NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Pieman
    Pieman

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Totally agree.
    Bird will be injured/suspended half the time and cost more prob.

I do think Ethan Lowe has a bit of that tariq sims about him - Brilliant running off JT but would be average running off Hodkinson.

The main thing with bird is he from the area originally, his Wife is from Newcastle, his wife is also Robbie Rochow's sister, bird is good mates with him, and he is prob not really wanted by the titans any more.

If signing bird means we keep Rochow, then sweet, put him on a two year deal max.

As far as the Panthers go, surely words have to be said about their cap situation soon too. They seem to be buying everyone these days.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

He is injured at the moment but I would love to see Carlin Anderson get a gig at any NRL club over the next year or two. He is not the finished product just yet but the potential is there.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 pm

yeah i'd be hesitant to pay ethan lowe, he is an awesome situation atm, does a great job part of that system, pay him big bucks in a poor team and he'll struggle massively

knights should keep ross, don't get me wrong, the fact that he is 27 and has played 17 FG games says a bit about his talent but he has a go every week and its the type of player the knights just need to keep in this situation, you can tell he is fan fav too

bird would be infinitely better then jeremy smith has been for the last few years, i think he'd be an ok signing

Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Suspensions aside, I reckon Bird has been good for everyone he has played for, both in Australia and England. He'd be fine. Agree with Lowe. I think he'd be better than Tariq because at least he tackles, but you're not going to get any attack out of him in that system. In fact you probably need to stay a bit clear of players who are line runners as there is no-one to put doubt into the defensive line to put him through them.

Won't get them, but someone like Peachey or Cartwright would be great. I actually reckon someone like Soward would be a good cheap pickup. At least with Hodko and Soward in the halves the game management and kicking game should be okay. You don't have much ball playing ability, but giving early ball to someone like Gagai, and if you can get someone like Peachey or Cartwright, you start being semi dangerous. From the Broncos, someone like Reed or Glenn would be good pick ups. Bakuya would be great. Michael Gordon would be solid. Do a few signings like that and it's starting to look like Cronulla a few years ago, who even when they were losing generally weren't getting flogged. Build a couple more attacking weapons over the next couple of years with a couple of good signings, and things start looking okay.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Ive just had a lightbulb moment.

Sign Valentine Holmes.
    Throw some big money at him.
    He gets to play fullback, which is his best position. He's young, he is a big name and he is off contract at the end of next year - so is a slight chance.

They could sign Lewis and Holmes from the sharks.
    Bird too.

Thats a back row of Rochow, Bird, Lewis - if they can stay fit thats pretty great.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 pm

We're looking at signing David Fifita, his family want him back in Australia ASAP. I'd be happy with that.

Also Tim Browne is being looked at and Sam Moa has been mentioned but would need to drop his asking price, which won't happen he could go back to the ESL and earn a ton.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Honeysett wrote:We're looking at signing David Fifita, his family want him back in Australia ASAP. I'd be happy with that.

Also Tim Browne is being looked at and Sam Moa has been mentioned but would need to drop his asking price, which won't happen he could go back to the ESL and earn a ton.
    Good stuff. Said ages ago that the Knights should look at signing Fifita and Moa. Hope you get them both
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Bren wrote:
    Good stuff. Said ages ago that the Knights should look at signing Fifita and Moa. Hope you get them both

I'd love to get them both, we'll probably end up with Daniel Fajita and Ha Waii though knowing our genius board.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I'd love to get them both, we'll probably end up with Daniel Fajita and Ha Waii though knowing our genius board.
    lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Honeysett wrote:We're looking at signing David Fifita, his family want him back in Australia ASAP. I'd be happy with that.

Would absolutely love it if we signed both of them, Browne in particular.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Pieman wrote:

Would absolutely love it if we signed both of them, Browne in particular.

Yeah, I like Browne as well, fucking big lump of a bloke with a bit of skill and can play decent minutes, he just doesn't get the chance to that often.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:26 am

Hey @yourname - got a couple of Lurker belters for ya that he has taken from here. Fox sports did too.

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 7 File_010
    2019 NIB Knights  - Page 7 File_010

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stars-on-newcastle-knights-hitlist-roosters-next-recruitment-target--nrl-market-watch/news-story/fe821f61db1a3cb4d60ff90956898662

Literally the only thing I can find about the Knights being interested in holmes was my post on it from the 16th haha

So either the knights Read my post and decided to chase Holmes
    Or fox read my post and decided the knights were chasing holmes, then luker reproduced it
    Or its just a massive coincidence

too funny
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:31 am

SI wrote:

Yeah, I like Browne as well, fucking big lump of a bloke with a bit of skill and can play decent minutes, he just doesn't get the chance to that often.

me and pieman have discussed browne > knights before i think, they're finially catching on

always does his job for us, he just behind alot of props so doesn't get much of a run

i'd also be very wary of moa, he has been a plodder this year, still a professional but he is getting tackled rather easily this year, no longer proving hard to bring down. still worth a go for newy but has to be at the right price
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:54 am

Yeah Moa IMO is no better than any of the blokes we have at the moment.
    Hes getting on a bit and definitely does not have that impact he had when they won the comp.

If you could get him for like 150k tho he might be good.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Pieman wrote:Hey @yourname - got a couple of Lurker belters for ya that he has taken from here. Fox sports did too.

Literally the only thing I can find about the Knights being interested in holmes was my post on it from the 16th haha

So either the knights Read my post and decided to chase Holmes
    Or fox read my post and decided the knights were chasing holmes, then luker reproduced it
    Or its just a massive coincidence

too funny

Nice work Moley Trophy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Your Name wrote:

Nice work Moley Trophy

Thanks Lurk
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:15 am

Whats doing with Tui Lolohea on the bench at the Warriors?
    With RTS coming back next year, he wont be getting at start on the wing or at fullback it seems.
    Unless he plays 6 next year he may be on the outer.

Would love for Newcastle to chase this bloke for our fullback next season, hes a gun IMO.
    Odd hes not getting a run at the Warriors.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:00 am

McFadden came out with some excuse that his back 3 were big blokes and making yards and in the conditions that's what they needed.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:19 am

No Worries wrote:McFadden came out with some excuse that his back 3 were big blokes and making yards and in the conditions that's what they needed.

Did he? Thats odd considering Lolohea is quite a strong runner of the ball. You dont see Bellamey dropping slater when its wet or what ever.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:27 am

Pieman wrote:Whats doing with Tui Lolohea on the bench at the Warriors?
    With RTS coming back next year, he wont be getting at start on the wing or at fullback it seems.
    Unless he plays 6 next year he may be on the outer.

Would love for Newcastle to chase this bloke for our fullback next season, hes a gun IMO.
    Odd hes not getting a run at the Warriors.

I agree, though I think McFadden will be the first to lose his spot at the Warriors between him and Lolehea.

I just can't understand it. With RTS injured if you ask who is the best player in the backline, it's clearly SJ. If you ask who is then the second best, I reckon most people would say it's Lolehea.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm