NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Pieman wrote:Yeah he is doing a Tapine with him - but for totally different reasons.

I mean, the bloke is over paid and a shadow of his former self, but surely he offers more to the side than Jake Mamo or Corey Denniss?

I'd love for the Broncos to swoop in, get Bennett to sort the his head out and have Newcastle pay for half his contract while we are at it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'd love for the Broncos to swoop in, get Bennett to sort the his head out and have Newcastle pay for half his contract while we are at it.

He's a great winger if his head is right, his mistakes are always brought up but show me a winger that doesn't make a mistake here and there. It's because he's an enigma.

He does need to leave Newcastle though, his time has past him by with us.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:30 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Semi's brother (...in-law? cousin?) just came out and said he was off to rah-rah, after discussing it with his family.

That was just a pop-up story on one of my phone apps tracking NRL stories, but if it were true.... why the HELL does Parramatta make a statement just prior saying "it's all good maaaate"??

Sure - you look a little out of touch, or perhaps like you're hiding something by NOT making a statement, but at the end of the day, people are going to write those stories regardless of an official denial. So, why in hell would you put yourself in a position to look like massive clueless idiots if it does come out a few days later that he IS leaving?

Poor Parra. It was a little bit fun to watch them get bitch slapped over the salary cap (and who doesn't love a little bit of moral high-ground schadenfreude), but it's getting to the point where I'm starting to feel sorry for them. And that just ain't fun any more

What's the tracking app called?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Krump wrote:

Pretty sure it's called grindr or something like that.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Semi's brother (...in-law? cousin?) just came out
    Oz Sport Mad wrote:Pretty sure it's called grindr or something like that.

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 9 063d05dd163d80d8ba7a1847c694bca5b5c9f0a9b0b9a681eae0305a49a3f367
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Honeysett wrote:

He's a great winger if his head is right, his mistakes are always brought up but show me a winger that doesn't make a mistake here and there. It's because he's an enigma.

He does need to leave Newcastle though, his time has past him by with us.

I have this opinion that if wingers were better, they wouldn't be playing wing. It's why these days, most rep wingers are either the next best centres/fullbacks in their position that didn't get picked (think Boyd/Gagai/Tate/Ferguson etc) or young up and comers who will hopefully progress to centres/fullbacks/five-eighths (Kahu/RTS). It is rare that you will get a career winger who is an out and out superstar like Grothe Snr/Sailor/Tuqiri/Radradra. The point of this is that it's not Uate's fault he has been held out to be a superstar or saviour, because realistically, very few players have been from the wing. At club level, even when he was being destroyed in origin, he was still a very good club winger because he wasn't coming up against the better players (because they were playing centre or fullback) and instead some youngster on a low contract, or a career winger who is serviceable, but never close to the best player in their team (Birt/Perrett types).

Unfortunately for him that means he will never be a $500K player (and should never have been), and probably will only ever be a $250K player at most. That money needs to go to other positions. OSM talks about Bennett getting his head right, which might be right, but imagine what Bellamy could do with him in the Storm team with Uate's skill set and Bellamy's history of making okay players look like superstars. See what has happened to outside backs like Koribete, Morgan, Blair, Mann, Waqa etc compared to when they were at other clubs. Uate might still be a chance of getting the big bucks by signing with the Storm for a couple of years then going for a Union contract.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:01 pm

I agree completely. Paying big money for a winger is brain dead.

Serviceable wingers that don't make mistakes and can do the hard yards.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Honeysett wrote:I agree completely. Paying big money for a winger is brain dead.

Serviceable wingers that don't make mistakes and can do the hard yards.

We'll give you Maranta then for Uate...
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Michael Gordon off to the roosters.

Can the last one out please turn off the lights?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Krump wrote:

League live. Like you cared Wink
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:50 am

dasherhalo wrote:

League live. Like you cared Wink
    Am I missing something?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:12 am

Krump wrote:
    Am I missing something?

You know, I thought it was Honeysett asking, I don't know why.

Carry on... nothing to see here! There may have been alcohol involved. That's usually what happens when I look back at a comment and think "wtf was I aiming for there??"

Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Dip wrote:

I have this opinion that if wingers were better, they wouldn't be playing wing. It's why these days, most rep wingers are either the next best centres/fullbacks in their position that didn't get picked (think Boyd/Gagai/Tate/Ferguson etc) or young up and comers who will hopefully progress to centres/fullbacks/five-eighths (Kahu/RTS). It is rare that you will get a career winger who is an out and out superstar like Grothe Snr/Sailor/Tuqiri/Radradra. The point of this is that it's not Uate's fault he has been held out to be a superstar or saviour, because realistically, very few players have been from the wing. At club level, even when he was being destroyed in origin, he was still a very good club winger because he wasn't coming up against the better players (because they were playing centre or fullback) and instead some youngster on a low contract, or a career winger who is serviceable, but never close to the best player in their team (Birt/Perrett types).

Unfortunately for him that means he will never be a $500K player (and should never have been), and probably will only ever be a $250K player at most. That money needs to go to other positions. OSM talks about Bennett getting his head right, which might be right, but imagine what Bellamy could do with him in the Storm team with Uate's skill set and Bellamy's history of making okay players look like superstars. See what has happened to outside backs like Koribete, Morgan, Blair, Mann, Waqa etc compared to when they were at other clubs.  Uate might still be a chance of getting the big bucks by signing with the Storm for a couple of years then going for a Union contract.

Re Bellamy turning them into superstars. I think that is one of the biggest myths ever. I think Cronk and Smith and to a lesser extent Slater are the ones turning these outside backs into regular first graders. Pick a player, any player that has gone to Melbourne and seemingly "turned their career around under Bellamy", now send that player back to the team from whence they came, and for good measure, send Smith and Cronk and maybe even Slater to that team also but leave Bellamy in Melbourne. Now tell me how the storm would be travelling and how the team those players went to are travelling.

Bellamy did a great job with developing Smith, Cronk and Slater, no arguments there, but the players played a massive part in their own fortunes too, lets not forget that, and i think thoe three now have more impact on Storm players than Bellamy does.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 am

Guess who wasn't at training this morning ?
    Seems like he's put noses out of joint, talk they will go after him for breach of contract to the tune of $700K. How do you sue a bloke for more than his contract ? Guess you count up all the medical and off field assistance you have given him and his (is she ex now) ?

Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Guess who's back? ROBSONs back!!! Gues who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back whoaaaaaooo!

I actually don't mind it, will take some pressure off Norman directing the team, allowing hi. To chime in with his brilliance, free Kenny up from the halves.

I've always said Robson is a frugal mans Foran!!
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Well he is one of only 2 Parramatta halfbacks to lead a team to the grand final in the last 30 seasons.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:09 am

Did Parra lose their points ? Just say a table that had them 14th on 10 points. Been in Melbourne and haven't logged in for days.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:46 am

Foran retiring effective immediately.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Krump wrote:Foran retiring effective immediately.
    WOW.

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Wonder how the NRL will handle this? Most of the 500k parra have to carry in 2017 cap for garunteed tpas were for Foran and Watmough both of who aren't there anymore after both walking away. That 500k is a pretty decent player.

Hayne might command 1mil but considering his profile pretty sure legal tpas of about 400k won't be hard to find. No club who signs him will put 1mil towards the cap

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 am