NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:37 am

Bren wrote:

So its TLW this year?

Pretty sure it officially changed last year when the NRL took control of announcing team lists. Supposedly everyone has to have them in by 5pm Tuesday (NSW time) and aren't allowed to announce till NRL announce all teams at once, but some usually leak via twitter before hand
    Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:40 am

White Lightning wrote:With the Titans back row looking like Taia, McQueen & Bird I'm thinking Taia & McQueen will play 80 with Bird getting a rest. I can see the Titans doing a lot of defence so both Taia & McQueen could get good tackle counts with 40+ tackles easily a game. With McQueen being 52k cheaper he could be a great pod. Thoughts.

Taia i think could go very well, he was brilliant for Catalans and has the attacking game where he could bust out some half decent scores but he is priced awkwardly, you can get Bryce for the same $$$

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 am

Back to Packer, he will 100% be in the 17 and will play 35-45 each week. At full strength i see

Cooper Rein Packer
    Frizell Thompson
    AhMau

JDB
    Creagh
    Masoe
    Utility player??

For me it came down to Lawrence or Packer as my 3rd FRer, will make finally decision after trials
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:58 am

My Latest team

Seggy Peats
    Woods Fifita Lawrence CWN
    WGraham Surgess Rochow MCK Bateman Bhana
    DCE Koirsau Hastings Taylor
    Hurrell Gutherson Henry Avau
    Ferguson Copley Gordon Hawkins CMatiuatua

So maybe Lawrence to Packer and could also go Gordon to Mansour
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:09 am

Shanbon wrote:My Latest team

Seggy Peats

Great side Shanbon. I like the W. Graham & Koroisau picks but aren't you worried about Koroisau's minutes with Parcell there. Also who's CWN.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:13 am

Shanbon wrote:My Latest team

Seggy Peats

great hooking combo

Woods is a great pick, nothing needs to be said about Fifita mate. If Lawrence is named he is in my team
    Like the Graham pick, could be a POD to start the season, Bhana a smokie to get on that knights bench
    Not sure on Korisau mate, if he is named in the half will you still pick him or is that based on him being named at HK?
    Nice back line and something have been tinkering with dropping my 3rd mid ranger for a cheapie to strenghen in the pack

good team Shanbon, would prefer JRey over koroisau i think the extra $40k could be usefull as well mate
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:17 am

Latest drafts shows I'm currently in a fuck the CTRS mindset!

Smith, Seg
    Woods, Graham, Snowden, Lawrence
    Merrin, Ah Mau, Rochow, Welch, Bhana, Nuffie
    DCE, JReynolds, Hastings, Taylor
    Copley, Auva'a, Henry, MCK
    Gordon, Mansour, Gutherson, Nuffie, Nuffie
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:49 am

Korisau is in my team because i think he'll be an 80min hooker, not sure Parcell will be on the bench he is injury cover i reckon. If im wrong he is any easy swap before round 1 though.

When he starts at hooker and plays more then 60min he avgs 52.

CWN is that big Melbourne frontrower played a couple of times last year, he is really just a place holder until someone appears at a rookie price likely to be in a 17, same for a few guys like Bhana

Last edited by Shanbon on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:51 am

Anyone concerned that the tension between Griffen & Segeyaro may effect his performance/minutes ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:09 am

Your Name wrote:Anyone concerned that the tension between Griffen & Segeyaro may effect his performance/minutes ?
    Are you being obscure deliberately? I thought the only issue was Wallace?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 am

Anyone considering Isaac Luke?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:21 am

Krump wrote:
    Are you being obscure deliberately? I thought the only issue was Wallace?

Moley reporting everything isn't roses
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:33 am

This is from the Lurker. Not sure if its BS??? I always thought Seggy was quite a humble switched on type of guy, so not sure where this has come from??? Anyway its info floating around so make what you will of it

Tension at the foot of the mountains

It’s been a long, hot summer out Penrith way and I’m hearing there has been more than a touch of tension in the ranks of new coach Anthony Griffin.

One player who has particularly ruffled Griffin’s feathers is classy hooker James Segayaro, who only last week became an Australian citizen.

But Griffin hasn’t been happy with the former Cowboy star’s application to training and off field behaviour and the pair have had words more than once.

I’m also hearing several team-mates have tried to pull Segayaro into line and get his head back in the right space.

It has been a rocky start between the coach and star playmaker - but it’s also fixable and the problem surfaced early enough in the year to be resolved by kickoff time.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:49 am

Isnt Griffin known for holding a grudge as well?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:52 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Anyone considering Isaac Luke?

I wasnt as ive had him the last few years and ive had enough of his suspensions, penalties and job sharing. Im hearing real positive signs about the culture at the warriors this year and what Jim Doyle is trying to implement within the playing group......and yes he is also "training the house down".He is going over there as one of the leaders and with the culture they are trying to create at the club he may be a great pickup if he just changes a few things in his game and of course if he gets 80? Ive been burnt by him, so im weary but he has come back into my calculations. Do people think he will play 80?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:56 am

Looked at him as a bit of a POD but his suspensipn history as well as adjusting to a new team led me think it was just easier to pay the extra cash and get someone more reliable
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:58 am

Scouter wrote:Isnt Griffin known for holding a grudge as well?

Ive heard that. Maybe the lurker is posting this BS so he can get Seggy ownership under 10percent so hes a POD for his own team
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:59 am

Bullbender wrote:

I wasnt as ive had him the last few years and ive had enough of his suspensions, penalties and job sharing. Im hearing real positive signs about the culture at the warriors this year and what Jim Doyle is trying to implement within the playing group......and yes he is also "training the house down".He is going over there as one of the leaders and with the culture they are trying to create at the club he may be a great pickup if he just changes a few things in his game and of course if he gets 80? Ive been burnt by him, so im weary but he has come back into my calculations. Do people think he will play 80?

I assume Leulaui will be on the bench, although that's been debated a lot around the traps. Unless Lolohea ends up as the bench utility with the rationale that Robson moves to hooker if Luke gets injured during a game.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:01 am

Your Name wrote:

Moley reporting everything isn't roses
    Are Moley and the lurker one in the same? Moley has a similar strike rate to George Rose scoring tries
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

SI wrote:

I assume Leulaui will be on the bench, although that's been debated a lot around the traps.  Unless Lolohea ends up as the bench utility with the rationale that Robson moves to hooker if Luke gets injured during a game.

Exactly. Plenty of options there to make it a bit of a lottery. Team lists will make it a little clearer but i cant see him playing 80. Especially from the get go.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:05 pm