NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Beer Appreciation

    Share
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2585
    Reputation : 592
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by No Worries on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 pm

    Hoppy Gonzales - Jalapeno Ale from the Shenanigans Brewing Company. For the fuckin win !
    avatar
    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 8722
    Reputation : 1443
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Bren on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm

    Since I grow chillis that looks tasty as.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2585
    Reputation : 592
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by No Worries on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 pm

    It's like a never ending circle in a bottle. Beer, chilli after taste, so take a swig, beer, chilli after taste, repeat.

    PS - It's a dark hoppy ale
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 1135
    Reputation : 190
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Pain on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:19 pm

    Had a couple of lazy yaks last week. I like.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4243
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

    Looks pretty nice, will give it a crack. What kinda spicy taste? Similar to death from above? Or more so?
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 362
    Reputation : 71
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by dasherhalo on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

    Did someone say chilli? You're heading into my territory here Smile

    I've got half a fridge shelf devoted to "the good shit".
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7575
    Reputation : 880
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by SI on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 pm

    @dasherhalo wrote:Did someone say chilli? You're heading into my territory here Smile

    I've got half a fridge shelf devoted to "the good shit".

    I can't even look at it without breaking into a sweat. Anything over and above a mild curry and I'm out.
    avatar
    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 8722
    Reputation : 1443
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Bren on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

    @SI wrote:

    I can't even look at it without breaking into a sweat.  Anything over and above a mild curry and I'm out.

    So the question is, do you keep your weak sauce in the fridge or cupboard?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7575
    Reputation : 880
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by SI on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:46 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    @SI wrote:

    I can't even look at it without breaking into a sweat.  Anything over and above a mild curry and I'm out.

    So the question is, do you keep your weak sauce in the fridge or cupboard?

    Haha, all sauce in the fridge except worcestershire.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4243
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:22 pm

    *shakes head*

    Dip

    Posts : 841
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Dip on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:30 pm

    I like craft beer, but geez I laughed at how accurate this can be:

    Warning: Not safe for work (Chopper Reid)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCs4abeOKuU
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1259
    Reputation : 202
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:48 pm

    Hahaha, good thread.

    Just for Honeysett, I am actually spending this weekend with Lucy from Brewdog (she's in HK). I met the whole team in Shanghai last year when I went up to visit James (the CEO) for SIBF. Proceeded to have a two day bender with James and have been great mates since.

    Also helps that I work with one of the few legal importers of craft beer in China and Brewdog is by far and wide our best seller!

    If you like Lizard Bride you need to try Holy Moose and Pumpkin King!
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4243
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:52 pm

    Mate, where is your bar and when do I start? Haha.

    I've been drinking the Blood Orange Gose like it's water with these 40+ degree days. It's so refreshing considering the taste.

    My house mate has just started brewing his own beer so I'm excited by that.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1259
    Reputation : 202
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:09 pm

    Hahaha, bar is in China. I've actually been brewing myself for the last 10 years or so but it's so hard to get a license to do so in Aus and have it as a business. When the opportunity came up to move to China and open a brewery/bar I jumped it. Cost me nearly 80k AUD to open the place but have loved it since. Nowadays I don't have much to do with the place as we are finalizing the sale of it.

    Since then I've had the chance to meet some pretty awesome people in the craft beer world. The kiwis around may know a bloke called Leon Mickelson, huge in the brewing world over here and a NZ local that has won a tonne of awards. Spent a few months at his brewery in Shanghai learning a bit more when I first moved over and wow, does he know some people! Lol.

    Also, if anyone gets a chance to go to the Bellarine in Melbourne, drop in to the Flying Brick Cidery and say hi to the boys there, cuople of lads I know pretty well that have a choice little place.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4243
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:Hahaha, bar is in China. I've actually been brewing myself for the last 10 years or so but it's so hard to get a license to do so in Aus and have it as a business. When the opportunity came up to move to China and open a brewery/bar I jumped it. Cost me nearly 80k AUD to open the place but have loved it since. Nowadays I don't have much to do with the place as we are finalizing the sale of it.

    Since then I've had the chance to meet some pretty awesome people in the craft beer world. The kiwis around may know a bloke called Leon Mickelson, huge in the brewing world over here and a NZ local that has won a tonne of awards. Spent a few months at his brewery in Shanghai learning a bit more when I first moved over and wow, does he know some people! Lol.

    Also, if anyone gets a chance to go to the Bellarine in Melbourne, drop in to the Flying Brick Cidery and say hi to the boys there, cuople of lads I know pretty well that have a choice little place.

    Who do I ask for when I go there? I feel I may get looks when I say I know mearcats haha. All good mate.

    We've started stocking the fridge full of craft beer. We bought a few cubes of Nail Red, Copycat a few long necks of Death From Above and a variety of Sour IPAs
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1259
    Reputation : 202
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:31 pm

    Nyall Condon is the brewer there although you'll be hard pressed seeing him. Lol. I think Dave and his wife are the owners... Dont really know them that well, just know Nyall. Really nice place for a drink and laze around, also has really good food.

    They're pretty new and they are still fine tuning a few things but I'd go back there every weekend if I was still down in Geelong.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1259
    Reputation : 202
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:40 pm

    If ya can find it mate put some Doss Blockos in that fridge! It's only a lager and 4.6% but it has massive flavor and hop notes. So easy to drink yet with the added benefits of not being pish water.

    I dunno what else Aus has from Brewdog but if you can find it try and get your hands on Punk IPA and Dead Pony Club. Awesome beers. They also have a new Saison coming out that will be seriously good. Brewed using Bretts, orange, star anise etc. Pumped about that.

    Others I'd recommend trying are Two Birds Sunset Ale and if you like your Copycat see if you can find Jackhammer

    Dip

    Posts : 841
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Dip on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:50 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:If ya can find it mate put some Doss Blockos in that fridge! It's only a lager and 4.6% but it has massive flavor and hop notes. So easy to drink yet with the added benefits of not being pish water.

    I dunno what else Aus has from Brewdog but if you can find it try and get your hands on Punk IPA and Dead Pony Club. Awesome beers. They also have a new Saison coming out that will be seriously good. Brewed using Bretts, orange, star anise etc. Pumped about that.

    Others I'd recommend trying are Two Birds Sunset Ale and if you like your Copycat see if you can find Jackhammer

    I like the Two Birds Taco Beer. One of my favourites.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4243
    Reputation : 971
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:12 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:If ya can find it mate put some Doss Blockos in that fridge! It's only a lager and 4.6% but it has massive flavor and hop notes. So easy to drink yet with the added benefits of not being pish water.

    I dunno what else Aus has from Brewdog but if you can find it try and get your hands on Punk IPA and Dead Pony Club. Awesome beers. They also have a new Saison coming out that will be seriously good. Brewed using Bretts, orange, star anise etc. Pumped about that.

    Others I'd recommend trying are Two Birds Sunset Ale and if you like your Copycat see if you can find Jackhammer

    Big fan of what's already been mentioned, not a huge Saison drinker.

    Will give the Two Birds a try.

    I need to buy a new beer glasses. The only that I have I accidentally flogged from the pub and haven't been able to find it's pair. Without obviously stealing another one.
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 1135
    Reputation : 190
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: Beer Appreciation

    Post by Pain on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:06 pm

    Fridge at work is full of Green Beacon currently. Good times.

      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm