NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Dip

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Dip Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Pieman wrote:Peter Hiku released from Penrith to go to the SL. He would be a much much better signing than SKD. I wonder why we didn't pick him up immediately. Great player, covers FB centre and wing.

It's almost as if players don't want to sign with Newcastle.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Dip wrote:

Strange that.

Living in one of the nicer coastal cities in Australia (the beachside suburbs anyway), playing for a one team town that has huge local support, a good core of young players, funds to spend on players, someone who seems to be a decent coach, under 2 hours drive from Sydney, its own airport, that is now in desperate need of some experienced outside backs and would 100% guarantee someone like Hiku a starting spot at centre or wing - would seem like a pretty good destination for a guy who is basically a fringe yet experienced (and decent) fg player would couldn't get a regular run at multiple clubs.

I would suggest its more a case of Newcastle not offering him a deal than him not wanting to go there.

But that's just a guess.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Dip wrote:

The irony in this is we're going to sign Tautau Moga.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Really? Mid season or for next season? That surprises me because Bennett loves his big outside backs to use as extra forwards in the early tackles. Moga has done that really well this year, even if he has looked a bit like ordinary with the ball in attack.

If it's for next year, it could be an indication where Bird will play for the Broncos.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Dip wrote:

Really? Mid season or for next season? That surprises me because Bennett loves his big outside backs to use as extra forwards in the early tackles. Moga has done that really well this year, even if he has looked a bit like ordinary with the ball in attack.

If it's for next year, it could be an indication where Bird will play for the Broncos.

For next season - it's what has been said anyway, absolutely nothing confirmed and he could just be trying to push his price higher but who knows.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Oh okay. I'd have thought Moga would have at least 1 more year under contract since he only started this season, because there isn't many 1 season contracts going around these days. You'd think with his injury history and given he wasn't often starting for the Cowboys that he came reasonably cheap. Given he's started every game this year for the Broncos, you wonder what incentive they have to release him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Jeez.. the bloke will be better for the run this year but he hasnt really impressed me to be honest. He has basically fucked up Oates by not being able to effectively work 2 on one, or pass it quickly and just let the winger have a crack.

I wouldnt mind him as a winger but I dont think he has the ball skills to play centre in attack.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 am

Got to love that someone is downvoting all of pieman's posts Laugh 3
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

Dip wrote:Oh okay. I'd have thought Moga would have at least 1 more year under contract since he only started this season, because there isn't many 1 season contracts going around these days. You'd think with his injury history and given he wasn't often starting for the Cowboys that he came reasonably cheap. Given he's started every game this year for the Broncos, you wonder what incentive they have to release him.

I'd heard the same about Moga to Knights next year, so I looked on Zero Tackle and he is still contracted to Broncs for 2018.

As for Newie being such a nice place. It's a shit hole. No public transport, no city life. The town center is dead. They are trying to resurrect it, but other than Derby St you have to drive to Sydney for a decent meal.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm

No Worries wrote:

I'd heard the same about Moga to Knights next year, so I looked on Zero Tackle and he is still contracted to  Broncs for 2018.

As for Newie being such a nice place. It's a shit hole. No public transport, no city life. The town center is dead. They are trying to resurrect it, but other than Derby St you have to drive to Sydney for a decent meal.

Bullshit mate. Sounds like you haven't been there for a long time. I use to fkin hate the place, but these days its awesome. The coastal suburbs are brilliant. Sure, you get away from the coast and its a little bit shite but its def on the improve. Its still affordable in most areas unlike most other decent sized cities in aus.

Some really good cafe's and restaurants popping up - not to mention there are pubs on every corner pretty much. Darby st is actually somewhere I barely even think to go for a feed when im there. Its on the improve 100%.

There isn't much of a city life, I don't know why condensely populated high rise areas would be appealing tho. There is a shit tonne of nightlife if that's what you mean. HEAPS of great pubs. Yep there isn't much public transport - but its there if needed. You don't need a massive public transport system when the city really has fuck all traffic anyway. There is a decent uni there too.

Yes its a working class city, thats part of its appeal. So much better than any of the western Sydney suburbs and anywhere 20 mins drive outside of Brisbane city IMO. Every day of the week I would choose to live there over somewhere like Penrith/parra/most parts of brissy. The beaches alone there bump it up over most other cities for me.

Last edited by Pieman on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Sounds like a great place - apart from the Knights Wink
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am

Roosters are apparently shopping Liam Knight around, would love to pick him up at Newcastle if he isn't asking too much. Had some massive wraps on him in the last year or 2.

Fox sports also reporting Newcastle's interest in Moga.

Fuck I really hope we sign a half soon. Maloney for a year or 2 would be awesome, a 2 year deal for him on decent money isn't going to hurt the club. The guy is a deadest winner, so I guess that means he prob wont come to Newie in the state that they are in. Then again he is at the back end of his career and wants a payday.

Not that contracts mean all that much but - props that would really help come next season that are off contract are (according to zero tackle):
    Jeremy Latimore, Tagatese, B Lawrence, Gubb, Grant.
    All props that wouldn't be asking too much cash that would bolster the young pack. Someone like Lawrence would be a real get for the club.

Some backs I would like to see us target are:
    Will Smith, Hiku, Taufua, Edrick Lee, connor watson. Again not a superstar amongst them, but they are guys who are solid, 3 cant get a run and Taufua is one of the best early tackle runners in the game.

I would also fucking love for us to go after Tyrone Peachy too. The guy is just awesome. I have no idea what position he is best in but fuck I love watching him play. Would love for us to chase Latrell Mitchell too.
    James Roberts is actually off contract too apparently, would be a fucking handy replacement for Gagai. Maybe Bird was bought to cover the possible loss of Roberts?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:40 am

Moga will be lucky to play 5 games for the Knights, they have the worst training ground and facilities in the league. I believe its the main reasons they constantly get so many injuries
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Shanbon wrote:Moga will be lucky to play 5 games for the Knights, they have the worst training ground and facilities in the league. I believe its the main reasons they constantly get so many injuries
    Worse than the Tigers? Thats saying something.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Considering that he did his knee a heap of times playing for the roosters, who, I duno, I assume they have fucking awesome training facilities - what you said is pretty silly.

I was under the impression that they vastly improved their training facilities over the last few years.

According to this they use the NSW Institute of Sport high performance facilities at the moment. They use to use the uni gym a lot, which wasn't Ideal, duno if they still do.

Also, this looks promising.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Krump wrote:
    Worse than the Tigers? Thats saying something.

Also, do they get that many injuries??
    I remember years ago BK complaining about the knights facilities after he went to manly.
    This year alone they have had far less injuries than a side like the Titans who apparently have some of the best training facilities in the league.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 am

Weird decision in the game on Sunday when Gagai was taken out. Surely the ruling should be that Gagai knocked on before being tackled, therefore St George feed, or Gagai knocked on as a result of being tackled early, therefore a penalty AND sinbin for a professional foul in a try scoring scenario.

Knights still have themselves to blame for blowing an 18 point lead, especially since they score from the penalty, but you'd have to think the Dragons don't start the second half as strong with only 12 on the field.

At least their players are having a go.

Also, along with the Moga rumours, Ese Ese rumoured to be going to the Knights as well. He's been really good for the Broncos this year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Herman is a really good signing. Was hoping for an older prop but no one wants to sign, so why not sign a younger gun one. SKD has signed. Should be playing for newie in the next week or 2.
    Moga apparently a done deal but the reported money is pretty stupid. I guess that's what we have to pay to get an average first grader to sign. Guerra deal done. Meh, would hate to know what he took to come to newie. He can be a good player, hopefully he finds some form in Newcastle.

Yeah I agree mate, was a pretty obvious sin bin. He doesn't knock it on if he doesn't get grabbed so it should have been a bin.

Newie shat the bed in the second half. Feeney is the worst player in the NRL and proved it again last night. Far out he is just a bad first grade player. I cant fathom why we are continuing to play him, would literally be better off playing with another forward or chuck Randall there or something, at least he can tackle. Or just bite the bullet and play hodkinson.

Newie showed some glimpses yesterday albeit against bad D in the first half. As soon as some resistance was applied, newie crumbled.

We were once again on the back end of either a bad call, didn't get the 50/50s or both. In yesterday's case, both. You rarely if ever see the top teams getting bad calls or no 50/50s every single week, yet newie cop them.

Fuck me the dragons throw some forward passes too
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Did you say "Herman" because you couldn't be bothered to research how many "e's" and apostrophes there were in his surname?

I know I did.

Great signing for Newcastle. I'm unhappy we lost him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Absolutely mate! lol

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 pm