NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Draft Game 2016 v1

    Share

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:28 pm

    @Disruptive Trolling wrote:
    @Bren wrote:
    The only time you will be getting first pick is from your own nose.

    Please don't bully me. 

    Check page 1. I was given the first pick.
    Where?

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:28 pm

    @SI wrote:
    I took you off the list because you said you can't wait till then.

    Why the long wait? 

    Will I be getting suspended on that day?

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:29 pm

    @SI wrote:
    Where?

    Looks like you said there was a possiblity. My mistake.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:32 pm

    @Disruptive Trolling wrote:
    @SI wrote:
    I took you off the list because you said you can't wait till then.

    Why the long wait? 

    Will I be getting suspended on that day?
    The long wait is because that's when I know I will be ready to start it.  It also gives the less active posters a chance to see the thread.

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 pm

    @SI wrote:
    The long wait is because that's when I know I will be ready to start it.  It also gives the less active posters a chance to see the thread.

    Ok.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-17

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Bren on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:34 pm

    @Disruptive Trolling wrote:

    Please don't bully me. 

    Check page 1. I was given the first pick.
    No you werent. SI said it might be a possibility (note - random chance). You arent even playing now so it doesnt matter.

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:35 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    No you werent. SI said it might be a possibility  (note - random chance). You arent even playing now so it doesnt matter.

    I am playing. And I admitted my mistake on the previous page. 

    Are you running the game? If not, just keep your opinions to yourself.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-17

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Bren on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 pm

    @Disruptive Trolling wrote:

    I am playing. And I admitted my mistake on the previous page.

    Thats good. Im glad you fixed your mistake. Well done.

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4927
    Reputation : 406
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Welshy on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:35 am

    sorry lads what is the specified time? need to make sure I'm awake to participate fully haha

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3122
    Reputation : 260
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Random on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:37 am

    We are looking at 6hrs - 12hrs to make your pick so you will certainly have time.

    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4927
    Reputation : 406
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Welshy on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 am

    @Random wrote:We are looking at 6hrs - 12hrs to make your pick so you will certainly have time.

    cheers mate!

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:03 pm

    You can also send a list of pre picks in to someone to draft for you as soon as your turn comes around again. That will mean you don't miss out and can keep the draft rolling.

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:32 pm

    @SI wrote:You can also send a list of pre picks in to someone to draft for you as soon as your turn comes around again.  That will mean you don't miss out and can keep the draft rolling.

    Perhaps you can decide the draft order now so I can do the relevant research?

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 pm

    I will leave the noms open till Monday night in case there are 1 or 2 posters who haven't seen this yet. Then we need to discuss the rules and draft order so that we are all on the same page before it kicks off.

    The simplest way to get the draft order is for me to pull names out of a hat. What sometimes happens after draft orders are announced though is people get a little dirty about copping the last pick. If people are not comfortable with me drawing it out of a hat, then maybe we can get a non-playing poster to do it. If anyone has any other suggestions then put them in here.

    I think majority rules should be employed when discussing the rules. Getting 100% agreement is unrealistic on everything but if we can get the majority happy then that is normally a fair reflection of what will work.

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:17 pm

    @SI wrote:I will leave the noms open till Monday night in case there are 1 or 2 posters who haven't seen this yet.  Then we need to discuss the rules and draft order so that we are all on the same page before it kicks off.

    The simplest way to get the draft order is for me to pull names out of a hat.  What sometimes happens after draft orders are announced though is people get a little dirty about copping the last pick.  If people are not comfortable with me drawing it out of a hat, then maybe we can get a non-playing poster to do it.  If anyone has any other suggestions then put them in here.

    I think majority rules should be employed when discussing the rules.  Getting 100% agreement is unrealistic on everything but if we can get the majority happy then that is normally a fair reflection of what will work.

    If you have the last pick you get 2 picks in a row.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:21 pm

    I have never worried about where I end up in a draft order personally (although have never played in a draft with more than 8 positions). I think people feel like the genuine champion players are gone in the first 4 or 5 picks but they forget that as number 1 or 2 pick that you have another 15 or 16 players gone by the time it gets back to you.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-17

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Bren on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 am

    My first pick will be either Roberts or Milford.

    quicksand

    Posts : 183
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2015-09-26
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by quicksand on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 am

    What kind of hat do you wear SI ?
    Bonnet or Bowler hat ?






    This is important as it impacts how the names will come out !! lol!

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by SI on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 am

    Updated list:

    Standard
    Random
    Bren
    Disruptive Trolling
    Beast
    Welshy
    qs
    Krumpy

    The above 8 posters are confirmed at this stage; will close off nominations at 10 PM Monday the 11th of January. That will give us the whole of Tuesday and Wednesday to sort the rules/guidelines out.

    Unless advised otherwise in this thread, the draft will start at Midday AEST on Thursday 14th January.

    Everyone who has nominated to play needs to make sure that they are aware of the start time and are comfortable with the rules.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-17

    Re: Draft Game 2016 v1

    Post by Bren on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:32 am

    I will tactically pick Simona at a certain point.

      Current date/time is Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:17 pm