NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rugby League Rumours

Pieman
    Pieman

Rugby League Rumours  - Page 3 Empty Re: Rugby League Rumours

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Absolute gun and refreshing to see a young half with the testicular fortitude to call the shots and play what's in front of him....rather than just rolling out set plays based on what they've practiced at training.

About the only risk I can see is that every boofhead keeps calling him the next NSW half.....

You realise that you just described 90% of pearce's career right? "Get to the 40 then put up a bomb pearce." One of pearce's worst aspects has been his inability to play what is in front of him, ESPECIALLY in origin. You make these comments about Cleary, yet you are Pearce's biggest fan ... lolz.

What is the risk in saying - IF he continues to develop the way he has been, he will play for NSW ?? Its the truth.
    I think he has really benefited from not having an actual 6 outside him so far in his career too, he has been more in control than most rookie halves because he generally gets the ball when he calls for it.

Its odd that he wasnt really pumped up that much before coming into first grade - considering all the sucking off gus does of penrith players.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Pieman wrote:
    You realise that you just described 90% of pearce's career right? "Get to the 40 then put up a bomb pearce." One of pearce's worst aspects has been his inability to play what is in front of him, ESPECIALLY in origin. You make these comments about Cleary, yet you are Pearce's biggest fan ... lolz.

What is the risk in saying - IF he continues to develop the way he has been, he will play for NSW ?? Its the truth.
    I think he has really benefited from not having an actual 6 outside him so far in his career too, he has been more in control than most rookie halves because he generally gets the ball when he calls for it.

Its odd that he wasnt really pumped up that much before coming into first grade - considering all the sucking off gus does of penrith players.

You realise you are as dumb as dog shit right?
    Pearce plays a very similar game to Cleary in terms of reading the play and running or kicking the ball.
    In fact he also had very similar confidence as a young bloke too now I think of it - no wonder I like Cleary.

The risk is that the expectation exceeds and eventually overwhelms the young fella like so many others that desperate NSWelshman have latched on to.

I agree with your last comment though....but never fear Gus is making up for it now.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 am

Dip wrote:Left field but Ivan played and coached 9 seasons in NZ. Is it possible he's eligible for the Kiwi's as well?

i wondered the same and you'd think that option would have been there for him but played for junior kangaroos a couple of months ago, i think all indications are he will be eligible for NSW/Aust

good player, will be even better when penny play an actual half along side him as well. hope NSW don't make the mistake of throwing him in to early
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You realise you are as dumb as dog shit right?
    Pearce plays a very similar game to Cleary in terms of reading the play and running or kicking the ball.
    In fact he also had very similar confidence as a young bloke too now I think of it - no wonder I like Cleary.

The risk is that the expectation exceeds and eventually overwhelms the young fella like so many others that desperate NSWelshman have latched on to.

I agree with your last comment though....but never fear Gus is making up for it now.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no

their games are totally different. Cleary's game is calm and composed, with an excellent kicking game.
    The very last way to describe Pearce's game, is calm and composed - especially at origin level.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:05 am

But but but Luke Brooks is the next Andrew Johns...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:15 am

Bren wrote:But but but Luke Brooks is the next Andrew Johns...

Then maybe he should play for Newcastle

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:16 am

No Worries wrote:

Then maybe he should play for Newcastle

Wont be long until the rumours start Razz
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 am

He is prob on par with Hodkinson at this stage in both their careers..
    The only resemblance to Johns is his fat rear end.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Former NRL halfback Luke Walsh is set for a return when he links up with the Manly Sea Eagles in 2017!

Reports have surfaced that Israel Folau could return to the NRL for the 2017 season with Brisbane Broncos. The Broncos have cleared salary cap space for this with move with Corey Parker retiring, Jarrod Wallace signing with the Titans, Jack Reed likely to retire & Jordan Kahu rumoured to sign with the Warriros. The Brisbane Broncos have reportedly been holding secret meetings with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg. Greenberg is prepared to open his ‘war chest’ in order to lure Folau back to the game.

Knights are believed to have had talks of retaining out of favour Dragons Hooker Mitch Rein. It is reportedly that a 3-year-deal is on the table.

Nene Macdonald set to join the Dragons for season 2017.

Jamal Idris is set to make his NRL return in 2017 for the Canterbury Bulldogs, reports have Idris signing on a 2-year-deal, which almost confirms the departure of Tony Williams from the club.

The Warriors have set to sign Keiran Foran on a 1-year-deal with the Warriors reportedly set to announce the signing of Ex Parramatta and Manly star Kieran Foran for the 2017 season within the coming Days. The St George Dragons were believed to have tabled a massive offer, but Foran has decided to head home to New Zealand.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Anyone heard where Carlin Anderson is heading?
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:02 pm

The rumours I have heard is that McFadden will be sacked from the Warriors (no surprise). Maguire will be sacked from Souths and go to the Warriors. Cleary will coach Souths.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Lebbo73 wrote:The rumours I have heard is that McFadden will be sacked from the Warriors (no surprise). Maguire will be sacked from Souths and go to the Warriors. Cleary will coach Souths.

Guns don't kill people, Hillary does ? We really need a conspiracy thread. I need your help.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 am

I thought Greenberg came out and said they have canned the war chest

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:37 am

Shanbon wrote:I thought Greenberg came out and said they have canned the war chest

Yeah he probably used it to top up his salary.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:36 am

Shanbon wrote:I thought Greenberg came out and said they have canned the war chest

Didn't they use it to build the bunker ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:48 pm

So apparently Cook has asked for a release to join the Sharks. Would be a great signing for them.
    So is Cherrington a dud? The Sharks obviously dont see him as a starting hooker right away.

Cook is clearly at FG starting hooker standard who can pump out big minutes but a 1/2 punch of him and cherrington could be pretty good.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Cherrington doesn't even start for the Tigers NSW Cup team. I don't think he has progressed as people hoped he would
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Pieman wrote:So apparently Cook has asked for a release to join the Sharks. Would be a great signing for them.
    So is Cherrington a dud? The Sharks obviously dont see him as a starting hooker right away.

Cook is clearly at FG starting hooker standard who can pump out big minutes but a 1/2 punch of him and cherrington could be pretty good.

Cherrington looked pretty good, not sure what happened at the Tigers.  Maybe he didn't come on how they wanted but it's possible they made a choice between him and Liddle.

Same thing happened with Mullaney and Ted a few years ago.  Mullaney was killing it in 20's and I for one thought he was going to be a star-was filthy when they chose Ted to stay over him Embarassed .  I mean I'd actually not even heard of Tedesco back then.

Mind you, I'm not sure Cherrington will be a starting hooker any time soon, seems suited to that 15 each side of half time more.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 pm

iSIs wrote:
    Cherrington looked pretty good, not sure what happened at the Tigers.  Maybe he didn't come on how they wanted but it's possible they made a choice between him and Liddle.

Same thing happened with Mullaney and Ted a few years ago.  Mullaney was killing it in 20's and I for one thought he was going to be a star-was filthy when they chose Ted to stay over him Embarassed .  I mean I'd actually not even heard of Tedesco back then.

Mind you, I'm not sure Cherrington will be a starting hooker any time soon, seems suited to that 15 each side of half time more.

What you mean the Tigers actually made a correct recruitment choice this decade? That doesn't sound right. Surely when Mullaney left they had to pay 90% of his contract for the next 8 years or something.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I still maintain Mullaney is the better player...

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm