NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Dip

NSW Blues - Page 37 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Dip Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Moylan to 5/8 is asking for trouble if you ask me and achieves nothing as well. Hunt at 5/8 in origin with no experience there was a flop and he was a far better player than Moylan. Also with Cleary and a couple of other options at the Psnthers in the halves, it might still be a couple of years before he is there at club level.

Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Dip wrote:Moylan to 5/8 is asking for trouble if you ask me and achieves nothing as well. Hunt at 5/8 in origin with no experience there was a flop and he was a far better player than Moylan. Also with Cleary and a couple of other options at the Psnthers in the halves, it might still be a couple of years before he is there at club level.

I don't think it is that big an issue either way. What you are saying to the guy is we haven't dropped you cold, you are still a part of this Origin side and we see a future for you. That says more to him than playing a comping a loss will.

And in the absence of clearly superior options, ive got no issue with it. That said, id understand if they didn't do it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:51 pm

They have nothing to lose so why not try it.
    He wont be playing fullback for NSW any time soon too so chuck him in and see how he goes
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:19 pm

As a QLDer I would be extremely happy if they play either Moylan or JBird in the halves.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Pieman wrote:They have nothing to lose so why not try it.
    He wont be playing fullback for NSW any time soon too so chuck him in and see how he goes

Nothing other than the confidence of a young up and comer......
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Well, no it doesnt.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:As a QLDer I would be extremely happy if they play either Moylan or JBird in the halves.

Yeah but you're clearly a dribbling moron that wants nsw to pick pearce in the halves, so your opinion is completely irrelevant

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Moylan named as Reynolds replacement.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:As a QLDer I would be extremely happy if they play either Moylan or JBird in the halves.

And how will you feel when the Blues win with one of those two in the halves?? Cause that is what will transpire next Wednesday.

It shouldn't, given the experience of the two sides and records of the two sides at this level, the result shouldn't be much different than say if the Storm were to play the Roosters in their current form. It will be a HUGE upset if/when NSW win game 3.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Nothing other than the confidence of a young up and comer......

I don't think his confidence would have been harmed at all after his first two outings and unless Qld put 40 on us an he personally has a shocker, playing him will do nothing other than boost his confidence and compusre at this level for next year.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Ice wrote:

And how will you feel when the Blues win with one of those two in the halves?? Cause that is what will transpire next Wednesday.

It shouldn't, given the experience of the two sides and records of the two sides at this level, the result shouldn't be much different than say if the Storm were to play the Roosters in their current form. It will be a HUGE upset if/when NSW win game 3.
    Whoever NSW picks will be dropped next year anyway
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'd rather Jackson at lock or even Klemmer. Merrin hasn't impressed me for quite awhile.

Don't rate Jackson. Hrs just a better version of someone like Fensom. He can tackle but that's it. Would much rather someone like Merrin who offers some attacking plays to play off. Or if they persist with Cordner then Wade as a big ball playing lock. Could see Bird being transformed to a similar role in the future
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Ice wrote:

This is what I keep saying.
    NSW winning in 2014 is the greatest upset of all time in Rugby League.
    They beat the best team ever with fucking Josh Reynolds in the team.
    Completely under rated.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Pieman wrote:

This is what I keep saying.
    NSW winning in 2014 is the greatest upset of all time in Rugby League.
    They beat the best team ever with fucking Josh Reynolds in the team.
    Completely under rated.
    Correction. Hodkinson beat DCE. Definitely not the greatest upset of all time.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Bren wrote:

Agreed! With hayne in the 1 for the whole series, as Id said for years, we were absolute morals and would have won that series regardless of who else might have played for the Blues.

Either that, or it Was the biggest upset of all time, akin to the Washington Generals beating the Globetrotters.

Either or
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Bren wrote:

For a game and half..?
    Did Smith Slater and Thurston play? Inglis and Hodges?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 am

there is no other NSW halve who offers something for the future playing well enough to get the spot. so it either came down to picking an inform player who probably won't feature in the future (townsend, jrey) or bring in moylan and just have guys in moylan and bird soaking up the experience and hopefully getting better for it (i think we'll be competitive, i'm not worried about a confidence destroying humiliation that would be possible at suncorp, we'll be in the game )

won tickets to the game, getting my mum to look after the little one and going to my 5th game, hopefully i continue to be a good omen.

my previous 4, all memorable games:

Timmins field goal
    Freddy last game
    Joey Return
    Gallen Punch and a game 1 Win
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

but re moylan, looking at the funny side

there are 7 NSW players who have played more nrl games in the halves then moylan

Maloney
    Bird
    Farah
    Dugan
    Graham
    Gallen
    Jackson

lol

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

leaguegod wrote:there is no other NSW halve who offers something for the future playing well enough to get the spot. so it either came down to picking an inform player who probably won't feature in the future (townsend, jrey) or bring in moylan and just have guys in moylan and bird soaking up the experience and hopefully getting better for it (i think we'll be competitive, i'm not worried about a confidence destroying humiliation that would be possible at suncorp, we'll be in the game )

won tickets to the game, getting my mum to look after the little one and going to my 5th game, hopefully i continue to be a good omen.

my previous 4, all memorable games:

Timmins field goal
    Freddy last game
    Joey Return
    Gallen Punch and a game 1 Win
    You mean when Myles headbutt Gallens fist and Gallen still cried? lol!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:39 am

wouldn't have been the first time myles used his head illegally Neutral

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am