NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 10 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey Pieman - got a scoop for you.

Fensom isn't a done deal, but you may just end up with ET.
    Tigers not re-signing ET, targeting Fensom & Vaughn
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:33 pm

No Worries wrote:Hey Pieman - got a scoop for you.

Vaughan would give us a bit of grunt.  Would defs prefer ET over Fensom, but wouldn't complain if we at least end up with one of them.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Knights are trying for Vaughan, Rhino and Luke Douglas. Of those I'd only want Vaughan.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:48 pm

No Worries wrote:Hey Pieman - got a scoop for you.

Thanks Moley

If I had a choice out of them I would prefer ET and Vaugn. Fensom, yeh alright he tackles a lot but thats about it. Taylor has a bit off attack in him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:16 pm

So Mullen at hooker hey... didnt see that coming.
    He played well there yesterday but looked absolutely rooted at stages, which is pretty understandable considering how much footy he has missed this year and that he usually makes 15 tackles not 30.

Will be interesting to see what they do with it. I can see them starting mullen at hooker replacing him with levi through the game.

From an injury standpoint, it might actually help him. Less explosive running, which will help his dodgy hammies.

Who plays 6 if he plays hooker? My god I hope its not Feeney, hes garbage and possibly has a worse haircut than mamo..... possibly.

I hope we sign kostjason or how ever u spell it. He starts at hooker and the problem is kinda solved..

I fucking wish we never signed Hodkinson. I hated it when we did it and still do. The bloke just is not worth the kind of money he is on. He is always a 6.5/10. Always. SUCH a bad signing.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:32 am

So we have signed Kostjasyn .. I assume he starts at hooker with Levi on the bench and mullen goes back to 6.

Also,

Dear Newcastle,

Please fucking sign Kaylen Ponga. Throw the fucking chequebook at him. I dont care if he is 18, Fuck hokdinson off, let him go to the dragons and give Ponga every cent of hodkinson's money, more if you have to.

I dont care if you have to let the entire roster walk, fucking sign that kid right now.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:47 am

Pieman wrote:So we have signed Kostjasyn .. I assume he starts at hooker with Levi on the bench and mullen goes back to 6.

Also,

Dear Newcastle,

Please fucking sign Kaylen Ponga. Throw the fucking chequebook at him. I dont care if he is 18, Fuck hokdinson off, let him go to the dragons and give Ponga every cent of hodkinson's money, more if you have to.

I dont care if you have to let the entire roster walk, fucking sign that kid right now.

Is that you Tinkler?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:06 pm

I said Kaylen Ponga, not an OK prop in Snowden.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:53 pm

I remember playing Indoor Cricket as a 18 year old kid, and our team worked it's way up to A Grade pretty quickly. Where we got thrashed by the big boys horrendously, and without mercy. One day, one of the old firm actually said "you've all got talent - pick up your bottom lips, stop sulking, and get into it. You're in A Grade, act like it".

Sort of a tough love speech, and it worked, and we got competitive quickly.

Everyone's saying the knights are basket cases, but you've had a heap of young fellas forced onto the big stage early, with no where to hide. The stage fright is going to wear off quickly, and I honestly think it's possible to have a quantum leap in performance next season - not the season after.

The young guys are going to be battle tested veterans a lot younger than a system-driven outfit like the Broncos, where they hide the young fellas as much as possible. Having them come through together with a large proportion of them of a similar age and experience will hopefully form a core group of players that they can draw on in the long term.

Good luck next year fellas. Newcastle have always been firmly in my "Clubs I Don't Hate" column Smile

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:38 pm

good post mate, and I do think the worst times are behind us... but the thing is - you get blokes like the saifiti bros who by the end of next year if they stay fit - will have played roughly 45FG games. Thats right about the time when they are hitting their straps and a side like the roosters poach them.

Let the non glamour club develop them then when they are ready or Almost ready, we will pinch them"
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:14 am

Pieman wrote:good post mate, and I do think the worst times are behind us... but the thing is - you get blokes like the saifiti bros who by the end of next year if they stay fit - will have played roughly 45FG games. Thats right about the time when they are hitting their straps and a side like the roosters poach them.

Let the non glamour club develop them then when they are ready or Almost ready, we will pinch them"
    Paying overs for guys like Ponga is going to help you retain the others how?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:49 am

Pieman wrote:good post mate, and I do think the worst times are behind us... but the thing is - you get blokes like the saifiti bros who by the end of next year if they stay fit - will have played roughly 45FG games. Thats right about the time when they are hitting their straps and a side like the roosters poach them.

That's the pitfall. You might lose a few, but if the effort is made to instill that pride in the club now, letting the guys know they aren't just a stepping stone to getting better players into the club, the belief will hopefully follow!

Dare I say it? A little bit of the Manly "fortress" mentality? I'd love to see a bit of fire in the eyes, not resignation.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:59 am

Krump wrote:
    Paying overs for guys like Ponga is going to help you retain the others how?

Because good players want to play with good players? Having good players attracts more sponsors fans etc and ultimately brings success.

My post wasnt a follow up from my original mate, was just a comment on what actually happens - all clubs do it tho

All these young blokes will have played 50 odd games or more by the time they are in their early - mid 20s, so one would think that if they stick around they will find some more success in the not too distant future.
    I just hope we dont pay 400k or something for Greg Bird and therefore we lose one of the young good guys. I would rather come last for the next 2 years and keep the good young guys than come 12th then lose the young guys because we have to pay Rory Kostjasyn and Greg Bird

Also, its reported that Gagai is on 500k. Now Gagai is a very good player, he is easily newcastles best outside back and gives his all every week but we cant afford to pay that kind of cash to a centre - Unless he develops a passing game and can play fullback, I reckon he is gone at the end of his contract unless he takes a pay cut

Personally, I reckon when rebuilding a team - centres are prob the last position the coach would worry about
    I am hoping we get luke doglas and or paul vaughn

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:17 pm

500k ain't what it used to be.....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Pleas mate, how many other centres in the league are on 500k?

These days you simply just cant have money like that tied up in a centre unless they can win you games like Hodges or GI
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Don't butter me up giving respect to Hodges Wink

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:43 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Don't butter me up giving respect to Hodges Wink

Came across as a total cunt but was a good player
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:36 pm

I really like the signing of Kostjasyn for you guys. HOK has been a position that you guys have sort of struggled and he is a solid player. Not necessarily a game changing player, but certainly one that won't let you guys down.

Also Gagai is on $600k Sauce.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Don't butter me up giving respect to Hodges Wink

lol!

Bloke was a fuckstick.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:55 am

Pieman wrote:Pleas mate, how many other centres in the league are on 500k?

These days you simply just cant have money like that tied up in a centre unless they can win you games like Hodges or GI

Deadset you are all over the shop Pieman.

On one hand you want to throw the chequebook at an untested rookie and then you are concerned about paying $500k for a SOO player??

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm