NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

SI

Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by SI on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 am

Your Name wrote:It is partially a rehash. Parramatta seem to think they have done enough and it's unrealistic to have everything implemented by season kick off, which seems fair. But the underlying issue is the NRL want them to implement a 3 year board rotation where 1/3 of the board is up for re-election each year to provide more stability and stop all the factions and Parramatta doesn't want to implement it.

So what I read was that they had addressed/actioned around half of the 100 plus recommendations.  Maybe they attacked the easy ones first to get them out of the way.  I know I do that at work to let my State Manager know that I am getting into it and ticking off issues as fast as I can.  You would think the Board election issue waould have to be one of the hardest to deal with so maybe they need to be cut some slack.
    Krump

Post by Krump on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Your Name wrote:It is partially a rehash. Parramatta seem to think they have done enough and it's unrealistic to have everything implemented by season kick off, which seems fair. But the underlying issue is the NRL want them to implement a 3 year board rotation where 1/3 of the board is up for re-election each year to provide more stability and stop all the factions and Parramatta doesn't want to implement it.
    While it seems sensible wasn't the original issue about second tier cap breaches? Sounds like the NRL were just looking for an excuse and are now trying to strong arm them. The NRL appointed boards members at the Tigers don't seem to have achieved fuck all and the Titans are a complete rabble while the Eels seem to be on the improve. Hopefully they tell the NRL to shove it.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Krump wrote:
    While it seems sensible wasn't the original issue about second tier cap breaches? Sounds like the NRL were just looking for an excuse and are now trying to strong arm them. The NRL appointed boards members at the Tigers don't seem to have achieved fuck all and the Titans are a complete rabble while the Eels seem to be on the improve. Hopefully they tell the NRL to shove it.

Yep the 2nd tier cap breach copped a downgraded fine after some excuses, but the underlying issue was the board was a rabble with no structure and anyone was signing players to what ever they want contracts (kind of like the Tigers).

As for the league appointed boards they are doing exactly what the league want. Going along with everything they say and do, not rocking the boat and not saying a bad word against them. So when the media come knocking for their 12 out of 16 CEO's think ........ You know the 4 who think the league are the ducks nuts are the NRL affiliated boards.

When the draw was released Manly etc. were crying player welfare because they have 4 five day turn arounds. So do the Tigers and nothing was said. I asked a board member the question and got no response. They did however take the time to read my other recent social media postings and reply to ones they weren't sent. Go figure.
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:10 pm

I agree with what the Eels said about it. Currently they have enough problems with a vote every two years can you imagine the news and going ons if they had an election every year?

Either way the article is a bit of a beat up, the NRL would know any change like that needs to be voted in by leagues club members and that wouldnt be possible in under a month. Then what happens if the members knock it back? They penalise the NRL club?

Dip

Post by Dip on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:54 pm

I'd have thought a board rotation policy would need a change to the club's constitution, which would require a general meeting (either special or AGM) and member approval. The process for that can be reasonably time consuming.

Ice

Post by Ice on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Shanbon and DIp are spot on above. Would require member vote which they are unlikely to get across the line, and also, what an absurd suggestion, to increase the regularity of board votes to minimise disruption, it is totally lacking in logic. The best boards are the ones with long term stability. you don't get that with a third of them having to stand for re-election every 12 months.

I'll back us to avoid the spoon even if we do start with -4.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:52 am

So the rabble continues. Looks like it's a given that you will start -4. TPA agreements with companies providing services to the club. How stupid is management or do they just not care ???
    Krump

Post by Krump on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 am

Your Name wrote:So the rabble continues. Looks like it's a given that you will start -4. TPA agreements with companies providing services to the club. How stupid is management or do they just not care ???
    Congratulations to them for not selling their soul. If rosters are any indication they seem to be doing well enough at turning the club around without the NRL sticking their nose in.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am

Krump wrote:
    Congratulations to them for not selling their soul. If rosters are any indication they seem to be doing well enough at turning the club around without the NRL sticking their nose in.

They're either dumb management or Cumberland cheaters. Either way they're not competent.
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:06 pm

I doubt to much will come of it.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Shanbon wrote:I doubt to much will come of it.

Why ?
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:09 am

Now Peter Sharp comes out and says it wasn't intentional so it's OK. What a bunch of incompetent fucks. Ignorance is not bliss, you have a job to do and it.

Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Are you guys getting much value out of watmough,
    Despite all the hullabaloo at manly they did the right thing in getting rid of g Stewart and watmough, both have contributed little to the new clubs since leaving.
    Ironically though the decision by manly delivered foran to you guys.
    How long is left on watmoughs deal?
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

She's the go to barrister for players and doesn't tend to lose. The brothel that is Parramatta look to be in more trouble sooner rather than later.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/will-hopoate-saga-haunting-the-parramatta-eels/news-story/e79e2855405b4002f01d669c8ab0808e

Manboobs Habib

Post by Manboobs Habib on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 am

Sashamaloo wrote:Are you guys getting much value out of watmough,
    Despite all the hullabaloo at manly they did the right thing in getting rid of g Stewart and watmough, both have contributed little to the new clubs since leaving.
    Ironically though the decision by manly delivered foran to you guys.
    How long is left on watmoughs deal?

From a playing perspective, Watmough has been of very limited value. But as you point out, he likely played a key role in getting Foran to the club you'd think. He still has 2 years to run after 2016!! I think it's a fait accompli that he will not see out the full term of his contract. I think he will retire either at the end of this season, or perhaps even before the end of the season if he cops a medium/long term injury. I can see him taking up some token coaching role for 2017-2018 in order to get the $$'s he signed on for...

I think his signing was more about the attitude and the winning culture he came from and what he could impart on some of the younger blokes in the squad as opposed to what he would deliver on the field. He was still an Origin rep in 2014 but his form was declining rapidly when he signed for the Eels. I was never a huge fan of the signing initially, but it may turn out that he was a big part of the change in culture and fortunes at the club when we look back in a few years - assuming of course we don't go on to win the next 3 spoons!! In which case nothing has changed and Watmough might yet still be running around as captain in 2019 and beyond!

No Worries

Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Looking at Parramatta's mobile App it appears the decision to strip them of 6 competition points for breaching the salary cap has already been made. Either that or it's the surest thing since Fine Cotton.

Dip

Post by Dip on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Lol. I could be force of habit I guess...
    Random

Post by Random on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Betting agents still available? Lol.
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Is Tepai gonna keep Watmough on the bench? He looks fit as and beast-like this pre season
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:27 pm

You would think that at this stage in his career, Watmough is best suited to coming off the bench

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:09 am