NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Newcastle Knights

    Share
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

    @filthridden wrote:Someone really doesn't like Pieman with all the downvotes Laughing :pp:

    Someone just cant handle the truth mate
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3456
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by No Worries on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Wardell never really found his feet, although was starting to get there.

    Randall isn't a loss.

    I'd like to see us sign some decent 9 cover though. I feel we're an injury away from lacking depth.


    Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Lol Lol Lol

    First the stroke comment then this. You are a laugh a minute

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/matthew-johns-on-souths-motive-for-shopping-robbie-farah-possible-nrl-lifeline/news-story/40b8aaea0362079db5a10e8de8f1138e
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 pm

    Word is Leicha is a target. OK depth signing if he signs a minimum contract and is happy to play a whole lot of NSW cup.

    I actually like Buhrer starting games there.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 1523
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 pm

    Lichaa wouldn't be too bad like you said if we can get him for cheap.

    He could have been hindering by Des Hasler's gameplan so he might come good. Worth a crack for cheap money.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 482
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by dasherhalo on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:15 pm

    You lads keep winning, and we'll take the PG rating off your Club thread.

    Just saying. Didn't want y'all to be ambushed!
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 am

    Lol What happened Dessy?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am

    @Honeysett wrote:Lichaa wouldn't be too bad like you said if we can get him for cheap.

    He could have been hindering by Des Hasler's gameplan so he might come good. Worth a crack for cheap money.
    He (and their entire attack) look so much better when he runs the ball. 
    If we can get him on the cheap then why not hey? Buderus can teach him how to pass
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 pm

    So the dragons have signed James Graham. This means we have signed Blair IMO. Farrrrrk I hope the warriors save us
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:08 am

    So if true, looks like Moylan is on the outer at Penriff.
    Would love to get him to play 6 at newie. Lamb and Moylan could be a pretty decent partnership IMO.

    Watson can play centre or FB. Ponga can play FB/Wing, or come from the bench - the same way Barba did early on in his career.

    Also a guy I would like us to target is Edrick Lee. Surely he would get a jersey for Newcastle next year, wouldnt be asking too much at this point in his career too.

    I really hope that the signature of Aiden Guerra has not cost us Fitzgibbon. That guy is a fucking weapon.

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Ice on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:06 pm

    @Pieman wrote:So if true, looks like Moylan is on the outer at Penriff.
    Would love to get him to play 6 at newie. Lamb and Moylan could be a pretty decent partnership IMO.

    Watson can play centre or FB. Ponga can play FB/Wing, or come from the bench - the same way Barba did early on in his career.

    Also a guy I would like us to target is Edrick Lee. Surely he would get a jersey for Newcastle next year, wouldnt be asking too much at this point in his career too.

    I really hope that the signature of Aiden Guerra has not cost us Fitzgibbon. That guy is a fucking weapon.

    Fitzgibbon has signed for 2 more years.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 am

    Very happy we retained Fitz. The guy is awesome. Our back row is looking really good for next year - Fitz, Sione, Barnett, Buhrer, Guerra, Jacob Saifiti, yates, stone. Jeez.. some good quality young players there, we are bound to lose a couple. The Guerra signing might really come back to bite us.

    Next season, maybe Buhrer continues to start at hooker, Jacob saifiti spends more time in the front row and Sione spends more time at centre. That was we have Guerra, Fitz, Barnett starting in the back row, with Barnett spending a bit of time at front row throughout the game? In saying that, when he isnt injured or off for a HIA Sione is great in the back row, so who knows.

    King
    Buhrer
    Saifiti
    Barnett
    Guerra
    Fitz

    Hodkinson (lamb?)
    Lamb (watson?)

    Ross
    Sione? the other matutias?
    Watson? Plythian?
    SKD
    Ponga

    Jacob Saifiti
    Stone
    Levi
    Yates

    There is prob a couple of signings left in us as well before the next year begins. We are actually pretty skint outside backs which is usually the opposite at newie. Still light on front rowers too. I wonder what % the dogs are willing to pay to get rid of the morris twins. If we could get them cheap then they could be a good experienced left hand edge for us for a year or so.

    I woud like us to go after Liam Knight, I think he is at the raiders now. Was an excellent junior player.

    Things are looking good for the knights next season. At least now too - if Ponga is a disaster (im sure he wont be but he will have his teething issues), we have Watson.

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Ice on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 pm

    @Pieman wrote:Very happy we retained Fitz. The guy is awesome. Our back row is looking really good for next year - Fitz, Sione, Barnett, Buhrer, Guerra, Jacob Saifiti, yates, stone. Jeez.. some good quality young players there, we are bound to lose a couple. The Guerra signing might really come back to bite us.

    Next season, maybe Buhrer continues to start at hooker, Jacob saifiti spends more time in the front row and Sione spends more time at centre. That was we have Guerra, Fitz, Barnett starting in the back row, with Barnett spending a bit of time at front row throughout the game? In saying that, when he isnt injured or off for a HIA Sione is great in the back row, so who knows.

    King
    Buhrer
    Saifiti
    Barnett
    Guerra
    Fitz

    Hodkinson (lamb?)
    Lamb (watson?)

    Ross
    Sione? the other matutias?
    Watson? Plythian?
    SKD
    Ponga

    Jacob Saifiti
    Stone
    Levi
    Yates

    There is prob a couple of signings left in us as well before the next year begins. We are actually pretty skint outside backs which is usually the opposite at newie. Still light on front rowers too. I wonder what % the dogs are willing to pay to get rid of the morris twins. If we could get them cheap then they could be a good experienced left hand edge for us for a year or so.

    I woud like us to go after Liam Knight, I think he is at the raiders now. Was an excellent junior player.

    Things are looking good for the knights next season. At least now too - if Ponga is a disaster (im sure he wont be but he will have his teething issues), we have Watson.

    They sure are, you should be a chance of avoiding the spoon.
    avatar
    Moose

    Posts : 1077
    Reputation : 562
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Moose on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm

    @Ice wrote:

    They sure are,  you should be a chance of avoiding the spoon.
    Whats the record for wooden spoons in a row? Surely the Knights are up there with a hatty.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 am

    I forgot to add Moga and Ese Ese too - and Lillyman is a done deal apparently.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 am

    @Moose wrote:
    Whats the record for wooden spoons in a row? Surely the Knights are up there with a hatty.

    I think parra won 6 in a row in the 50's and 60's but yeah in the modern era you would think that 3 in a row is a record. Newie have only won 4 which is crazy considering how bad they have been for the best part of 10 years.
    Put of current clubs, parra hold the most with 13.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3456
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by No Worries on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 am

    Tigers Never won a spoon
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1478
    Reputation : 255
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 am

    @Moose wrote:
    Whats the record for wooden spoons in a row? Surely the Knights are up there with a hatty.

    Remarkable achievement in the age of the salary cap.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am

    Newie have signed Slade Griffin - excellent signing. Far out we are stocking up on back rowers though. I guess he is the direct replacement for Kostjasyn but still..

    Buhrer
    Sione
    Fitz
    Stone
    Guerra
    Griffin
    Yates
    Barnett
    Jacob Saifiti

    Whats doing? Surely sione plays centre now and buhrer or griffin start at hooker?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by Pieman on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    Remarkable achievement in the age of the salary cap.

    At least we have won a comp throughout this time which a lot of clubs haven't done. Its especially amazing that we won one with some clubs being able to "legally" spend a shit tonne more money on their rosters than other clubs
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1478
    Reputation : 255
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: Newcastle Knights

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    At least we have won a comp throughout this time which a lot of clubs haven't done. Its especially amazing that we won one with some clubs being able to "legally" spend a shit tonne more money on their rosters than other clubs

    And people badger Bronco's fans about living in the past.

    This is a sinking ship looking worse and worse.

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 am