NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Share
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:41 am

    So Foran's severance payout is not included in next seasons cap... wtf.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 482
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by dasherhalo on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:15 pm

    Not sure how it works. But surely if he signs somewhere else, they can't just ignore previous contracts??
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:41 pm

    my thoughts would be that if the contract is severed, its irrelevant.
    The only way it would effect him later is if the Eels had clauses that he couldnt sign elsewhere until the contract was up.

    But it seems like they are just happy to pay him a small portion of the contract to see the back of him and his gambling/alcohol and possible match fixing issues

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:06 pm

    @Pieman wrote:my thoughts would be that if the contract is severed, its irrelevant.
    The only way it would effect him later is if the Eels had clauses that he couldnt sign elsewhere until the contract was up.

    But it seems like they are just happy to pay him a small portion of the contract to see the back of him and his gambling/alcohol and possible match fixing issues

    Possible match fixing issues? Link? Might need to update the thread title.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:32 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Possible match fixing issues? Link? Might need to update the thread title.

    Really?
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge he is rumoured to be one of the blokes involved in the match fixing scam from his time at manly

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:41 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    Really?
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge he is rumoured to be one of the blokes involved in the match fixing scam from his time at manly

    Oh so it is rumoured and hasn't been confirmed or denied? So basically he is innocent until proven guilty yeah? Unless you can provide a link or evidence that shows he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt? Cheers.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:24 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Oh so it is rumoured and hasn't been confirmed or denied? So basically he is innocent until proven guilty yeah? Unless you can provide a link or evidence that shows he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt? Cheers.

    Yes mate, thats why I said POSSIBLE match fixing issues.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:57 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Yes mate, thats why I said POSSIBLE match fixing issues.
    Any POSSIBLE link or evidence? I havent read anything about it, would like to have a geez. Cheers.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:09 am

    Bren wrote:
    Any POSSIBLE link or evidence? I havent read anything about it, would like to have a geez. Cheers.

    google "foran match fixing"
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3456
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by No Worries on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:55 am

    Hyping re-signing Corey Norman shows how bad things are.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:14 pm

    @No Worries wrote:Hyping re-signing Corey Norman shows how bad things are.

    Purely from a player perspective its pretty hypeable - but from a media perspective its pretty cringeworthy, lauding the signing of a guy who has made some pretty fucking bad choices recently lol
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3456
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 pm

    Anthony Watmough has had his insurance claim rejected by insurer QBE, citing that the injury is“pre-existing”. Parramatta will now be forced to pay out the remaining two-years of Watmough's contract.

    In a rare piece of good news for Parramatta, the NRL has confimed that Watmough's payout will not be included in their salary cap in 2017 and 2018, allowing the club to try and rebuild after a disaster 2016.

    The NRL are a fuckin joke. Cop a 12 competition point slap on the wrist and well back track on the rest.

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Ice on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:40 am

    @No Worries wrote:Anthony Watmough has had his insurance claim rejected by insurer QBE, citing that the injury is“pre-existing”. Parramatta will now be forced to pay out the remaining two-years of Watmough's contract.

    In a rare piece of good news for Parramatta, the NRL has confimed that Watmough's payout will not be included in their salary cap in 2017 and 2018, allowing the club to try and rebuild after a disaster 2016.

    The NRL are a fuckin joke. Cop a 12 competition point slap on the wrist and well back track on the rest.

    12 points or 24 points, it's irrelevant. The point of the punishment was to rub us out for the year so we wouldn't make the finals and make us lose a stack of players, more than the Bulldogs or the storm suffered and they have done that. It's hardly a slap on the wrist to have lost the calibre of players we have lost and/or missed out on signing.

    Everyone just needs to get over it now and move on.
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 482
    Reputation : 108
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by dasherhalo on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 am

    Judging by how often the Storm cap cheating gets brought up still, I think you're going to be unhappy if you think this is "going away" any time soon, Ice!

    I don't see why it's a "win" for Parra though - surely if he's been medically retired (regardless of the insurance aspect), isn't there some mechanism to have his contract annulled in some way?

    Ice

    Posts : 871
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Ice on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:07 am

    @dasherhalo wrote:Judging by how often the Storm cap cheating gets brought up still, I think you're going to be unhappy if you think this is "going away" any time soon, Ice!

    I don't see why it's a "win" for Parra though - surely if he's been medically retired (regardless of the insurance aspect), isn't there some mechanism to have his contract annulled in some way?

    Yeah, I don't suspect it will go away, but I think we've copped a fair punishment and certainly don't think the latest on Watmough is in any way a win.

    Dip

    Posts : 1280
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Dip on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 am

    Surely the NRL not including Watmough's payout is them saying "for fucks say, The clubs supporters have been through enough because of how stupid they previous administrators were. Let's throw a dog a bone for a change". Personally I think everybody pretty much agrees with this as well. Though I am sure that if The Broncos or storm or roosters signed up Sonny Bill Williams, next year, And in the first game he had to retire after shattering his Achilles heel again, a fair slab of this forum would be calling for his salary to being included in the cap for the rest of his contract.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:39 am

    @Ice wrote:

    Yeah, I don't suspect it will go away, but I think we've copped a fair punishment and certainly don't think the latest on Watmough is in any way a win.
    Are you serious? Take off your goggles and have a good look around. Watmoughs salary not being included in the cap is a MASSIVE win for the Eels. MASSIVE.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:57 am

    Bren wrote:
    Are you serious? Take off your goggles and have a good look around. Watmoughs salary not being included in the cap is a MASSIVE win for the Eels. MASSIVE.
    exactly
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3456
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by No Worries on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:11 am

    @Ice wrote:

    12 points or 24 points, it's irrelevant. The point of the punishment was to rub us out for the year so we wouldn't make the finals and make us lose a stack of players, more than the Bulldogs or the storm suffered and they have done that. It's hardly a slap on the wrist to have lost the calibre of players we have lost and/or missed out on signing.

    Everyone just needs to get over it now and move on.

    Who did you lose as a result of rorting the salary cap ? Peats ??
    Missed out on signing ? Nobody.
    Money being paid to players in 2017 not included in the cap is over a million dollars. Isn't that how much they were rorting the cap by ? So your rubbed out of the finals for 1 year and allowed to continue to rort the cap. Melbourne should be seething.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2287
    Reputation : 197
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:19 am

    @No Worries wrote:

    Who did you lose as a result of rorting the salary cap ? Peats ??
    Missed out on signing ? Nobody.
    Money being paid to players in 2017 not included in the cap is over a million dollars. Isn't that how much they were rorting the cap by ? So your rubbed out of the finals for 1 year and allowed to continue to rort the cap. Melbourne should be seething.

    It prob cost them signing hayne - but still, I agree.
    Having payments exempt from the cap is basically just cap rorting with permission.
    If they were not in this situation (having systemically rorted, cheated, lied, done fucking dodgy shit for years) would the watmough payment have been exempt from the cap? Fuck no. They are being let off easily IMO.

    It will be interesting to see if Watmough actually retires now

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 am