NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    QLD Maroons

    Share

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Dip on Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    There are those who are right and those who are wrong. You're in the latter.

    Says the guy who says "we were robbed" when you lost by 8 and didn't look like scoring again.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 25, 2016 10:37 pm

    @Dip wrote:
    Says the guy who says "we were robbed" when you lost by 8 and didn't look like scoring again.

    Any idiot, even a QLDer, knows one moment can change the momentum of a game. We had a penalty towards the end of the game that would have at least tied it up but let's ignore that fact.

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Dip on Wed May 25, 2016 10:46 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Any idiot, even a QLDer, knows one moment can change the momentum of a game. We had a penalty towards the end of the game that would have at least tied it up but let's ignore that fact.
    I'll ignore that "fact" because it's a lie. NSW got 3 penalties that game, in the 16th, 32nd and 52nd minute, and nothing after JT's conversion in the 74th minute. Farah did kick it out on the full in the 76th minute though in case you were wondering about momentum.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm

    @Dip wrote:
    I'll ignore that "fact" because it's a lie. NSW got 3 penalties that game, in the 16th, 32nd and 52nd minute, and nothing after JT's conversion in the 74th minute. Farah did kick it out on the full in the 76th minute though in case you were wondering about momentum.

    my apologises, must have been another game I was thinking of.

    3 penalties though, that's not surprising. How many did QLD get?

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Dip on Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    my apologises, must have been another game I was thinking of.

    3 penalties though, that's not surprising. How many did QLD get?
    4. Typical origin, refs putting the whistle away.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 25, 2016 10:54 pm

    @Dip wrote:
    4. Typical origin, refs putting the whistle away.

    Oh nice close one, if only they didn't allow a ridiculously try.

    Now if we could just pull up Cam Smiths 40 forward passes a game that would be fantastic.


    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 25, 2016 10:57 pm

    It's easy to feel jaded as a NSW fan when the calls don't go your way.

    That Hodges try using Dip's logic cost NSW the series win. Being that QLD won 21-20

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Dip on Wed May 25, 2016 11:12 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:It's easy to feel jaded as a NSW fan when the calls don't go your way.

    That Hodges try using Dip's logic cost NSW the series win. Being that QLD won 21-20

    Nice try but QLD would have wrapped up the series in game 2 had the dodgy Morris try been disallowed. Game 3 wouldn't have mattered as much and the QLD team would still have been Stillnoxing their way through camp.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Honeysett on Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    Nice try but QLD would have wrapped up the series in game 2 had the dodgy Morris try been disallowed. Game 3 wouldn't have mattered as much and the QLD team would still have been Stillnoxing their way through camp.

    The indisputable Morris try? Sure thing.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7908
    Reputation : 1127
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Bren on Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 am

    @Honeysett wrote:It's easy to feel jaded as a NSW fan when your team is shit and lose for 8 years straight

    Fixed.

    Good thing is your team is on the up and all bullshit aside are a real chance of winning this year.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7908
    Reputation : 1127
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Bren on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:30 pm

    Cooper and Myles in for Morgan and Papa (Papa out injured)

    ryno_

    Posts : 629
    Reputation : 64
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:50 pm

    Bringing in Cooper and giving him incumbency could cause headaches next year when the banned alcoholics return.

    Could think of worse problems to have though.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2414
    Reputation : 507
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by No Worries on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:27 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:Bringing in Cooper and giving him incumbency could cause headaches next year when the banned alcoholics return.

    Could think of worse problems to have though.

    A bit like the Moylan / Teddy situation

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7908
    Reputation : 1127
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Bren on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:51 pm

    Your Name wrote:

    A bit like the Moylan / Teddy situation
    Not really. Unless Moylan was dropped for a night out on the booze that the media didnt report?

    Pain

    Posts : 1015
    Reputation : 161
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Pain on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:20 pm

    Cooper FTS

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2414
    Reputation : 507
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by No Worries on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:55 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    Not really. Unless Moylan was dropped for a night out on the booze that the media didnt report?

    Was hoping to sit back and watch the world burn based on the Blues thread.

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3628
    Reputation : 326
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Random on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:00 pm

    Good to see Cooper picking up his Maroon jersey. A bit disappointing that Morgan is out, but we should have the utility to cover any problems.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1386
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Pieman on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:41 am

    Good to see the mythical loyalty policy for QLD still exists. Just ask someone like Chris McQueen.
    Also, Lowe was in the camp last game. They lose a back rower and pick Cooper. Whats doing.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7908
    Reputation : 1127
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Bren on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:50 am

    @Pieman wrote:Good to see the mythical loyalty policy for QLD still exists. Just ask someone like Chris McQueen.
    Also, Lowe was in the camp last game. They lose a back rower and pick Cooper. Whats doing.
    Didnt Cooper train with the squad before game 1?

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: QLD Maroons

    Post by Dip on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am

    Cooper was 18th man last game.

      Current date/time is Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 am