went against NSW (even the correct ones). He slags off soccer at every opportunity and then turns up to the WC qual game in official Socceroos merch. The way he claims every break-out player and anything that happens as something he predicted - when often it was the exact opposite (my favourite was the 2 columns he penned on the eels, one saying they should resign Sandow because they had no other options in the halves and another saying how he was always right about Norman's potential). His vendatta against John Grant and the constant hit pieces he did without any basis in fact. The way he takes money under the table to write favourable profiles on players - and admits it openly and sees no issue with it. He's a waste of newspaper inches and his presence is an insult to other journos who act ethically and produce quality work. Turning up to the DallyMs to present an award and being blind drunk is disgraceful behavior. The NRL pulled his accreditation for a reason.

    I could go on.

    For all this talk of Lodge v Todd, Buzz's writing is just pissing into his own mouth in print form. Fucking degenerate, alcoholic, gambling addict.

    Im not going to bother reading the rest after that first line. I use to find it funny when you just downvoted all my posts. Now you just make stuff up. Fuck you are cool
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1511
    Reputation : 273
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by ryno_ on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:Jesus. First you defend Fergo & his conviction, now Rothfield & his journalistic integrity.
    @Pieman wrote:Im not going to bother reading the rest after that first line. I use to find it funny when you just downvoted all my posts. Now you just make stuff up. Fuck you are cool
    Make it up? It's just a short google away.
    @Pieman wrote: Should he be in jail for grabbing a chick on the vag? Prob not.
    @Pieman wrote:Why should he be in jail for it? ... its a criminal offence, but jail worthy? No way.
    Maybe thats just a misunderstanding. Surely he wouldnt go so far as to defend his specific actions and play down the seriousness of it.
    @ryno_ wrote:He admitted, on the record, that he groped her without her consent.
    @Pieman wrote:He actually said he thought it was a chick that he hooked up with previously, and yes, grabbed her thinking she wouldnt care.
    Oh.

    Turns out that yes, Pieman is a piece of shit, sexual assault apologist.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Make it up? It's just a short google away.


    Maybe thats just a misunderstanding. Surely he wouldnt go so far as to defend his specific actions and play down the seriousness of it.


    Oh.

    Turns out that yes, Pieman is a piece of shit, sexual assault apologist.

    Cool story mate, keep picking lines out of context and trying to use them to somehow tarnish the good pieman name.
    We all know you will never win a debate with me, so kudos for at least trying to do something.

    Also, its fucking ironic that you are rubbishing Rothfield, then you go through old convos and take lines and use them totally out of context, then you make stuff up to try and prove a point. Solid Lolz.

    Have an upvote mate, onya
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1091
    Reputation : 573
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Moose on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:46 am

    @Pieman wrote: trying to somehow tarnish the good pieman name.

    You can't spell piece of shit without pie.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1511
    Reputation : 273
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Cool story mate, keep picking lines out of context and trying to use them to somehow tarnish the good pieman name.
    We all know you will never win a debate with me, so kudos for at least trying to do something.

    Also, its fucking ironic that you are rubbishing Rothfield, then you go through old convos and take lines and use them totally out of context, then you make stuff up to try and prove a point. Solid Lolz.

    Have an upvote mate, onya

    I use to find it funny when you just downvoted all my posts. Now you just make stuff up.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2340
    Reputation : 206
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 am

    @Moose wrote:

    You can't spell piece of shit without pie.
    you cant spell Goose with oose

    hehe

      Current date/time is Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:10 am